• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

ITK thread January 2018

Liverpool have addressed a big part of their defence which is their issue they may have lost Couthino but are still very strong going forward and Barkley is back in training I think he will be a good addition to their squad

arse are behind us so wasnt even including them I am more thinking if its us v liverpool for 4 th I think we are behind them and can see them beating us to 4th if we dont strengthen our attacking dept

It will be a tantrum if the ITK is correct

Why would you expect any different? Look at the evidence, especially the 0 arrivals for the past 4 Januarys:

2003 - Toda
2004 - Defoe I
2005 - Mido, Dawson, Reid, Cerny, El Hamdaoui, Limbersky, Hallfredsson
2006 - Murphy, Ghaly
2007 - Rocha, Alnwick, Taarabt
2008 - Woodgate, Gunter, Hutton, Gilberto
2009 - Chimbonda II, Keane II, Palacios, Defoe II, Cudicini
2010 - Gudjohnsen, Kaboul II
2011 - Khumalo, Pienaar
2012 - Nelsen, Saha
2013 - Holtby, Fryers
2014 -
2015 - Alli (loaned back)
2016 -
2017 -

exactly so if we suffered Kane out or Eriksen our goals scored decreases rapidly our goals dont seem to be shared around as much no goals from Wanyama, dier, dembele, winks, trippier, rose, aurier, sanchez, toby etc

for a big team we dont seem to score many from corners and set pieces

Gutterboy, only because I would have thought Levy would want us in the CL to help sell naming rights sponsorships, branding etc keeping top players in the summer and attracting more the final push before entering the new stadium and although we are there and there abouts the top 4 a few injuries and we wont score enough goals to get there otherwise

I would have thought he would have made this TW an exception thats all

Hasnt in the past. Son has covered Kane for an extended period before.

Just as Lamela can cover Eriksens role. Alli has goals. In fact one of the pleasing aspects of this team for me is that goals come from everywhere.

I would certainly like to see some addition to the squad, but the team has proven it can cope with injuries. Just look at our position now, our obliteration of the CL group, our performing best of the Christmas period - all while coping with a raft of injuries all season (and every game being "away")

exactly so if we suffered Kane out or Eriksen our goals scored decreases rapidly our goals dont seem to be shared around as much no goals from Wanyama, dier, dembele, winks, trippier, rose, aurier, sanchez, toby etc

for a big team we dont seem to score many from corners and set pieces

Eriksen doesn't really score goals either - it mainly Kane, Alli and Son who get 40:20:20 each. Others would pick them up if they were brought into those positions in the system.

No one scores many goals from set pieces, apart from anti-football sides like Stoke and West Ham.

Gutterboy, only because I would have thought Levy would want us in the CL to help sell naming rights sponsorships, branding etc keeping top players in the summer and attracting more the final push before entering the new stadium and although we are there and there abouts the top 4 a few injuries and we wont score enough goals to get there otherwise

I would have thought he would have made this TW an exception thats all

That's the argument every club makes every window. Just 2-3 more signings and we could...

The truth is 70-80% of all signings flop, and almost none have an immediate impact. We've got this far by not playing the short-attention span game and having a strategy instead.

I know but I would have thought this TW if we pushed the boat out and made an exception and got say a Mahrez in then I would be far more hopeful, I just feel would be a shame to be soo close again to getting in CL but just missing out, then with the pressure the media are putting on us to pay wages etc to keep "unhappy players" then not having CL and opening an amazing stadium that could have had CL but has Europa

I feel we are soo close to pushing on to great things, but also close to payers wanting off if no CL and then slipping out of reach of top 4 teams again

I know but I would have thought this TW if we pushed the boat out and made an exception and got say a Mahrez in then I would be far more hopeful, I just feel would be a shame to be soo close again to getting in CL but just missing out, then with the pressure the media are putting on us to pay wages etc to keep "unhappy players" then not having CL and opening an amazing stadium that could have had CL but has Europa

I feel we are soo close to pushing on to great things, but also close to payers wanting off if no CL and then slipping out of reach of top 4 teams again

Mahrez would take at least 6 months to get fit enough for Poch, and that's if his questionable/disruptive attitude didn't play up.

We'll get 2nd this season, but stability and squad commitment are our biggest weapons

CL is losing its relevance a bit now too, now viewing figures have gone off a cliff

and this big name flimflam in the summer, is this big name gonna wanna come play Europa or will it be the usual something changed last min and we couldnt forsee that happening BS
You really think we are not going to qualify for the Champions League this season?
Wow.

Why would you expect any different? Look at the evidence, especially the 0 arrivals for the past 4 Januarys:

2003 - Toda
2004 - Defoe I
2005 - Mido, Dawson, Reid, Cerny, El Hamdaoui, Limbersky, Hallfredsson
2006 - Murphy, Ghaly
2007 - Rocha, Alnwick, Taarabt
2008 - Woodgate, Gunter, Hutton, Gilberto
2009 - Chimbonda II, Keane II, Palacios, Defoe II, Cudicini
2010 - Gudjohnsen, Kaboul II
2011 - Khumalo, Pienaar
2012 - Nelsen, Saha
2013 - Holtby, Fryers
2014 -
2015 - Alli (loaned back)
2016 -
2017 -

And for every Defoe, Dawson, Woodgate and Alli, there's plenty Todas, Midos, Nelsens and Holtbys. Chances are low we'll sign top quality players with immediate impact (even Alli is not in that bracket if we're strictly talking January transfer window). That doesn't mean we won't sign anyone, but if we do, don't expect too much too soon.

And for every Defoe, Dawson, Woodgate and Alli, there's plenty Todas, Midos, Nelsens and Holtbys. Chances are low we'll sign top quality players with immediate impact (even Alli is not in that bracket if we're strictly talking January transfer window). That doesn't mean we won't sign anyone, but if we do, don't expect too much too soon.
Sessegnon and Brereton (my new flavour of the month) and loan them back. Sorted

And Messi.

Back