• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Starting to get to the tipping point with players in their prime signing up to the LIV thing - DJ, Dechambeau, Reed etc. Not just people who are passed their best like Westwood, Fat Phil, GMac etc

Only takes a handful more and its established and won't be going away. Plus easier for players to now move given the safety in numbers

Would be interested to understand how much the PGA and European tours put back into grass roots golf as presumably that will be under threat if LIV becomes established and the traditional tours weaken. Sponsor money etc will be more spread and there will be less money in the main tours

I covered the Canadian Open. Absolutely Fcukin' Electric atmosphere at Toronto's classic beauty, St. George's, on Sunday. The joint was absolutely rockin' from the first tee off. This was the first Canadian Open in three years (Covid, eh?) and fans were super hyped.

Fcuk the Liv Tour, the MLS of pro golf. This was what top pro golf was all about.

If I was a fan and Phat Filled Mickelson was in front of me, he'd get dog's abuse from me until I was happily evicted from the course. That shallow, facetious traitor Dustin Johnson would be equally abused. Absolute cnut to proclaim his loyalty to the PGA and his long-time sponsor, RBC (Royal Bank of Canada), who were making him the face of the event they were title sponsor for. Then he tinkles off at the 11th hour to suck Saudi q'ock. What a compleat coward.

It rained early Sunday morning so they delayed tee times for the final round, shifted the normal pairings into threesomes and had the final round tee off on both the first and tenth tees. That gave us a final threesome of McIlroy, Finau and Thomas. And we just knew we were in for fireworks with the greens softened and ready to hold aggressive approach shots. There would be no disappointments throughout the field.

All three in the final group were wildly popular with the jam-packed crowds on Saturday. Finau brought the house down on Saturday afternoon with a crafty run to the top, capped with a fine birdie at 18. Thomas is the epitome of the quiet, classy grinder. Rory just thrives on getting his fans emotional.

McIlroy rolls in a 26-footer for birdie on the first hole. Finau birdies the second. Thomas birdies the third. Justin Rose holes his approach at one for the first of three eagles on the day. This, my friends, is what the final round of a proper golf tournament looks like. The place was going apeschit.

After a mandatory diversion to cover the red-hot Rose - caught up with him chasing 59 at the super rowdy par three 16th, where he bunkered his tee shot and bogeyed - it was a long, very brisk hike - lugging 20 lbs. of camera gear - out to 13 to catch the leading trio and followed them home to 18. What a run in. What a finale with Rory posting birdies on the final two holes to win by two. Clutch City.

One of the best sports events I've ever covered. Can't wait for next year.

Last edited:
Very jealous pal !!!

I don't like Bryson but his honesty about LIV is refreshing rather than the others making up a load of rubbish excuses as to why they signed on
He basically said the money has sorted him and his entire family out for life, also it frees up a lot of time for him to do other stuff in his life

London Club for me tomorrow
Will take some pictures and post up, it's a corker of a course and always in amazing nick

Very jealous pal !!!

I don't like Bryson but his honesty about LIV is refreshing rather than the others making up a load of rubbish excuses as to why they signed on
He basically said the money has sorted him and his entire family out for life, also it frees up a lot of time for him to do other stuff in his life

I liked the line from PGA Commissioner Jay Monahan: "Have you ever had to apologize for being a member of the PGA tour?" As well as calling LIV "a series of exhibitions".

There were some fun, frank chats with PGA staff or media techs behind the scenes in Toronto. They're angry at seeing well-known players leave but happy to have Mickleson gone. Total knob when the camera is not on him. DeChambeau is another who has tested their patience and won't be greatly missed. They were surprised to see Patrick Reed bail out considering he's only 31 and a recent Masters champ.

The mood is not one of forgiveness. These players are already wealthy men from their PGA careers and to crap on the tour that made them so is creating a line that cannot be crossed back over. And it's not like the Saudis are ever going to sponsor a women's tour?

Very jealous pal !!!

He'd probably earnt enough before that to be set up for life but I do get it, only got to play 14 weeks a year for 3 rounds plus the majors if allowed. More time to spend the money.

Reports indicate that Brooks Koepka, Xander Schauffele, Collin Morikawa, and Viktor Hovland are now being rumored to be considering offers to join LIV Golf after the conclusion of the U.S. Open

Went for an Iron and wedge fitting today.

https://epgolfstudios.co.uk/

Went to the above. Hit a few irons today.
Cobra Forged Tec
Callaway apex
Mizuno 225
P790s

Settled on the p790s with project x shafts. 4i to PW and AW Ordered from Taylor made and having lofts weakened by 2 degrees as 7 was 30.5 and I was carrying it 190 that’s to far for that club.
Also got two MG3 wedges at 54 and 58 preferred them to the vokeys they felt softer to me.

I must say the Mizunos were beautiful and felt amazing but numbers were very similar and not at 300 notes more for set.

Can’t wait for them to show up they said 3-4 weeks hopefully have them for the back end of summer.

To have a full fitting experience and using a quad was amazing to see your numbers in detail and the guy that run it was a top fella. Highly recommend it.

It's awesome isn't it !!
I love my 790's now, starting to really hit them well and far too
Interesting take on the wedges, for me there is nothing to touch the Vokey's, so will take a look on what ones you've gone for

It's awesome isn't it !!
I love my 790's now, starting to really hit them well and far too
Interesting take on the wedges, for me there is nothing to touch the Vokey's, so will take a look on what ones you've gone for
Nice . They were lovely to hit.

I know Vockeys are the standard but just found the MG3s softer.

Will do woods next thought I’d start at irons as I needed them an .75 of an inch longer. My last set was standard length.

Looking forward to tonight’s golfage

I played 18 earlier and was hitting it very nicely. I think I might enter the open, golf is easy peasy.

For a laugh I teed up at the 17th and pretended I was Matthew Fitzpatrick playing against the field, I just needed two pars to win the US Open… obviously I smooshtwerped my drive into the trees, then proceeded to play like Toger ha ha Tiger

Back