• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Home and Away

totman

Jose Dominguez
Not the Aussie Soap (second time Ive mentioned that this week:oops:)

But is it overrated?

A pitch is a pitch right? Why should we approach games differently?

Ive always understood the obvious impact from the stands, but I think the next manager to abandon the whole cautious away game approach, will be onto something.

Its all in the mind surely. Why cant we play like we did yesterday, at The Emirates, or Old Trafford?

Discuss, nicely

Not the Aussie Soap (second time Ive mentioned that this week:oops:)

But is it overrated?

A pitch is a pitch right? Why should we approach games differently?

Ive always understood the obvious impact from the stands, but I think the next manager to abandon the whole cautious away game approach, will be onto something.

Its all in the mind surely. Why cant we play like we did yesterday, at The Emirates, or Old Trafford?

Discuss, nicely

Because Saudi Sportswashing Machine won't be playing at the Emirates or Old Trafford.

:p

I think there are a few factors

As you mention, atmosphere which can make a big difference
The whole aspect of travelling to the game and staying there - unfamiliar surroundings
the pitch itself is entirely different, its cut and watered to suit the opposition - as well as the size/shape being to their preference as well.
Home teams have a very different attitude, which again makes it difficult...

Also heard that Man Us dressing room was freezing at Stamford Bridge the other week...

But, I still think that a top team, would be even stronger if they just approached a football match as a football match. After all, teams dont train at their stadium..

One thing I never understand is when they mention the size of some pitches as being narrow and so it affects the performances of away teams. How could this be ? All football field supposed to be of same size right ?

Dont think so.

Its within a criteria. Still shouldnt make the blindest bit of difference imo.

12 yr old kids dont find themselves running off down the dual carriageway in confusion, why should a pro!?

The pitch has to fit within a certain range, and can make a tremendous difference.

Look at Stoke, their narrow pitch plays perfectly into their long throw system.

Utds big wide pitch allows their players a lot of space to exploit as is their system

Back