• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

I can feel your presents

My mom and dad had this weird idea that their kids shouldn't get anything "useless" (as in toys) they wanted for Christmas, as they had this idea it would somehow spoil us. So we got skis and skates from time to time, and occasionally some brick toys we didn't want, but I can't ever remember actually getting a toy I wanted. I wished for this Lego castle maybe three years in a row, it was like 50 pounds at the time, which wasnt an enormous amount, but I never got it.

I got a pair of Gazza slippers once though, from my uncle, and loved and used them to bits. I actually think they contributed to me being a spurs fan (got them when I was 5), so that's a great gift! :D

I don't think I've seen that before. Nerf prototype?

Edit: Is that a car coming out?

Yeah, it was a gun which fired out toy cars. You could buy various attachments which allowed the cars to do stunts (ramps etc).

I’m not sure my parents buying me any type of toy involving a gun showed great parenting skills in 70s Northern Ireland but it did provide hours of fun. :D

Raleigh Ultra Burner BMX. That was a good one. :D

View attachment 5586

Ill see your Burner and raise you with a Diamond Back Harry Leary Turbo

This was probably my best pressie ever

hlt01_lg.jpg

Got a chocolate tennis racket once. In my memory it feels like it was the size of a regular tennis racket, but it probably wasn't.

My mom and dad had this weird idea that their kids shouldn't get anything "useless" (as in toys) they wanted for Christmas, as they had this idea it would somehow spoil us. So we got skis and skates from time to time, and occasionally some brick toys we didn't want, but I can't ever remember actually getting a toy I wanted. I wished for this Lego castle maybe three years in a row, it was like 50 pounds at the time, which wasnt an enormous amount, but I never got it.

I got a pair of Gazza slippers once though, from my uncle, and loved and used them to bits. I actually think they contributed to me being a spurs fan (got them when I was 5), so that's a great gift! :D

I feel your pain, i dropped all kind of hints to my folks to get me one of these, never got it though. It was the first thing i bought for my son ( pity he was too young to use it so i did :D)

I feel your pain, i dropped all kind of hints to my folks to get me one of these, never got it though. It was the first thing i bought for my son ( pity he was too young to use it so i did :D)

Ah, yes! A scaletrix, or however the fudge you spell it. Man, we wanted one of those so much as well, haha. My brother bought one when he got his first job when he was 16 or something, even though he was way too old for it, just because it had been on the wishlist for so long, haha. Kids and toys though, in the end I don't think we really lacked anything, so can't complain, but I won't deny my son that one special toy he's been wanting for a long time, that's for sure. :)

I was lucky enough to get the GP Scalextric set with rev up and burn off for my 8th birthday, absolutely loved it, repainted the generic cars to match the Lotus and Williams real world cars.

Had a couple of Mini Coopers too which held the track better.

pole%20position%201.jpg

Last edited:
Back