• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

itcflj46aqd71.jpg

Always been an unapologetic Lamela fan.

He never lived up to his potential, he hardly ever got extended runs without injury, he could be massively frustrating at times, very one footed and the never found a clinical streak. I get all that.

He had a fantastic work ethic though, both on the pitch and seemingly off it working his way back from one frustrating injury after another. Unlike some other hard working players we've had he had extreme qualities on the ball, even though he sadly never managed to turn that into consistent performances on the pitch.

It never looked like it was from a lack of trying, he adapted and adjusted, he kept going, never heard a complaint or saw a figure unwilling to keep pushing.

Thanks for everything Lamela, I adored what you brought and fear we'll miss that at times.

Back