1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Kane MBE

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by thfcsteff, 29 Jan 2013.

1. StephenH

StephenH Les Howe

And that’s what pays the wages!
    The cup is just a day out and there is no pressure what so ever!

Baleforce likes this.
  2. balesleftboot

balesleftboot Thimotée Atouba

You might be happy at the banter from opposition fans about our empty Trophy cabinet but I'm not. Arsenal were laughed at for years about 'top 4 being their everything' but at least they've continued to pick up silverware along the way.

3. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Ralph Coates

4. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Steve Carr

I personally not think throphies

MKSpur likes this.
  5. K.D.D.D.D.Soc

K.D.D.D.D.Soc Steve Carr

I personally dont think trophies are a measure of how good a player is or was, players like Wes Brown, Darren Fletcher and David May have plenty and I wouldnt have wanted them in any team. Trophies are won by clubs.

6. Denmark Spur

Denmark Spur Simon Davies

7. Denmark Spur

Denmark Spur Simon Davies

Well the speculation about him joining City will step up a notch now.

Although I guess that Citys main priority is actually Haaland.

8. GPRD81

GPRD81 Jason Dozzell

I've seen too many of our heroes leave for bigger and better things in over 30 years that I'd be naive not to expect that Harry Kane (and Son) are likely to feel their apsirations are higher than we can currently provide.

Throughout the years of seeing Gazza, Klinsmann, Sheringham, Campbell, Carrick, Berbatov, Modric, Bale and Walker all leave I have to say the current signs do draw an unnerving parallel.

So whilst I think its a big possibility that Kane is exploring his options and see's a future away from N17 I still think the state of the market suits us - there are only 6 clubs in world football that could either afford him and/or provide a significantly better chance of silverware - and when I say Silverware we're talking Champions League and/or a major domestic league title (Germany, Spain, Italy).

Haaland will be the trigger point this summer and then we'll have to see what happens with Mbappe. From what I gather neither Real or Barcelona are going to be in a position to sign either Kane or the aforementioned that would create a ripple effect. I don't think Bayern will buy a 28 year old with Lewandowsi still scoring at a phenomenal rate so it's PSG and Emirates Marketing Project who most concern me. Hopefully Man U would be scared off by dealing with Levy especially due to Kane's contract length.

Not sure what Juventus' situation is or whether he'd fit the bill for them? Aside from these teams I think Kane's options are limited and this might be what saves us this summer

9. Baleforce

Baleforce Paul Miller

I agree with you, but there only being 6 clubs that are a possibly destination isn’t new.

The last player that left us when we wanted to keep them that landed somewhere other than a super club was Keane to Liverpool right? Before that Carr to Newcastle?

10. Bedfordspurs

Boyhood clubs too

11. Bedfordspurs

Defoe has come out to clear up his comments... although there still not clear

12. DTA

DTA Alan Hutton

I love defoe. Underrated as well.

13. Bedfordspurs

Smashing bloke too
    Couldn’t ever go out if his way enough for his fans
    Really really loved meet and greets

14. thfcsteff

thfcsteff David Ginola Staff Member

They're clear. JD was articulate. Credit to him.

StephenH likes this.
  15. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Young-Pyo Lee

He was still an absolute cnut when he played for Toronto FC in MLS. The minute he found out he wasn't on the England squad, he downed tools and sulked until he could leave. I've loved everything he's done in both Spurs and Rangers shirts. But his time with Toronto was an indelible mark against him.

16. spurs' magna carter

spurs' magna carter Scott Parker

This for me.

We're always just too short on the whole for the big stars to stay and I personally see it being no different with Kane, as much as he loves the club. He has won nothing here and with his ability he should have had some medals by now, which given his ability and self belief will surely be eating away at him.

The only way I can see him staying, even with UCL qualification, is the financial damage from Covid restricting big clubs ability to afford him.

Mikey10 likes this.
  17. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Colin Calderwood

I think that a lot depends on what happens inside the club this summer. Provided Kane is not anti Mourinho, I think it's a better chance Kane will stay if Mourinho stays. A new coach/manager coming in will make it more likely for Kane to go as well, as with a new manager, it will be yet another 'project' that will probably take a at least 1 additional season to settle, by then he'll be close to 30. That's just my view of it.

18. GPRD81

GPRD81 Jason Dozzell

Yes agree there's always been a tier of clubs higher up the food chain than us. I guess the point I'm making is that there is still only a limited number of sharks circling and some of them are not in a position to strike.

2-3 years ago I'd have been a lot more concerned because:

1) At 24/25 he'd have been an even more attractive proposition to throw £100m + a 5-year contract at.
    2) Real and Barcelona would have had more cash.

I think circumstances may just act in our favour this summer.

MKSpur and Baleforce like this.
  19. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

I agree, should have played for England far more then he was given the chance to.

DTA likes this.
  20. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Dean Richards

The decision to bring Walcott to the 2006 World Cup instead of Defoe is one that I cannot make an ounce of sense out of. There was no footballing reason that justified that decision.

Arguably the most bizarre selection I can ever remember.