• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jadon Sancho

I read somewhere that even if we sign him now he won't be allowed to play for us until the 2018-19 season. I don't know why, I don't get it, but that may be a reason why we are not proceeding right now.

Shame if it's true we have pulled out of the deal. By all accounts he is very highly rated

I read somewhere that even if we sign him now he won't be allowed to play for us until the 2018-19 season. I don't know why, I don't get it, but that may be a reason why we are not proceeding right now.

Shame if it's true we have pulled out of the deal. By all accounts he is very highly rated

Yes. We can sign him at any time. But we need City's permission to play him whilst he is under scholarship.
From the ESPN story earlier :

Although Sancho is free to sign for another club, he would not be able to play for them before the end of his scholarship deal without City's permission, and sources close to Spurs said they have decided against pursuing him this month, with City unwilling to release the player.
City would be due compensation, set by a tribunal, if Sancho signs elsewhere, and the matter could be resolved in this way in the future.

Yes. We can sign him at any time. But we need City's permission to play him whilst he is under scholarship.

Although Sancho is free to sign for another club, he would not be able to play for them before the end of his scholarship deal without City's permission, and sources close to Spurs said they have decided against pursuing him this month, with City unwilling to release the player.
City would be due compensation, set by a tribunal, if Sancho signs elsewhere, and the matter could be resolved in this way in the future.

Sounds like that that is something which could easily be agreed as part of the transfer...(?). Maybe its just a negotiating position

Seems a bit short sighted if that's the reason?

Sounds like that that is something which could easily be agreed as part of the transfer...(?). Maybe its just a negotiating position

I think the "have decided against pursuing him this month" is the key bit of the whole article.
We've got only a few days left to finalise the senior player transfers. Sancho can wait.

I think the "have decided against pursuing him this month" is the key bit of the whole article.
We've got only a few days left to finalise the senior player transfers. Sancho can wait.

Right, but a lot changes in a few months. The Jan window and next summers are a long way away. I'd think that if we dont secure him now when it seems as though we're well positioned, the probability drops quite a bit

Right, but a lot changes in a few months. The Jan window and next summers are a long way away. I'd think that if we dont secure him now when it seems as though we're well positioned, the probability drops quite a bit

Do the official transfer windows apply to scholarship - i.e. Non-professional - players? I didn't think they did, rather that transfers can happen at anytime subject to clubs agreeing - but I have a pretty low level of knowledge on the subject.

Do the official transfer windows apply to scholarship - i.e. Non-professional - players? I didn't think they did, rather that transfers can happen at anytime subject to clubs agreeing - but I have a pretty low level of knowledge on the subject.

You'll get various replies telling you that certain people know all the rules!

Clause 13 of the standard scholarship agreement (it's page 466 of the Premier League rules) say that a club must cancel the contract of a scholarship player at the player's request but the player cannot then play for another club until the first club has been paid compensation.

The compensation rules are set out in para 283 of the FA's Elite Player Development rules and seem to suggest maximum compensation of £1.3m plus 5% of any future transfer fee.

So from the above the rules are clear. City are required to cancel Sancho's contract if that's what he wants but he then can't sign for another club for 2 years unless the new club pays the prescribed compensation - a small amount linked to appearances and 5% of future transfer fees.

Clubs are barred from inducing scholarship players to leave their clubs but by all accounts it's clear that in this instance the initiative has come from the player.

Basically if he wants to join us City cannot stop him.

Never seen him play, what's all the fuss about?
Exactly. Yes he's highly rated, but he has done naff all on a domestic level. He might well be the most talented prospect ever, but no one here knows if he's going to be that good. Bit much saying if there's only one more signing want it to be him....

Odegaard anyone?

Not good enough at this stage. Was stupid to go to Real Madrid. He needs a full season or two in Holland to test himself, I reckon. Was a big talent, but has stagnated somewhat since he went to Real.

Back