• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Granit Xhaka

awesome dawson

Mitchell Thomas
Could be good cover for Dier - anyone watching German football?

http://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnatio...ng-into-availability-of-bundesliga-midfielder

Two days ago in our January transfer window preview, I mentioned how Tottenham Hotspur had been linked to absolutely nobody either at defensive midfielder or center back. It didn't take long for that to change thanks to Silly Season being back.

London 24 are reporting that Tottenham and Arsenal, among other unnamed clubs, are monitoring Borussia Monchengladbach midfielder Granit Xhaka as possible upgrades to their squads. There isn't too much to go by, but there are some quotes, which instantly lifts it above #BatCountry links.

For now no deal is in place, however nothing is being ruled out by the player’s agent. "At the moment I prefer not to say too much," his father and agent Ragip Xhaka told Napolicalciolive. "We’ll see what happens. I can say that several big clubs are interested. "Everything is possible, we’re not ruling anything out."

Well, it's something!

Xhaka is a solid player for an exciting squad at Gladbach. The 23-year-old Swiss born midfielder is a guy who can play just about any spot in the midfield, but seems quite at home in the defensive slot. He's also managed to score three goals in 26 appearances for Gladbach. A worrying stat, however, is his inability to avoid bookings. Xhaka has nine yellow cards and three red cards on the season, one of which was a straight red. Granted, you want some fire in your defensive guys, but there's a fine line that a player can't cross.

It's hard to peg a potential transfer fee since this is just speculation and quotes from an agent. Some digging around on prior articles has the suggestion of around €20m, but complicating any move is the fact that Xhaka signed a new deal last year that keeps him with Gladbach until 2019, so that figure might be higher. We'll see if anything comes of this, but Xhaka would be a quality signing and provide the much needed depth that Spurs could be looking for in the midfield.

Why would he rather sit on our bench than play for Gladbach.

An extra £20k a week?

Most footballers are stupid enough to believe anything you tell them anyway. Look at Bony and Remy finally realising they will never win a starting place where they are now.

Also being the English premier league, i.e. global audience and therefore shop window for a move to bigger clubs = more cash.

He'll get minutes even if Dier doesn't get injured, we're so short for cover in this position.

Xhaka

Sounds like an adult only version of an all blacks pre-match ritual dance

And oh yes Finney, "Haka can"........I get it.

Surely this signing will make our midfield more solid....give us a concrete chance of winning more....ah cant think of anything decent to say....guffed it....does any other word rhyme with Granite? maybe Planet....pfft

does any other word rhyme with Granite?

The river was deep but I swam it
Janet
The future is ours, so let's plan it
Janet
So please don't tell me to can it
Janet
I've one thing to say, and that's dammit
Janet
The road was long but I ran it
Janet
There's a fire in my heart and you fan it
Janet
If there's one fool for you then I am it
Janet
I've one thing to say, and that's dammit
Janet
And that's go see the man who began it
Janet
When we met in his science exam-it
Janet
Made me give you the eye and then panic
Janet
Now I've one thing to say, and that's dammit
Janet

I heard they are also talking to Kante. Surely they don't want both Kante and Xhaka

Back