• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Redknapp: The Aftermath

Would you keep Arry after the Season?

• Yes - He's done well and should be given at least one more season to consolidate our team

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • No - he's peaked and would hold us back.

Votes: 22 46.8%

• Total voters
Posted in the transfer rumour thread, but it's just as valid here;

There is a term in sociology called a self fulfilling prophecy;

"The self-fulfilling prophecy is, in the beginning, a false definition of the situation evoking a new behaviour which makes the original false conception come 'true'. This specious validity of the self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuates a reign of error. For the prophet will cite the actual course of events as proof that he was right from the very beginning"

It is used in education when a child is incorrectly labelled disruptive (etc), then is labelled such (when in fact it is due to other reasons, say being gifted and thus unmotivated), then teachers begin to treat the child as disruptive and the child starts to become this false label.

We could well see the same thing here with Redknapp, in a slightly different context. ie Redknapp now gets his agent to put his feelers out, Levy likewise, because of a false third element (not-ITK itk's).

Last edited:

"The self-fulfilling prophecy is, in the beginning, a false definition of the situation evoking a new behaviour which makes the original false conception come 'true'. This specious validity of the self-fulfilling prophecy perpetuates a reign of error. For the prophet will cite the actual course of events as proof that he was right from the very beginning"

It is used in education when a child is incorrectly labelled disruptive (etc), then is labelled such (when in fact it is due to other reasons, say being gifted and thus unmotivated), then teachers begin to treat the child as disruptive and the child starts to become this false label.

We could well see the same thing here with Redknapp, in a slightly different context. ie Redknapp now gets his agent to put his feelers out, Levy likewise, because of a false third element (not-ITK itk's).

Good post. People often joke on forums that it doesn't matter what they say on there. But the club, the media are constantly trawling the forums of clubs to see the mood of the fans, try and get tidbits of information (this is why I think people who lie about ITK stuff are not funny, they're dangerous to the wellbeing of the club) etc.

The knives are out for Redknapp from a few of our fans, but they are the most vocal of our fans (as the disgruntled are always louder than the content) and their moods and opinions have been picked up by the media who have printing negative stories for some time. The honeymoon period ended when we got beat by Real Madrid. The marriage was on the rocks because we signed Scott Parker. Divorce is now imminent because we failed to get 3rd. Levy has been waiting for this moment, the moment the fans turned. I just hope he doesn't wait too long to fire him, as the last thing we need is prolonged uncertainty.

So Levy's crew really browse GG and other such forums waiting for fans to voice their disapproval? As you wouldn't say the fans have turned on Redknapp at all judging by support at matches.....

That sounds like something a bleeding heart social worker would say :ross:

So Levy's crew really browse GG and other such forums waiting for fans to voice their disapproval? As you wouldn't say the fans have turned on Redknapp at all judging by support at matches.....

I know for a fact that they used to constantly monitor online activity and opinions, as do media outlets. And they will discuss and act on things they see. It's a small part of the puzzle, but it's there all the same.

Online discontentment against Jol was a big instigator in what followed and was used as evidence by people at the club wanting him out. I am working under the assumption that nothing has changed.

As MK says, most organisations these days engage with media monitoring agencies.

As MK says, most organisations these days engage with media monitoring agencies.

yeah, id of thought it's a fairly obvious thing for a company to be doing tbh - it's an easy way to monitor the supporters (customers) feelings/gauge reactions to possible signings/future marketing deals or whatever.

but also those that are monitoring will not just be dipping in here for 5 minutes - see there's a 100 page thread slagging off Redknapp and report back the fans want him out, im sure they will be a bit smarter than that

If anyone thinks that forums are not monitored by people then they are deluded.

My company monitors everything from fudgebook to linkedin to anywhere else that the company's name is mentioned. Its an avenue to gain some knowledge, intelligence etc etc etc

In that case, I'd like to voice my support for Harry.

Triffic manager.

And sort the fudging catering out at White Hart Lane. It's abysmal.

Oh and make sure we don't get a brick stain across the shirt.

I'm sure tabloids do.

On the same subject, if YOU were Redknapp would you read your clubs forum? I reckon I would!

I'm sure tabloids do.

On the same subject, if YOU were Redknapp would you read your clubs forum? I reckon I would!

Yeah tabloids definitely do, I remember there was a period a season or two back where countless ITK posted was appearing in various papers the next day!

I'm sure tabloids do.

i don't think managers would - well very few anyway, but i reckon that a lot of players do, they have a lot of spare time and are part of the internet generation at the end of the day

Yeah tabloids definitely do, I remember there was a period a season or two back where countless ITK posted was appearing in various papers the next day!

I got a made up story in the Standard a few years back. I didn't post it here but did post it on some forums to see how easy it would be to get a flimflam story in the papers. The answer is very.

what a frightening concept

the idea that the club I love and have spent so much of my time, money, emotion and love on

could be influenced by the thinking and opinions of some of the "special" people who post on here

- its like letting Harold Shipman take your gran to the bingo

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jun/12/harry-redknapp-tottenham

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy considers whether to sack Redknapp

Harry Redknapp has said he has no intention of resigning as Tottenham Hotspur's manager but his future at the club is shrouded in uncertainty. Daniel Levy, the Spurs chairman, was bitterly disappointed at how the club missed out on Champions League qualification, having had a 10-point cushion in February, and he held Redknapp accountable.

Levy suspected Redknapp's protracted link to the then vacant England manager's job led him to take his eye off the ball. The relationship between the pair is spiky, with each having the capacity to rub one another up the wrong way, and Levy is considering whether to persist with Redknapp, in the face of his demand for a lengthy new contract. His deal has 12 months to run.

Leading figures within the Premier League managerial fraternity say that it would not surprise them were Redknapp to part company with Tottenham. David Moyes, the Everton manager, would be the strong candidate to take over in the event of a vacancy. Moyes, too, has 12 months remaining on his contract and, despite holding several meetings with the Bill Kenwright, the Everton chairman, since the end of the domestic season, he has yet to sign a new deal.Brendan Rogers, the new Liverpool manager, had his admirers at White Hart Lane, after impressing last season at Swansea City but his commitment to Anfield has taken him off the market.

Redknapp has had only informal arrangements with a personal agent in the past but he appointed Paul Stretford, who represents Wayne Rooney, among others, to conduct the negotiations with Levy over fresh terms. Levy was surprised to learn that Redknapp, 65, wanted three further years.

There has been public manoeuvring from Redknapp. He said last Tuesday that Levy ought to hurry up and offer him a new contract because the uncertainty could infiltrate the dressing-room if he were to enter the new season without an extension."It's not a case of me looking for security," Redknapp said. "What it's about is players knowing you've only got a year left on your contract and knowing that it doesn't work, basically. I think it's a situation of, 'Well, he might not be here next year'. You don't let players run into the last year of their contract if you think they're any good and you don't let managers run into the last year of their contract if you think they're any good."

This appeared to fly in the face of Redknapp's contention that the talk linking him to the England job had zero effect on Tottenham's players and was not a cause for uncertainty. His comments went down very badly with Levy and it is clear that Redknapp's position was not strong enough for him to make such suggestions. The timing of them was also unfortunate, coming in the wake of Levy suffering a bereavement.

There is no question, though, of Redknapp quitting the club. He spoke out after rumours circulated on Twitter that he had tendered his resignation. "I haven't resigned and I have no idea why it is being suggested that I have resigned," he said. "This is an outrage. It's an absolute liberty for people to be putting around this kind of rumour on the internet. It is not true. There is not a chance I will resign. Why should I? I have a year left on my contract."

Back