1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Jack Clarke

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Denmark Spur, 2 Jul 2019.

1. Modric THFC

Modric THFC Chris Perry

I said in the post
    "He only can get in the squad as one of the 17 non local or one of 4 association trained."

I really am lost why people are struggling with this. It's the same rules every year.
    We had the exact same with Parrott, Sessegnon and Foyth.

2. Moby

Moby Pedro Mendes

Jack N’Clarkedo?

3. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Jimmy McCormick

4. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Jimmy Neighbour

Would be good to see him get some time in the Europa / Carabao games.

5. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Pat van den Hauwe

Doubt it. Jose is desperate to win trophies and is an extremely hard task master. Witness what's happened with Foyth, a classy defender who is much more experienced and has several appearances under his belt. Even Sessegnon cannot get a game.

I'd say at this stage Clarke is potentially just one poor game from oblivion.

6. milo

milo Jürgen Klinsmann Staff Member

He's only a year older than Harvey White. He needs to go out on loan to a club that will play him. Realistically, he's at least a couple of years away from being ready for the first team and Mourinho won't be here then

7. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Ian Walker

He’s off the mark... albeit in PL2...

8. nayenezgani

This excites me:

9. Raziel

Raziel Steffen Iversen

In the EL squad

10. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Vic Buckingham

Under age player isn’t he so doesn’t take a senior space

11. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Ian Walker

12. milo

milo Jürgen Klinsmann Staff Member

I thought that he did alright in the short time that he was on. Got involved and created things, it's a shame that his shot didn't go in.

13. Moby

Moby Pedro Mendes

It did go in.

In row 178 of the south stand. :D

14. nayenezgani

Every time he touched the ball it was assured and positive. Taking the game on is what he wants to do. Hope he continues to get chances.

braineclipse and milo like this.
  15. braineclipse

braineclipse Barry Daines

I'm guessing he'll continue to get chances in the EL, perhaps even a start later in the group stages if he does well and we're in a good position.

In the league... Son, Bale, Moura, Bergwijn and Lamela ahead of him. With loads of competition centrally too (where Bale or Lamela could otherwise play thus freeing up space wide). Only seven subs too. Will be difficult unless we have a string of players missing.

I think EL appearances and perhaps a loan in January looks quite likely.

milo likes this.
  16. AdamB

AdamB Luka Modric

EL appearances definitely this season. Its nice that we have some promising younger players just under the level of the first team squad - Clarke, Sessegnon, Foyth, Skipp, Parrott. Not all will make it, but hopefully a couple will.

In terms of Clarke and wide forwards, I'm not sure that the number of wide men - Bale, Son, Moura, Lamela, Bergwijn - (particularly with 2 'number 10s' in Dele and Ndombele as well) is viable in the long-term. I expect one of the wide men to leave next summer as I cant see that we'll be able to get them all enough game time

17. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Paul Robinson

That's what I've noticed. Definitely has 400% belief in himself

18. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Pat van den Hauwe

Watching him yesterday I was thinking it's funny how things work out. Loaned back to Leeds after we bought him, things really didn't look that good when he got practically no game time. Recalled, loaned out to QPR and again, not much game time.
    New season and he's making his Spurs debut in a European game playing alongside Gareth Bale and almost scoring! Of course that might be as good as it gets, but I think we saw enough promise in him last night to be sure we will be seeing him again in EL games, and maybe early FA Cup rounds. You also get the sense that he's got drive and determination as he has obviously worked hard and shown enough of whatever Jose is looking for to be given his chance.

19. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Andy Thompson

I'm kind of happy he didn't bury it in the top corner last night! He would have been hyped up to another level, and that could have made the pressure on him a bit too much. Fans and pundits would judge every minute of his future performances, based on that special moment. Better for him to take step by step a bit out of the spotlight.

indospurs, Bullet and Bedfordspurs like this.
  20. braineclipse

braineclipse Barry Daines

Quite the difference to what we saw from him in preseason where he (to me at least) looked more timid and short on confidence.

Training well in deed.

nayenezgani likes this.