1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

I liked Erik Lamela before it was cool

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by SuprSi, 30 Aug 2013.

1. IulianSteaua

IulianSteaua Jason Dozzell

This is an embarrassing stat. How people keep defending Lamela is beyond me. Hopefully we get an offer so we can sell him. Bergwijn has the same problem, wouldn't mind selling him too.

2. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Barry Daines

Don’t be silly mate. No one compares to Lamela in @Spurs7891’s eyes.

3. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Jermaine Jenas

Other people are trying to compare them with stupid stats above. I feel they are not comparable.

4. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Jermaine Jenas

Bale's goal return of 2,0,3,7,9,21,9 are only slightly better apart from the 2013 season. Remember, Bale didn't have much injury problems during his time with us while Lamela has been injury-prone since joining us.

5. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Jermaine Jenas

Lamela was never going to be the direct replacement for Bale. Lamela was a typical Levy signing : young and inexperienced player who was bought based on performance of 1 year. In fact, of the 7 players bought with Bale's money, Eriksen was the only experienced player but he was still only 22. If we had bought a better player with all of the money from Bale's sale, we could have fought for league title the following season under AVB. Blame it all on Levy's stupid transfer policy.

6. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Steffen Freund

Thanks for those 2 Rabona goals but even with his world class brickhousery surely Lamela has got to be sold this summer, as he’s another of our squad fillers who turns 30 next year.

Gilzeantoscore likes this.
  7. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Chris Perry

Picks that ball up in a brilliant position, well a brilliant position for 99% of players who can use their right foot for something other than standing on.

Bishop, Robbo, AdamB and 1 other person like this.
  8. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Pedro Mendes

So how times today did bale, Son, Kane of dele for instance pick the ball up in that position today and cause a problem?
    If people really think we are in the situation we are in now or lost today because of moments like this then I despair.

9. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Ralph Coates

The fact that we still have pegged leg Pete here is something for depair IMO
    At least Roma will want him now

Finney Is Back likes this.
  10. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Pedro Mendes

May well be, but we have much bigger issues than Derp
    This and the offside goal are smokescreens.
    One decent display against the worst team in the league in how many games from this side?

parklane1, harr1984 and Baleforce like this.
  11. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Ralph Coates

Don’t disagree
    But still having players like him here is a HUGE part of the problem IMO for both him and us

Bishop likes this.
  12. Baleforce

Baleforce Jack L. Jones

it's been the norm for 2 1/2 years now

glasgowspur likes this.
  13. Jurgen the German

Jurgen the German Barry Daines

I think him and Dier have earned a reputation as modern day Dave Mackay’s because of the battle of the bridge whereas in reality their level is closer to Steffen Freund, probably a bit harsh on Freund actually. They both love playing for Spurs and love a tackle. Simple as that in my opinion. That’s probably where the love for them stems from.

SteveAWOL likes this.
  14. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Chris Perry

Steven Freund is ten times the player that either of Dier or Lamela are. I don’t think either of them would play for any other top 10 PL team.