• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK Thread

Hull City signed Diomande for 1,7m Just before the Window shut. Id have him as cover and EL striker. There are always option out there that can do a job. Going in without any is Not a good idea. It didn't have to be a dream signing. We are putting unnecessary pressure on our self and might have a total season collapse if we use Kane too much. Id have Kaz Sterling in our EL line up by this point

It's not just the £1.7m though. It's the £10m 4-year contract too, so a £12m investment.

And it's not being able to buy anyone else in future windows because we can't get rid of them

Reckon that player is more likely to earn 2-3m over a 4 year contract. And it's cheap enough that he'd be easy enough to move on if we wanted to. Can't be so afraid for future transfer windows that we allow ourselves to go undermanned into the current season.

interesting list, I think if you remove the names of those who went for stupid money, those we couldn't pay the wages for and then all the ones who are crap, it would be a much shorter one

Agree if the point was to show at everyone we should have had, it backfired because that list is a A-Z of mediocrity with perhaps 1-2 players where people will say in 2yrs we should have brought xxxxx.

Why did we never compete for arsenal for Michu... Oh yeah thats right!

It's not just the £1.7m though. It's the £10m 4-year contract too, so a £12m investment.

And it's not being able to buy anyone else in future windows because we can't get rid of them
Players like Adebayor are the exception, not the rule. Most players would rather play than sit around picking up a pay check for doing nothing. You cannot tell me that there isn't at least one player in my list above who could've been a good option for Spurs to provide cover/competition/a partner for Kane.

Agree if the point was to show at everyone we should have had, it backfired because that list is a A-Z of mediocrity with perhaps 1-2 players where people will say in 2yrs we should have brought xxxxx.

Why did we never compete for Ar5ena1 for Michu... Oh yeah thats right!
The list was an off the top of my head list of players that moved/were available for a move this summer. I would imagine there are at least 20 others that could be added to it. We are now faced with the prospect of either completely over playing Kane or being understrength in the Cup competitions and thus having no chance of achieving anything worthwhile this season.

Are you happy that we now have to play until January (and more realistically next Summer) with a single centre forward who is already in danger of burn out? Are you happy that we waited until the last day of the window to put in anything like a serious offer for Berahino?

The list was an off the top of my head list of players that moved/were available for a move this summer. I would imagine there are at least 20 others that could be added to it. We are now faced with the prospect of either completely over playing Kane or being understrength in the Cup competitions and thus having no chance of achieving anything worthwhile this season.

Are you happy that we now have to play until January (and more realistically next Summer) with a single centre forward who is already in danger of burn out? Are you happy that we waited until the last day of the window to put in anything like a serious offer for Berahino?
Ugh, how many times do we have to say that it would have always gone down to the wire with Berahino, no matter what, because Brom was always going to wait until the last minute to get more than £20-25m for him. We were their plan B, but they managed to fudge it up. Nothing, I mean nothing, we could have done to change that short of splashing crazy money, and everyone agreed that even £25m was too much.

I don't like to berate people, but seriously, why is this so difficult to understand??!!

No criticism of the list it looks about right to me.. Nope i would have preferred berahino. However Soldado scored 1 goal in 2015 and everyone seemed to praise his skills as part of a 4. Im pretty sure Son and Njie can get 1 goal between them.

I have no idea what we did or didnt bid and when for berahino, however im glad we didnt get in the wrong player. If berahino was the only one that fit the profile, then Berahino it is.

No criticism of the list it looks about right to me.. Nope i would have preferred berahino. However Soldado scored 1 goal in 2015 and everyone seemed to praise his skills as part of a 4. Im pretty sure Son and Njie can get 1 goal between them.

I have no idea what we did or didnt bid and when for berahino, however im glad we didnt get in the wrong player. If berahino was the only one that fit the profile, then Berahino it is.
If Berahino was the only one to fit the profile, then making two desperate bids on deadline day is absolutely woeful.

Probably fit the profile and was within budget. I'm betting there were others too, but nowhere close to what we could afford. Or maybe same price, but more of a risk. In any case, I do agree that you either get what fits, or leave it for the next window.

Ugh, how many times do we have to say that it would have always gone down to the wire with Berahino, no matter what, because Brom was always going to wait until the last minute to get more than £20-25m for him. We were their plan B, but they managed to fudge it up. Nothing, I mean nothing, we could have done to change that short of splashing crazy money, and everyone agreed that even £25m was too much.

I don't like to berate people, but seriously, why is this so difficult to understand??!!
I disagree. Firstly in this market he probably is worth about £25 million - how much is Kane worth for example? Secondly £25 million or even £20 million is no use to WBA at 4pm on transfer deadline day. If we wanted him we should've bid far earlier, if we weren't that bothered about getting him then we still should've bid earlier so that we could've moved onto back up options.

I'll ask the questions again....

Are you happy that we now have to play until January (and more realistically next Summer) with a single centre forward who is already in danger of burn out?

Are you happy that we waited until the last day of the window to put in anything like a serious offer (in fact two separate ones) for Berahino?

Reactions: DTA
Stop watching SkySports News they tell lies.! Plus even if they didnt according to various sources bids started between 4months and 3 weeks ago
Talks started months ago. A bid didn't go in until quite late in the window. It seems to me that Levy gambled on Berahino forcing a move and then left him out to dry. And now it is us left out to dry with Kane now having to play 2 games a week for the next few months.

I disagree. Firstly in this market he probably is worth about £25 million - how much is Kane worth for example? Secondly £25 million or even £20 million is no use to WBA at 4pm on transfer deadline day. If we wanted him we should've bid far earlier, if we weren't that bothered about getting him then we still should've bid earlier so that we could've moved onto back up options.

