• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ivan Perisic

Sign of intent on the basis Conte would want a 33 year old, we would never unless that was care, and early.....who is this Tottenham, not used to it

Fair to assume this is some kind of sweetheart deal between an elderly World Cup-bound player who really enjoys playing for Conte and has hinted at having capabilities that will carry him into his mid-30s in a manner not unlike what we're seeing from the remarkable Luca Modric. And Conte equally regards him as special due to past achievements.

I am totally compromised in my enthusiasm for this pending deal because Perisic's Hrvatska are playing my Canadia in Qatar. And doomed to fail against the World Cup's impending Shock Squad, a young, talented and astonishingly fleet-footed group who will turn any game into a Compleat Fcukin' Track Meet and destroy the aging Hrvatskans in the desert heat.

I hope Perisic still has something to offer Spurs after his long recuperation.

Can’t see him playing left wing back much at all at his age. Think he’s cover for the big three up top. Been an underrated player the last ten years, great mentality.

Can’t see him playing left wing back much at all at his age. Think he’s cover for the big three up top. Been an underrated player the last ten years, great mentality.

Not sure about that. I think this is the Paratici trick of negotiating multiple deals at once, so Kostic or Perisic as LWB

Getting him on a free should be a complete no brainer. He's always looked a very good player every time I've seen him play.

Cheers.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's absolutely fine as a wing back for us. Seems a great pro and always been a hard working player from what I've seen.

Conte does like his all action, up and down all game wing backs. But it's not the only way to be a successful wing back in a Conte system. Wouldn't describe Doherty as super athletic, yet was a very good fit when he found his stride.

There are phases of play under Conte that are more end to end, where the pressure on the wing backs are greater. But often it's more about controlled phases of play with some spikes of very direct play when the opportunity arises.

Some games I get the feeling that the wide forwards go through more work than the wing backs. May be a result of the players we've had available and the lack of rotation option for the wing back roles. But I don't think Conte needs quite the stamina from his wing backs as we had/needed at times with our full backs under Pochettino for example.

Back