• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Winks

Thought he had a very good game last night and seems to be regaining his form again. He will never be a player who stands out but he keeps things ticking over.

Had a bad time with injurys and illness but he seems to be over that.

Thought he had a very good game last night and seems to be regaining his form again. He will never be a player who stands out but he keeps things ticking over.

Had a bad time with injurys and illness but he seems to be over that.
Thought he was excellent after the drinks break in the first half, when we had our best period overall. But anonymous for the rest of the game, but alright.

Good news to see him play that many games in a row and do quite well after his injury problems.

Still needs to improve, but he's doing well.

Thought he was excellent after the drinks break in the first half, when we had our best period overall. But anonymous for the rest of the game, but alright.

Good news to see him play that many games in a row and do quite well after his injury problems.

Still needs to improve, but he's doing well.

Do not disagree with you at all, what i will add though is players like Winks and others who do the job he is asked to do are rarely stand outs. They keep the ball moving and give it to others to do their thing, most good teams have a player like him and they play a important part for the team.

Do not disagree with you at all, what i will add though is players like Winks and others who do the job he is asked to do are rarely stand outs. They keep the ball moving and give it to others to do their thing, most good teams have a player like him and they play a important part for the team.
Oh I agree. And he's been an important part of our newfound defensive solidity.

There are these spells though where he does quite a bit more in terms of playing through lines of pressure, moves the ball with more purpose, takes control of the game.

I think he has it in him to do more of that as he hopefully continues to develop. Perhaps he needs more quality on the ball from the players around him, but if he could do that more frequently he would really step it up to be the player we dream of him becoming.

Oh I agree. And he's been an important part of our newfound defensive solidity.

There are these spells though where he does quite a bit more in terms of playing through lines of pressure, moves the ball with more purpose, takes control of the game.

I think he has it in him to do more of that as he hopefully continues to develop. Perhaps he needs more quality on the ball from the players around him, but if he could do that more frequently he would really step it up to be the player we dream of him becoming.

I wonder if he might be tried a little further forward if we sign a DM. I could see him being a useful squad player who covers a number of central positions.

I wonder if he might be tried a little further forward if we sign a DM. I could see him being a useful squad player who covers a number of central positions.
I doubt it because his end product is rather poor. His ball striking technique isn't really there either for me to expect him to develop goals and assists that are more or less required paying further forward.

I think he can step up another level where he's currently playing. There it's more about consistency and having better ball players around him imo.

I doubt it because his end product is rather poor. His ball striking technique isn't really there either for me to expect him to develop goals and assists that are more or less required paying further forward.

I think he can step up another level where he's currently playing. There it's more about consistency and having better ball players around him imo.

I don't see him scoring a lot either, I'd be interested in seeing what he could do in one of the Lo Celso/Sissoko positions in a 4-3-3.

Mainly as an option, like you, I see him mainly playing as the deepest midfielder.

He is a useful squad player, I agree. Lots of people b1tch about Winks, but you need players like Harry Winks in a squad - great attitude, local, english, committed etc. Some people think we can have a squad of Kevin de Bruynes

Fergie had people like Phil Neville, Nicky Butt etc. We need players like Winks, Ben Davies etc

You need players like Winks in the squad. OK, he might not be a regular starter next season and has been in/out a bit in the past, but he doesnt complain, he's committed and counts towards the home grown number. If we sold him, we'd need to sign another English player who would be happy as a squad member, and be as good. I'm not sure who that is

You need players like Winks in the squad. OK, he might not be a regular starter next season and has been in/out a bit in the past, but he doesnt complain, he's committed and counts towards the home grown number. If we sold him, we'd need to sign another English player who would be happy as a squad member, and be as good. I'm not sure who that is

For 40M though?

Eze and Brooks.

Back