• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Harry Kane MBE

It does have a bit of the Sherwood vibe about that place doesn't it. Like any decent results don't really matter to us at the minute because the man in charge is both a) not fully accepted by fans and b) not going be around long term anyway, so it's hard to really get behind him.

*Not that I want to even compare Sherwood to any real manager yet alone one as successful as Jose, Just noticing that similar feeling right now.
Pretty sure that Sherwood’s PL results were better than Jose’s?... Team actually looked better coached as well.

It does have a bit of the Sherwood vibe about that place doesn't it. Like any decent results don't really matter to us at the minute because the man in charge is both a) not fully accepted by fans and b) not going be around long term anyway, so it's hard to really get behind him.

*Not that I want to even compare Sherwood to any real manager yet alone one as successful as Jose, Just noticing that similar feeling right now.

I wasn’t a ST holder back then so I didn’t attend every game but I was a member and went to most home games and from what I remember the atmosphere wasn’t that bad. Granted we knew he wasn’t the long term solution but it wasn’t a toxic or divided environment. I think it gets exaggerated on here because Sherwood took over from board hero (for half the board anyway) AVB. Had Sherwood taken over from Redknapp then I think reaction on here wouldn’t have been as bad.

As for Jose, there’s a pattern of us taking the lead and being happy with a 1-0 or 2-1 lead, sitting back and conceding late equalisers. How many times has it happened now? Fulham, WHU, Saudi Sportswashing Machine twice, Wolves. Far too often for a supposedly still great coach. When is he gonna learn we can’t rely on our back four for anything other than conceding silly goals? Just go for it and kill teams off rather than waiting for the inevitable mistake and goal to cost us.

I wasn’t a ST holder back then so I didn’t attend every game but I was a member and went to most home games and from what I remember the atmosphere wasn’t that bad. Granted we knew he wasn’t the long term solution but it wasn’t a toxic or divided environment. I think it gets exaggerated on here because Sherwood took over from board hero (for half the board anyway) AVB. Had Sherwood taken over from Redknapp then I think reaction on here wouldn’t have been as bad.

As for Jose, there’s a pattern of us taking the lead and being happy with a 1-0 or 2-1 lead, sitting back and conceding late equalisers. How many times has it happened now? Fulham, WHU, Saudi Sportswashing Machine twice, Wolves. Far too often for a supposedly still great coach. When is he gonna learn we can’t rely on our back four for anything other than conceding silly goals? Just go for it and kill teams off rather than waiting for the inevitable mistake and goal to cost us.
It wasn’t his tactics today that meant they had 22 shots
They were the better side really, which is arguably tactical but not because we sat back
We were just crap all over really and lucky we had Kane

You should check out this week's pod when it arrives! We say the same!

I was an ST holder back then, going home and away and I agree with you.... The general mood was huge relief that AVB had gone. I don’t think any of us saw Sherwood as being a long term solution but he was better than what went immediately before him and overall made going to games more enjoyable again.

Have been a massive fan of Mourinho's for years and always wanted him here. Now I have calmed down I know what I knew even during my knee jerk, just like Sherwood, you can give the manager stick all you want, the players are mostly to blame. The squad is a w*nk fest on paper but an embarrassment on the pitch, have been for two years now.

Feel for Kane, he gives this club and the team everything, yet he sadly has no medals to show for it with the club in another meltdown. I wouldn't blame him if he demanded to go and dug his heals in.

Just had a news flash he’s expected to ask for a transfer if we fail to qualify for Champions League

BREAKING NEWS

Harry Kane is expected to tell Tottenham he wants to leave if they fail to qualify for the Champions League next season.

Kane will not make a final decision until after the Euros but the failure to compete for major trophies is increasingly concerning for the ambitious England striker.

Any departure would be complicated and needs to be sanctioned by Daniel Levy, because Kane has a contract until June 2024 & Spurs have always insisted he’s not for sale.

The ongoing situation is likely to trigger interest from Europe’s top clubs.

Just had a news flash he’s expected to ask for a transfer if we fail to qualify for Champions League

BREAKING NEWS

Harry Kane is expected to tell Tottenham he wants to leave if they fail to qualify for the Champions League next season.

Kane will not make a final decision until after the Euros but the failure to compete for major trophies is increasingly concerning for the ambitious England striker.

Any departure would be complicated and needs to be sanctioned by Daniel Levy, because Kane has a contract until June 2024 & Spurs have always insisted he’s not for sale.

The ongoing situation is likely to trigger interest from Europe’s top clubs.
Usual report
Shame is the athletic as they usually pride themselves on quality
Instead it’s an article with no quotes, few facts and a lot of speculation

Second highest goalscorer in Tottenham's history and only to two runners up medals to show for it so far.

It's a massive shame that he is in this position, regardless as whether he wants to leave or not. He is the best player this club has produced since Hoddle, most probably the best ever and he's won nothing. Zilch.

I hope sincerely he stays but I would understand if he pushed for a move to somehwhere where trophies are expected and won. He's been a constant performer for us since late 2014 and his time here has been filled with oh so nearlys.

The usual "Kane to leave Spurs" article the day before a big game. What a surprise. :rolleyes:

That said, I'm sure he's contemplating what to do with the rest of his career. We’re moving in the wrong direction.
Yep standard media flimflam to try and unsettle us even more than we are already are

Back