• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

How should we set up?

NorwegianSpursFan

Neil Ruddock
As Mourinho looks to have lost all confidence in what is his best team and formation, how should we set up our team to get the most out of the players we have?

I’d go 4-2-3-1 as that’s what suits what we have best imo.

———————Lloris——————
Aurier——?———Rodon-Reggie
———Ndombele-Høibjerg———
—?—————Alli—————-Son—
——————Kane————————

I know Aurier and Alli have been binned by Mou, but for the sake of this thread I would have then in my team.

what’s your take?

4-2-3-1 for me to.

Dele in middle of the 3. Son and Bergie either side.PEH and Tanguy in the 2.

As Mourinho looks to have lost all confidence in what is his best team and formation, how should we set up our team to get the most out of the players we have?

———————Lloris——————
Aurier——?———Rodon-Reggie
———Ndombele-Høibjerg———
—?—————Alli—————-Son—
——————Kane————————

I know Aurier and Alli have been binned by Mou, but for the sake of this thread I would have then in my team.

what’s your take?

Broadly agree. Get in a CB and a creative attacker and we have a decent team

Main thing which we need is a new manager

I don’t understand why people keep undervaluing Toby. What has Rodon done to deserve to start ahead of him, apart from being younger?

I don’t understand why people keep undervaluing Toby. What has Rodon done to deserve to start ahead of him, apart from being younger?

Our three senior CBs are all massively error prone. Rodon hasn't had time to make that many mistakes yet.

Our three senior CBs are all massively error prone. Rodon hasn't had time to make that many mistakes yet.

What are the recent mistakes that Toby has made? Maybe I’m just forgetting them for some reason. Whereas Rodon made a massive fudge up in the last game.

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Rodon Regulion
Hojberg Ndombele
Dele
Bergwijn Kane Son
That's a good team and a manager who can play on the front foot would make it work - you'd need to upgrade CB positions and RWF in the summer but that's a team right there to get you playing well and moving in the right direction.

———————Lloris——————
Aurier——?———Rodon-Reggie
———Ndombele-Høibjerg———
—?—————Alli—————-Son—
——————Kane————————

what’s your take?
What you have with any combination of Dier, Toby and Rodon at CB.
Lo Celso for Dele. I'm not convinced by any of the options for RW, probably Bergjwin.

Lloris
Aurier Alderweireld Rodon Regulion
Hojberg Ndombele
Dele
Bergwijn Kane Son
That's a good team and a manager who can play on the front foot would make it work - you'd need to upgrade CB positions in the summer but that's a team right there.

At the moment I'd play GLC rather than Bergwijn as we need more creativity, but yes I agree

the problem is the manager. He won't pick that sort of team and won't have us playing on the front foot like you say

Rodon not for me, yet.
4-3-1-2
----------------------Lloris-----------------
Aurier----Toby---------Dier-----Reg
--Sissoko--Ndombele--Hojbjerg
-----------------------Kane-------------------
---------------Bale----------Son----------

Probably some still feel jilted because he wouldn’t sign a contract. I’d take him over Dier any day. People like Dier because he points and shouts a lot but the guy is never gonna be a top class CB. He’s Everton or Villa level.

As for the front three, I accept Moura has his faults but he’s more likely to get you a goal than Bergwijn or Bale

Good question, and increasingly difficult to answer. I believe I don't know, but I would say:

Lloris
Aurier - Dier - Alderweireld - Reguilon
Hojbjerg - Ndombele
Bergwijn - Alli - Son
Kane

The problem system-wise here is that this is still essentially Poch's team, 4-2-3-1, but without its most important cog: Eriksen. I don't think getting Eriksen back will help much. I think we should be looking for a Different Idea - which I why I supported Mourinho initially (reluctantly). I think PEH is a good buy, but we still need four players post-Eriksen, and time for them to gel, just like we needed time post-Modric. So towards something like this, where either RW or 10 (or both) should be chipping in with goals:

Lloris
RB - Dier - CB - Reguilon
Hojbjerg - Ndombele
RW - 10 - Son
Kane

By the time we have this in place, we will need to replace Hugo, and pray that Harry stays.

Bottom line? It's not looking good.

At the moment I'd play GLC rather than Bergwijn as we need more creativity, but yes I agree

the problem is the manager. He won't pick that sort of team and won't have us playing on the front foot like you say

I know the manager won't play that team - I'm just showing there's a team to be made with what we have and he's just taking the tinkle.

Not sure if GLC is a RWF or capable but he's another good player if you want to play on the front foot.

.........................Lloris..........................
Aurier........Toby...............Rodon........Reguilon
.................Hojbjerg ....NDombele..............
Bergwijn .................Eriksen.................Son
.......................Kane.............................

What are the recent mistakes that Toby has made? Maybe I’m just forgetting them for some reason. Whereas Rodon made a massive fudge up in the last game.

It was his guy that scored today. Alderweireld is standing right next to him seconds earlier, then he just leaves him unmarked.

Back