I'll ask the questions again....

Are you happy that we now have to play until January (and more realistically next Summer) with a single centre forward who is already in danger of burn out?

Are you happy that we waited until the last day of the window to put in anything like a serious offer (in fact two separate ones) for Berahino?
I don't think anyone is happy that we didn't get Berahino. The difference is where we are pointing the finger. If you think that the completely illogical move by Peace is due to the fact that we didn't put in a serious bid earlier, then that's your prerogative. I beg to differ. To me it seemed like he was hoping for more money than Spurs could afford, no one offered that money in the entire transfer window, he saw he was going to get Levy'd and ended up not dealing, even though it was his best chance to get a decent amount for Saido. Now could we have offered £35m in July and snapped him up? We could. But then everyone would be shouting bloody murder that we overpaid. So no matter what, we'd have something to complain about and slog Levy for.

As for playing with a single CF, we have had many discussions in other threads about this. Anyone who thinks that Kane will play every minute of every game is not in touch with reality. We have at least one more player that could fill the striker spot and possibly two in Chadli and Son. And we can always play a false 9. But before we go mental, let's wait and see how things will play out. If in January we are struggling with goals and Harry in knackered, then we can point the finger to not having gotten a back-up CF. But until then, anything we say is pure conjecture.

Edit:
One more thing: Brom didn't need the money from the Berahino deal to bring in players. They had already brought them in. They needed the money to recoup what they had already paid. And they could have used Fazio too.

Talks started months ago. A bid didn't go in until quite late in the window. It seems to me that Levy gambled on Berahino forcing a move and then left him out to dry. And now it is us left out to dry with Kane now having to play 2 games a week for the next few months.

Judging by Berahino and Pulis' quotes they don't think it's Levy whose left him out to dry.

Not to mention the dm situation. We have one player for this position

Where to begin...
Ar5ena1 have Giroud, Welbeck, Sanchez and Walcott who have all played and done well as lone strikers.
United have Rooney and Martial, but i agree they're a little short. Still, they have more cover than we do, and them being stupid as well is no excuse.
Emirates Marketing Project have two world class strikers. Bony is expected back for their next game.
You say Barcelona don't use them. Can you think of anyone else? Even so, we do! Poch's system does.
What I don't understand is how you're more than happy to describe Walcott as a striker, but then rule Son and Njie out of the discussion.

If Walcott is a striker, then so is Son. In which case, we don't only have one striker. Simple.

Trix: I was always confident on Berahino, and that was based on the fact I was told we would meet the asking price if we had to. We did! Now whether we were too late, had a flawed payment plan, or Peace was just being a dingdong I don't know(probably a combination of them all), but Berahino himself was told if we met it he would be allowed to leave with WBA blessing. I'm also told the board at WBA are not happy, and that Peace basically took this all on himself. Going to be a lot of fall out on this from both sides of the deal.

Grey Fox:
I'm going to start with Berahino, all the ITKS were confident of this happening because in my case I was told Pulis wanted him gone and he was handing in a transfer request desperate to come to us and further bids were going in. As I understand it the last was 23m plus add ons. Peace was being a rooster and now has an unhappy player and less in his bank account.

Moving on to the dm, Poch wanted Morgan and we offered the money but got blown out by utd we then put 20m on the table for Wanyama but Southampton said not for sale we enquired about Witzel but he wants Milan ( expect him to go there in January ) we were encouraged by Madrid to bid for Illarremendi but were told Liverpool were also interested Espanoyal were a left field move no one expected.

Someone posted a reply from Donna Cullen last night saying Son was our replacement for Soldado and basically that we are happy, that is complete gonad*s the coaching staff like us are very concerned about Harry.

As far as I know Martial was a possible back up to Berahino but again utd blew us out of the water with double the valuation and our bid.

We got rid of a lot of deadwood and would have let a few more go on loan if all signings had gone to plan, still might let a couple of youth players go on loan to championship clubs.

Adebayor is perhaps the biggest disappointment he has become really poisonous around the club and we still may pay some of his contract up .to get shot.

For all of those who continue to question ITK I repeat I am 58 had contacts within the club since the early 70s and supported it for over 50 years so why the fudge would I put out flimflam to fellow Spurs.

My list of people [on ignore] has grown from 0 to tens of people during this window and still growing I can't be bothered to see the same old gripes and negativity over and over again.

Just one more thing for Rob , can we have a taco emoticon please ?

Not as long as I thought, basically got fed up with explanations

Trix: Only bit I want to add to this is I was told Monaco wanted far far more than we were ever prepared to pay(more than double). We moved on very very quickly from Martial.

Grey Fox: we were led to believe by Pulis WBAS board and all connected to Berahino that the deal would be done

mustard on ftl: We tried for Benik Afobe yesterday as well - just spoke to his father - Wolves not interested in selling -

[Someone suggested they wanted 14 million. Turns out he's their only recognised striker
gasp.gif
with on-loan Adam Le Fondre as backup]

Grey Fox on "We could really do with some firm ITK on who to blame ;)": My dad for making me support this f****** lot

Ali Z:

(On Levy) 'unbelievable but he told Poch, Berra was done'
(On the suggestion that Mitchell only identified Wanyama and Berahino) 'He identified a lot more than that but when your chairman says no or won't pay the price what can he do in addition Poch did not want all the players from abroad.'

Hertyid: Apparently we were so convinced we'd got Berahino we had shirts printed for him.

Back