• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Greatest Moments from Ex-Players

Hmmm trying to think...I do remember Sly having an ongoing convo with Michael Caine about where to position himself from a corner!!
That’s on the journey to the stadium

but I do remember Colby saying here’s your corner hatch... then they try to flatten him and he starts swinging at them whilst he has the ball

Huh? I don't understand what you mean.

Big in to" as in "You appear to be fond of" but if it's not the term you're unsure about:

"And to think the real fans dislike Bale!"

is a mass generalization but

"And to think some / the majority of / real fans ( I've met / spoken to) dislike Bale!"

would be a more reasoned comment. What I mean is, by your choice of words you are putting every member of a large group in to one box. Again I should explain that it's a bit of a peeve of mine and I can be maybe too particular about these things but I think can lead towards a kind of hate speak pretty quickly.

Hope that makes more sense.

Big in to" as in "You appear to be fond of" but if it's not the term you're unsure about:

"And to think the real fans dislike Bale!"

is a mass generalization but

"And to think some / the majority of / real fans ( I've met / spoken to) dislike Bale!"

would be a more reasoned comment. What I mean is, by your choice of words you are putting every member of a large group in to one box. Again I should explain that it's a bit of a peeve of mine and I can be maybe too particular about these things but I think can lead towards a kind of hate speak pretty quickly.

Hope that makes more sense.

Ah, ok, yeah, I get it! Yeah, I agree about the sentiment in general, and don't like generalizing myself, but when it comes to Real Madrid and Arse*al fans, they can fudge off, they all suck. :p

What? Not putting out properly? Taking gimme's that are too long. Talking/breaking wind during a playing partner's backswing? Improving his lie?

I've been looking at videos from the years and one of my favourite years was the Klinsmann first time season, despite the early dire performances we had some team that year and some real superstars.

It got me thinking something that maybe I didn't at the time due to maybe thinking nothing of it as we always lost players but we could have grown that team forward and made a real push had Popescu not got homesick and obviously losing Klinsmann. Barmby was hugely impressive that season to, he was a HUGE loss.

Felt a sickner today actually looking back at the games thinking what could have been. Imagine Ginola coming into that side with Ince who we were touted for at the time. WoW

GK Erik Thorstvedt
MF Gheorghe Popescu
DF Colin Calderwood
DF Gary Mabbutt
MF Nick Barmby
FW Ilie Dumitrescu
MF Darren Anderton
GK Ian Walker
FW Jürgen Klinsmann
DF Sol Campbell
DF Stephen Carr

I've been looking at videos from the years and one of my favourite years was the Klinsmann first time season, despite the early dire performances we had some team that year and some real superstars.

It got me thinking something that maybe I didn't at the time due to maybe thinking nothing of it as we always lost players but we could have grown that team forward and made a real push had Popescu not got homesick and obviously losing Klinsmann. Barmby was hugely impressive that season to, he was a HUGE loss.

Felt a sickner today actually looking back at the games thinking what could have been. Imagine Ginola coming into that side with Ince who we were touted for at the time. WoW

GK Erik Thorstvedt
MF Gheorghe Popescu
DF Colin Calderwood
DF Gary Mabbutt
MF Nick Barmby
FW Ilie Dumitrescu
MF Darren Anderton
GK Ian Walker
FW Jürgen Klinsmann
DF Sol Campbell
DF Stephen Carr
Not sure I'd play two goalies. Other than that, not bad at all!

Back