• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Jack Clarke

I just dont see what Clarke does to take the heat off of the more "prime" transfers.

Clarke is a second tier signing, not a first 11. Someone to bring in, have a look at, see if they develop.

Honestly the sort of signing I love, but for those looking at our dealings with a more critical eye he will be no more than an after thought.

I certainly dont see his signing diminishing anything around (say) N'Dombele or Lo Celso or Zaniola who will come in with big fees and the appropriate hype/expectation.

Im talking about heat as in from the press, not on the pitch.
Let's say we sign ndombele, first question in press conference is going to be about how he is our first signing in however long it is.
In fact everything said or written about him will be prefaced with 'spurs first signing in 18 months' , heaping the pressure on.
Whereas if its Clark who is less likely to play every game it helps settle the hype down imo.

Im talking about heat as in from the press, not on the pitch.
Let's say we sign ndombele, first question in press conference is going to be about how he is our first signing in however long it is.
In fact everything said or written about him will be prefaced with 'spurs first signing in 18 months' , heaping the pressure on.
Whereas if its Clark who is less likely to play every game it helps settle the hype down imo.

Sorry, I assumed you meant from the fandom.

Though to be honest I still think the same applies (what Ive posted) from the press perspective too.

Yes, the "first signing in 18 months" question will be nullified, but he will still be our record buy (by a distance), biggest/highest profile signing in years, and just how KEY he will be to the team wont be lost on anyone.

Poor fudger will be coming in with HUGE expectation from all sides.

Clarke? Simply not comparable, still a B tier signing, first in 18 months or not...

If he's the only transfer we do then yes huge pressure. But if he's the precursor to ndombele, lo celso and zaniola for example then I feel it takes some heat off them.
Helps keep the narrative of only signing who we want and not just anybody going.
And you forgot Zaniolo's mom.

Absolutely agree, Clarke is a classic Spurs type signing under Poch - he's got all the tools to succeed. I cant believe we would get him for £8m that would be the equivalent of when we signed Lennon for £1m:D.....

Well if he turns out as good as Lennon did we will all be happy fans. :)

Well if he turns out as good as Lennon did we will all be happy fans. :)

Right, I remember seeing Lennon play in pre-season friendly at Stevenage when we signed him and Routledge, he was much better than the experienced Routledge in that game and I thought we'd signed a little diamond.

Bit left field but has he got any previous as a defender? Took one look at YouTube and looks like he’s predominantly a right footer playing right side. I wonder if the club has designs on developing him into a RWB or even attacking FB.

I could be way off as I’m not overly familiar with him.

Bit left field but has he got any previous as a defender? Took one look at YouTube and looks like he’s predominantly a right footer playing right side. I wonder if the club has designs on developing him into a RWB or even attacking FB.

I could be way off as I’m not overly familiar with him.
Yes that’s definitely a bit left field mate. His talents are most definitely in attacking areas. Then again, he’s young and we have a magician in charge so who knows what he will get coached into:D....

Yes that’s definitely a bit left field mate. His talents are most definitely in attacking areas. Then again, he’s young and we have a magician in charge so who knows what he will get coached into:D....
We do need a backup goalie. Ederson, after all, was a LB before converting to goalie. Wait, you don't suppose...

All the press has that inevitability about it now, it certainly looks like its happening.

Most recent reports state an 8.5m fee with add ons - pretty bloody sensible if you ask me!

Back