• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
I wish Harry "brandished" the red card when Balotteli stamped on Parker. Teach those fudgein utter clams a lesson

A lot of us have said for years that Ferguson and Whinger get big decisions cos they blast the ref in their post match interviews and I think there's some truth in that. Haven't heard Redknapps yet but hope he does slag Mohican boy off.

Chich does Eddie Howe still lead the way for you to replace Harry?
No howe does not for me it is paul lambert followed by owen coyle(a good manager if he has a striker in his squad) i have also been impressed with rogers at swansea but need more time to form an opinon.

I will say that i do not want poyet anywhere near tottenham, i have seen brighton live 5 times this season and have been disgusted with some of his decesion making, he sets his teams up all wrong and as nice as it is to see a passing team, having no muscle in a side is worrying. If he came to spurs i would be very worried and do not think he would lst long as he has the wrong system in place not just worse players.

This season has seen me go massively off poyet he will have to improve a lot before i think about him as a future tottenham manager.

Harry is one of the most decent in how he speaks after matches. He rarely criticises refs and I am thankful for that. I really could not stand listening to the likes of King Kenny, Wenger or Mancini week in week out. And contrary to the original post, I actually think not constantly blaming others is a good thing, becuase it is telling the players that they are ultimately responsible and thus need to work as hard as possible to achieve success. Things haven't quite gone for us luck-wise so far this year, but that can change.

Harry is one of the most decent in how he speaks after matches. He rarely criticises refs and I am thankful for that. I really could not stand listening to the likes of King Kenny, Wenger or Mancini week in week out. And contrary to the original post, I actually think not constantly blaming others is a good thing, becuase it is telling the players that they are ultimately responsible and thus need to work as hard as possible to achieve success. Things haven't quite gone for us luck-wise so far this year, but that can change.

Yeah i hate the moaning after games but im talking about putting pressure on the refs before the match so they are more awake and less likely to make crap decesions.

I would like redknapp to be a bit canny about things like this and add some pressure to the refs.

Yeah i hate the moaning after games but im talking about putting pressure on the refs before the match so they are more awake and less likely to make crap decesions.

I would like redknapp to be a bit canny about things like this and add some pressure to the refs.

It is an interesting point, obviously the master of the mind games over the years has been Fergie. I am sure the pressure he has put on refs to perform ahead of big games has had an effect, but perhaps no more than the effect that repeated success seems to have had on refs going to Old Trafford. But I agree entirely about the moaning after games. So many bad examples this season of very bitter managers making themselves look silly.

I wish Harry "brandished" the red card when Balotteli stamped on Parker. Teach those fudgein utter clams a lesson

Even if he had, Webb didn't see the offence as he had turned his back, so it would have been a lost incident.

Even if he had, Webb didn't see the offence as he had turned his back, so it would have been a lost incident.

Im thinking more along the lines to goad Mankini.

By the way Webb saw it, they showed it in slow motion on Sky and I am certain he saw it. He looked in that direction and even told them to calm down while the ball was still in play and stopped the play. The clam saw it.

Im thinking more along the lines to goad Mankini.

By the way Webb saw it, they showed it in slow motion on Sky and I am certain he saw it. He looked in that direction and even told them to calm down while the ball was still in play and stopped the play. The clam saw it.

I also think he saw it, or at least the coming together. He pointed to it didn't he? But hopefully this means Balotelli will now have to face disciplinary by the FA (along with Lescott for a blatant elbow).

Id like to see Harry say in his prematch interviews about the 'offside' goals we have not got and also when people should have been sent off against us, just a little reminders to refs to make sure they get things right or they will be seen as a bad official.
He doesnt have to be a bastard, just state facts

Harry Redknapp's transfer dealings with us since Oct 08

This is just a brief breakdown of Arry's transfer history since joining us in October 08 for anyone that's interseted:

January 2009 transfer window

Ins = Keane 12m , Chimbonda 2m, Palacios 12m, Defoe 9m , Cudicini free

Outs = Ghaly 1m

Net = 34m

Summer 2009 transfer window

Ins = Bassong 8m, Crouch 9m , Kranjcar 2m, Naughton 4m, Walker 3.5m

Outs = Bent 12m , Chimbonda 2m , Kevin Prince Boateng 4.5m, Zokora 8.6m

Net = -0.6m

January 2010 transfer window

Ins : Kaboul 6m

Out : nobody

Net = 6m

Summer 2010 transfer window

Ins = Van der Vaart 8M, Sandro 8.5m , Gallas free

Out = Taarabt 1m

Net = 15.5m

January 2011 transfer window

Ins = Pienaar 2.5m

Out = Nobody

Net = 2.5m

Summer 2011 transfer window

Ins = Parker 5m, Adebayor loan, Fridel free

Out= Crouch 10m, Palacios 8m, Hutton 4m , O'Hara 5m , Keane 3.5m

Net = -25.5m

January 2012 transfer window

Ins = Saha free, Nelson Free

out = Pavlychenko 8m

Net = -8m

So in a little over 3 years Harry Redknapp has a net spend of 23.5m. That's 2 fingers to all those haters that were continuously going on about him needing to spend lots of cash to bring success to a club.

Last edited:
Might as well throw the inevitable argument straight in. They arent "Harry" buys.

I dont believe in the "VDV is a Levy Purchase" "Khumalo was Harry" line of thought.

But, Redknapp has gone to great lengths to say since he joined the club that Levy works on the transfers and is heavily involved.

Therefore, its a joint effort.

There have been a couple of turkeys but all in all (personel wise) it has been a very successful period. The only shame is that certain weak spots just havent been addressed, though I suspect that has a lot of outside influence rather than a simple "get on with it" and its done

O'Hara fee over the summer as well, and did we actually pay that much for Kaboul? Thought they owed us some money or something?

Net -25 million in the last calender year........if we do get CL this year you'd like to think we would have a SERIOUS kitty in the summer!!

It would also be interesting to add up the purchases for the development squads and such ie the coulibalys Velkjovics Ceballos Falques and such.

I'm liking how savy we've been in the market, but it would only take one Andy Carroll esque misfire to balls it all up, which is why I'm glad we didn't splooge 30m on a star striker in january, with Ade still here, it makes sense to get an experienced and hungry head in like Saha imo.

They are not Harry's transfer dealings. It's Levy's show, with input from Harry and others. Anyone is free to suggest someone, scouts and coaches, but in the end Levy decides.

Also, just looking at the transfer fees is pointless. There's agent fees, signing on fees, wages, various add ons. If we sell someone for ?ú5 million it does not give us ?ú5 million to spend.

Last edited:
Back