• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jan Vertonghen

From Garth Crooks' team of the season:
Garth Crooks said:
Lewis Dunk: I have watched this lad in the Championship and I have watched him again in the Premier League and I can't believe it's the same player. The growth in the space of a season has been quite extraordinary.

It would have been very easy for me to have selected Jan Vertonghen (who has had another good season for Spurs) but Dunk has had to be outstanding week in, week out. Without that level of performance, Brighton would have sunk without trace.

If any of the big six have any sense whatsoever they should get their chequebook out immediately. He's worth £30m of anyone's money in the current financial climate.

Did you know? Dunk made more blocks than any other Premier League defender this season (56).

Nicolas Otamendi: I can never make up my mind about Otamendi. I have seen him play brilliantly for City and then suddenly be a complete disaster. I must say his calamities have been less frequent this season. He had a fabulous first half to City's league campaign and deputised for Vincent Kompany brilliantly during a very important period for the club.

Defeats by Liverpool in the Champions League were not his finest hours, but overall he has proved to be a steady influence in a Emirates Marketing Project team whose emphasis as always been on attack not defence. Lucky for him.
So why the hell didn't you pick Jan? Idiot. I won't even get started on his asinine "but he hasn't won a trophy" Kane write-up.

I used to love watching Crooks and Archibald play ' especially in front of Glenn setting them up. But i can not stand watching him now on the box.

Did you know? Dunk equalled the PL record of 4 own goals in a season (and could have easily broken it had that last goal not been credited to Robertson instead).
Yes, JapaneseGardenDanishFurnitureCustardTightsLover told us Dunk would score loads of own goals, prior to the season.

Dunks inclusion suggests there is an element of grading on a curve, yet Guardiola still won the manager of the year award despite a fairly average season based on their resources.

Dunks inclusion suggests there is an element of grading on a curve, yet Guardiola still won the manager of the year award despite a fairly average season based on their resources.

Huh? Record premier league points haul.. How on earth can you call that average? Little bit of humility wouldn't hurt.

Back