• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Goodbye Niko

Yeah so? What's that? One game out of how many? Even then I think he was dragged off at half time.

I remember Harry saying after the game "The problem is they panic too much when they need to be more patient" yet he takes off Kranjcar and throws Defoe on at half time :rolleyes:

Yeah so? What's that? One game out of how many? Even then I think he was dragged off at half time.

I remember Harry saying after the game "The problem is they panic too much when they need to be more patient" yet he takes off Kranjcar and throws Defoe on at half time :rolleyes:

And to think one of the things people get irate about is that we make subs too late 8-[

Seriously though, it's something I have never got.

Not picking a player, or subbing a player, or having a player as a sub but only giving him 5 mins at the end of the match every single game does NOT equate to a player being unfairly treated. I know it's a fruitless debate with most people because most people are just usually either a) tinkled at the Manager and looking for a stick to beat him with (and this isn't Redknapp, this is practically every single Spurs Manager since I've been on this forum) or b) it's a player that fan rates and therefore is frustrated that they aren't being played.

It's nothing to do with being unfairly treated. Two examples:

Player scores a hatrick. Manager doesn't pick him for the next game because he still doesn't rate the player higher than his first choice forward. That is NOT being unfair to the player. It's a footballing decision.

Manager tells a player on Friday that he is definitely starting tomorrow. When the Manager announces the team sheet on the bus that player isn't in the starting XI, and that is the first he has heard of it. That's treating a player unfairly.

Do you not see how that is squad mis-management though? How do you expect "squad" players to be motivated if they know they're just going to be dropped regardless of how they play? If you take our first 11 and buy 11 great backups for that 11 then in time they'd all go the same way as Kranjcar under Harry's current management. Just compare that to how Fergie uses his squad - players come in and do well then they have a great chance at retaining their place. He's constantly rotating so that the "squad" players don't become rusty, if they have a big game and have an injury to a key player then someone else is ready to step in, not someone who has been sat watching for the previous 3 months. I'm sure Fergie doesn't move half the team around(including his best players) just because he has one player missing, no, instead he puts faith into someone else and usually that faith is repaid.

Lennon gets injured so instead of just playing Kranjcar we move our two best players to accommodate - Modric to LM, Bale to RW. What kind of backward logic is that?

Do you not see how that is squad mis-management though? How do you expect "squad" players to be motivated if they know they're just going to be dropped regardless of how they play? If you take our first 11 and buy 11 great backups for that 11 then in time they'd all go the same way as Kranjcar under Harry's current management. Just compare that to how Fergie uses his squad - players come in and do well then they have a great chance at retaining their place. He's constantly rotating so that the "squad" players don't become rusty, if they have a big game and have an injury to a key player then someone else is ready to step in, not someone who has been sat watching for the previous 3 months. I'm sure Fergie doesn't move half the team around(including his best players) just because he has one player missing, no, instead he puts faith into someone else and usually that faith is repaid.

Lennon gets injured so instead of just playing Kranjcar we move our two best players to accommodate - Modric to LM, Bale to RW. What kind of backward logic is that?

Kranjcar, by his own admission, isn't a right sided midfielder? He is a left sided midfielder.

The Fergie comment is somewhat contradictory! Because they rotate so much the player gets a chance to keep their place? Only they don't, because they are rotated out next game! Fergie actually rotates a lot less than people think. Over the last couple of seasons he has had to rotate a lot more due to injuries, but the majority of his rotation is forced rotation.

Finally, I don't agree with the extent of rotation that most do, but I do agree that if you play in the Champion's League then rotation is required at times. Using Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal or City as rotation examples against our own this year isn't valid. A better comparison would be to see the rotation policies of Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Liverpool and Everton and see how they compare with our own.

Thanks Niko! And good luck for the future.

I think he is a good player, a bit unfortunate to be behind Bale for a place in our starting line-up and not get more games. I understand the move for both clubs and for the player.

Technically gifted, great passer and mover of the ball, best goalscoring midfielder we have had in a long time.

Best of luck to him, he deserves to be first choice somewhere (if not here), re the missmanagement, I just think we should have figured out how to use him more, who knows what difference even 2 more Krunchie goals would have made last season ....

Kranjcar isn't a like for like replacement for Lennon, so we would still have had to adjust to accommodate him. Besides, how many good games did Kranjcar have on the right in his time with us? I can only think of one or two.

I wish him well for the future. A good signing when we made him but the team out grew him and the changes in our tactics left him without a role to play.

I thought he'd play best in the hole behind the striker, in front of the midfielders. He arrives late in the box to score goals, has quick feet, though not pacey - better in the final 2/3 of the pitch and in the centre.

Thanks for the contribution, wish you all the best in the rest of your career krunchie.

Technically gifted, great passer and mover of the ball, best goalscoring midfielder we have had in a long time.

Best of luck to him, he deserves to be first choice somewhere (if not here), re the missmanagement, I just think we should have figured out how to use him more, who knows what difference even 2 more Krunchie goals would have made last season ....

Surely that would be VdV?

you wait for one Croatian to leave, and then three leave all at once :-k

Quality compilation, although I can't see why they needed to show that jammy goal (where it slips through the keeper's arms) so many times. SexxxNiko just has such amazing technique, from his first touch to his shooting -- unlike others who you know will blast every volley high and wide.

Along with Corluka, one of my favourite Spurs players of the last few years. Remember that goal where those two played a couple of triangles with Modders on the edge of the opposition's box? I almost came.

Shame my favourite pirate didn't have the pace or match fitness to keep his place in our side, especially this season. Some players can maintain their sharpness without playing, then come in and do the business. Sadly, Niko isn't one of them. I think Harry should have given him a run after those late goals in the Bolton and Sunderland (?) games, but on balance, he's just not quite good enough to make the first XI.

Good luck, Niko. I hope you have a great Euro 2012 with Croatia.

=D>

Kranjcar isn't a like for like replacement for Lennon, so we would still have had to adjust to accommodate him. Besides, how many good games did Kranjcar have on the right in his time with us? I can only think of one or two.

I wish him well for the future. A good signing when we made him but the team out grew him and the changes in our tactics left him without a role to play.

I never said he's like-for-like, but you don't think that simply replacing Lennon with Kranjcar has less impact on the rest of the side than moving Modric to LM and Bale to RW? I don't know how you can say the team out grew him either, sure you're right with the 2nd point about the style of play but we're not a better team than we were two years ago when he featured in a large portion of our games.

Back