• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

I think everyone knows, there's just nothing to gain from laying in to him.

Like today if Winks on a vibe passing wise he doesn't offer enough other than just running around a bit. If we have a pairing of PEH and Winks we are in trouble as it is never going to be expansive progressive football with that spine. .

He has gone backwards literally. I've seen him drive forward with the ball beating 1 or 2 on the way before threading the ball to our front 3 behind Kane, did it quite a few times early in his career. Now whether under instruction or not, he just passes safe and usually stands his ground. Does nothing to find space, get the ball and get moves really going, it's all so pedestrian.

He has gone backwards literally. I've seen him drive forward with the ball beating 1 or 2 on the way before threading the ball to our front 3 behind Kane, did it quite a few times early in his career. Now whether under instruction or not, he just passes safe and usually stands his ground. Does nothing to find space, get the ball and get moves really going, it's all so pedestrian.

Yup, don't know what's happened to him. Look at the two videos in the very first post of this thread, around the time he made his debut - definitely didn't look anywhere near as safe and conservative back then. It's really weird.

He was poor today indeed ( and i say that as a fan of his) however they all were and we looked as bad as i have seen for a while. We seriously lack any creativity from the middle of the pitch.

A good squad player that is essentially in the squad for free.
Takes up one of the 4 club trained spots for Europe along with Rose and Kane.
The issue is starting him when he hasn't played since the Ipswich friendly 3 full weeks ago.
He then disappeared without any explanation including pulling out of the England squad.

Yup, don't know what's happened to him. Look at the two videos in the very first post of this thread, around the time he made his debut - definitely didn't look anywhere near as safe and conservative back then. It's really weird.

Doing the little Modric swivel and finding a good pass forwards was his trademark in the early days. Now he just looks slow and laboured, and keeps doing absolutely zilch when in possession. Looks like his confidence is shot or something. He just needs to dare more, take more chances, trust his abilities.

Doing the little Modric swivel and finding a good pass forwards was his trademark in the early days. Now he just looks slow and laboured, and keeps doing absolutely zilch when in possession. Looks like his confidence is shot or something. He just needs to dare more, take more chances, trust his abilities.
Absolutely this. He always shirks responsibility and just says "Not me, I ain't doing it, you have it" and lays it backwards. Bizarre that a talented player has regressed to such an extent, seems like he is psychologically damaged, way too scared to actually try things and make a difference.

Someone posted this earlier to show something different but look at the lack of options there just before 30 minutes...
toby is telling him to pass backwards as there is no one up front coming for it
upload_2020-9-14_18-24-21.png

Someone posted this earlier to show something different but look at the lack of options there just before 30 minutes...
toby is telling him to pass backwards as there is no one up front coming for it
View attachment 9327

It was me who posted it, and in fairness the full video clip also shows that Winks is too conservative:

Attachments

• IMG_3188.mp4
    12 MB · Views: 8
It was me who posted it, and in fairness the full video clip also shows that Winks is too conservative:

Hmmm not sure if you can embed video files so they can be streamed rather than downloaded?

For those who can't be bothered to download the clip, these images ilustrate the point I'm referring to - where if Winks had more balls / awareness he could take this ball on the half-turn between the two Everton players and look forward, but instead plays it straight back to Toby without once looking over his shoulder:

upload_2020-9-14_18-52-59.png

upload_2020-9-14_18-53-21.png

Can’t play it
It did watch it back again on MOTD and has it on repeat today in the background whilst working... the gap when we took Dele off was massive and Made it so easy for them to play. The lack of players showing for midfield when we have them ball is horrendous

Back