1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Harry Kane MBE

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by thfcsteff, 29 Jan 2013.

1. Parklaner81

Parklaner81 Anthony Gardner

I think that's one of the main ones I was thinking of actually - to win a penalty at WHL.

DeanoAustin likes this.
  2. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Les Ferdinand

Yeah I know right

But we actually are

;)

mjc23, Seedy Ron and DeanoAustin like this.
  3. Hootnow

Hootnow Jonathan Woodgate

I think the issue here is that you are taking being biased as a pejorative term. You think if I or someone else calls you or other fans biased, we are disparaging your opinion and saying that our opinions are better and more valid.

This could not be further from the truth. I literally listed a good few ways in which I, someone I'd consider generally quite level head and objective, become silly because of bias, especially in match contexts. We are all inherently biased towards our football club. It is silly to suggest we aren't. Even my wife is biased towards Spurs. She couldn't care less about football but knows I care about Tottenham so she does by proxy as well. She is not objective about football. Her father is a Man Utd fan but also has a soft spot for Spurs because he wants me to be happy. My point was do people have insight into that fact? Many do. Some genuinely don't and genuinely believe the refs are out to get us, the media are against us, other teams kick us all the time etc etc.

And you'll get fans of pretty much every single club saying the same. It is genuinely quite funny to read match threads of any club because, as much as fans love to pretend we are all different based on the club we support, it is exactly the fudging same, regardless of level, ability or what's at stake. :D Pretty much every single horror tackle from your players is conspicuously ignored. Every time the others go down, its a dive. Every foul the ref gives them was ridiculous. The ref is even more bent than last week's ref. This team are trying to rough us up. They're wasting time. They're brick. We're brick. (Insert random player that poster has an agenda against) is brick. The commentator could not be happier the other team scored. The pundits aren't giving us enough credit. FA are against us. It is literally every club. Spurs, Man Utd, Liverpool, Arsenal, Burnley, Leeds, Dortmund, Barcelona, Inter, whatever. The same!

I see it the same as having prejudice. I do not believe for a second that anybody in the world has no prejudice at all, whether conscious or subconscious. It doesn't mean they're walking around in a white hood or shouting new-nazi slogans. But perhaps they see a group of black teens wearing hoodies in the street talking and cross the street. Perhaps they see an Asian in class and assume about their academic ability. Perhaps they see a woman in a hijab on the bus and don't want to sit next to her. Perhaps they 'harmlessly' refer to their local Chinese takeaway as the chinky. Perhaps they don't mind LGBT rights but feel uncomfortable if a gay person speaks to them or kisses in front of them. The possibilities are endless. I acknowledge I have prejudices and I think the important thing is to do exactly that, rather than pretend I'm perfect and don't see colour or gender or sexuality at all in any context.

I would disagree with that last bit tbh. I would say Alli's and Vertonghen's brickhousery is a common feature of their game. Rose's too. When he gets on the pitch, you can be 400% sure that Lamela will be leaving something ridiculously sly in at some point as well. And he's such a genius at doing it too. Does that mean Alli dives and puts in horrific challenges every match? No but he does it regularly enough for it to be a part of his game imo, especially when things aren't going well for us (which thankfully is a lot less than before)!

4. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Colin Calderwood Staff Member

Apologies, I put the original point in and you are right, wrong thread.
    To make it relevant, I would suggest that Harry is far more excited about playing the CL QF than he would be about the Carabao Cup Final (up for debate I am sure)...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

5. Jordinho

Jordinho Clive Allen Staff Member

Highly reputable Spanish outlet Don Balon reports that ManU and Real have been told that it will take £171 million to sign Kane. More specifically, we rate him at €250 million, but will sell for €200 million. Florentino Perez is said to be obsessesed with signing one of Hazard, Mbappe or Neymar, but they need someone to replace Benzema as a battering ram.

https://www.donbalon.com/noticia/de...nvento-galactico-florentino-perez-real-madrid

6. Robbo

Robbo Paul Stalteri

This always makes me laugh. There's no way Levy would ever reveal his accepted selling price, effectively ruining his negotiating position. And certainly not with Kane, one of our best and most loyal players.

Thirdly, he would never, ever sell on the cheap.

7. the dza

the dza Paul Robinson

There isn't any team who could pay the transfer fee necessary for us to sell Kane.

Mosquito_Coasting likes this.
  8. Lost Mango

Lost Mango Gus Poyet

Fame for Deano - This is quoted in the i newspaper fanzone today.

Journos scraping the internet for filler (not that this is barrel scraping content obviously).

DeanoAustin likes this.
  9. Spur of the moment

Spur of the moment Edgar Davids

Out of getting on for half a million posts on this forum they had to go and pick that one. :mad:

DeanoAustin and Lost Mango like this.
  10. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Steve Hodge

Sorry...

11. afsoc4life

afsoc4life Alan Hutton

Stop talking in the media Kane. You never match your words.

galeforce likes this.
  12. Danishfurniturelover

Madrid fans would tear him to pieces far worse then they have Bale if they had to watch him every week.

in a 38 league game season, he will be injured for 10 of them, he will take another 10 to get back up to speed, he will be worth a goal in another 10 and in the other 8 he will be top class(not world class)

monkeybarry likes this.
  13. harr1984

harr1984 Paul Stalteri

Dear lord, what are you waffling on about?! He’s been out injured for two months and is one goal off being top PL scorer. And that’s before we talk about his all round game. You think Real would rather Benzena to him? Literally any club in the world would take him....

Bullet and glasgowspur like this.
  14. billyiddo

billyiddo Paul Stewart Staff Member

Anyone gunning for Kane now can get to fudge

15. Danishfurniturelover

No I would not prefer Benezama not least due to his very odd personal life.

Kane is a good player, but he is not as great as he thinks he is(worse then saying that you like sex with children on here) what I am saying is that much like Gerrad he is a player who everything has to go through him, much like gerrad takes a while to get back up to speed(touch) after injuries, much like gerrad the rest of the time drop their standards when he is around because they believe him to be the saviour, which to be fair is not his and was not Gerrads fault.

afsoc4life likes this.
  16. Danishfurniturelover

How about anyone that wants to discuss why the other players levels all seem to drop when he comes back from his annual injury and why we dont seem to have a plan B that does not involve him.

Seem to remember the great Man U sides were never afraid to take off the star striker to do something different.

Maybe Nike have told us to keep him on the pitch unless he is injured or we get a few less pennies.

afsoc4life likes this.
  17. the dza

the dza Paul Robinson

He scored 1 and got in positions to score more. Not his greatest game, but he did give us a chance to win. We have a bunch of clowns at the back though, so unless we can bang in a couple, we can't get a win (I know, Dortmund missed chances to be the exception that proves the rule).

18. billyiddo

We're playing no differently performance level wise than when he was out, we're just not scraping by.

19. Danishfurniturelover

We are, we are worse and one dimensional. You can see the players trying less because the saviour is back.

20. billyiddo

Worse than the Burnley Palace Watford Newcastle Chelsea semi final run of games? Not from what i have seen

21. Robbo

Robbo Paul Stalteri

Well taken goal, but he was wasteful today. Three great chances completely off target. He will not be happy with himself.