• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Hugo Lloris

As critical as I am of Lloris after yesterday, I wouldn't drop him right now. If we dropped him, the pressure on Gazza is immense and it makes the general atmosphere more chaotic imo. The summer is the time to do it I think, when we are reviewing the squad as a whole. At the very least, in the summer I'd like to see Kane be made captain and a phasing out of Lloris, even if we don't replace him as a priority.

Agree, but would add Lloris is likely to be such a low priority in summer. It's more do we see Gazza as the guy long term, or do we need to bring in someone? unfortunately the 3rd spot is likely to be restricted to an English hopeful due to squad rules.

Agree, but would add Lloris is likely to be such a low priority in summer. It's more do we see Gazza as the guy long term, or do we need to bring in someone? unfortunately the 3rd spot is likely to be restricted to an English hopeful due to squad rules.

Agree with all that. At the moment, I'd leave Lloris in place as number 1 and captain for what remains of this season. In the summer, I think we should give the captaincy to Harry Kane and then allow Gazza a chance to prove himself as number 1, maybe see how he goes over the pre-season. Basically, let Lloris and Gazza know that the number 1 spot is up for grabs, if Hugo wants it to be his alone then he has to play better. As you say, we have other areas where the money will get used up on improving.

Possibly then -- the summer after this one -- we go after a new number 1 keeper, if Lloris doesn't improve/Gazza doesn't step up.

Don't be bloody daft people, we have not got money to splash about and our priorities are midfield and possibly a right back (which is doubtful IMO).

Change the goalkeeper! Not a chance and rightly so.

You are looking at huge money to improve on Hugo.
.75p and a packet of Jaffa cakes would cover it after yesterday’s gaffes!

ALL keepers make mistakes and always have done ( there is no hiding place for anyone in that position), however there seems to be more this season from Lloris then usual and i do not think anyone can deny that.

I have never gone for the world class handle that has been put on him by some fans, a very good keeper but that is it ( imo). He has been our number one for 7 seasons and he has deserved it but MAYBE its time to start looking for someone who can take his place going forward.

Looked to me like he pulled off a couple of decent saves on Wednesday. I guess Pochettino made the right decision.

Didn’t have much to do from what I remember. He needs to do it over the course of a season not just one game. Those stats AWOL posted a concerning. He’s had two inconsistent seasons in a row. I’m not saying get rid but I’d like to see Kane become the captain and have Lloris and Gazza fight it out for no.1 spot.

Heard Pat Nevin make a good point on the radio during the week. He said it was undeniably a mistake by Lloris but he has an issue with these things getting replayed and analysed in slow motion. Nevin said everything looks much worse in slow motion and it’s not fair to Lloris.

Watched the goal after and tend to agree with him.

Didn’t have much to do from what I remember. He needs to do it over the course of a season not just one game. Those stats AWOL posted a concerning. He’s had two inconsistent seasons in a row. I’m not saying get rid but I’d like to see Kane become the captain and have Lloris and Gazza fight it out for no.1 spot.

THIS!

As with Lamela, have loved Lloris and defended him but this season I'm finally starting to lose faith and confidence unfortunately.

However, I'm not sure Gazza is ready to step in (that's for Poch to decide based on training) and with the busy summer we're likely to have, I'm not sure changing the keeper this summer is a likely option.

We'll just have to hope Lloris gets his brick together.

Back