• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Wow, they've made a lot of ugly, nasty design choices. The decoration is so obnoxious and tasteless. Having plates with fudge written on them, for his 5 year old to eat off?
I like golf, I watch golf, but I'm thinking "who is Pat Perez and why is he so rich when I've not heard of him" and then after 10 minutes he himself said he is just some fat nobody... so how did he get so rich?
Wikipedia tells me he won in 2009, 2016, 2017 and his performances in Majors are pretty terrible.

Apparently he's made almost $28m from golf! https://salarysport.com/golf/player/pat-perez/

For comparison https://www.businessinsider.com/tig...T#2-phil-mickelson-946-million-846-million-29

Wow, they've made a lot of ugly, nasty design choices. The decoration is so obnoxious and tasteless. Having plates with fudge written on them, for his 5 year old to eat off?
I like golf, I watch golf, but I'm thinking "who is Pat Perez and why is he so rich when I've not heard of him" and then after 10 minutes he himself said he is just some fat nobody... so how did he get so rich?
Wikipedia tells me he won in 2009, 2016, 2017 and his performances in Majors are pretty terrible.

Apparently he's made almost $28m from golf! https://salarysport.com/golf/player/pat-perez/

For comparison https://www.businessinsider.com/tig...T#2-phil-mickelson-946-million-846-million-29

I used to love golf, money has ruined it.
£500 for a driver, £150--200 per iron, and ridiculous course fees.
A great game ruined by core greed.

I used to love golf, money has ruined it.
£500 for a driver, £150--200 per iron, and ridiculous course fees.
A great game ruined by core greed.
Indeed. I take the view that a good player can use any old clubs.
I had a go with the clubs of my 9 year old son and could smack it very nicely thank you.
So when people bitch and moan and say they need the latest gear, I tend to think they just aren't very competent.
Give a pro golfer some tatty old clubs and he will still stripe it.
My local course is £20 per round with a max of £60 per month i.e. it is free after 3 rounds. It is a tatty course, but the ball is in the sky 99% of the time, so that is fine for me.

That looks mental .

The new Callaway Rouge St look stunning as well.
Interestingly though
Rick Shiels who does very good unbiased reviews says it goes no further or is no more forgiving than the Sim 2 driver from 2021

A2C3C039-4C43-458D-A736-A3F62A65678D.jpeg
Interestingly though
Rick Shiels who does very good unbiased reviews says it goes no further or is no more forgiving than the Sim 2 driver from 2021

Do any of the new drivers go much further tho. I still use a Cobra S2. I have tried few new drivers in last couple years and it’s a matter of a few yards. Do need a new one as think the face is now knackered. The new Callaway ones just look lovely in them colours.

Do any of the new drivers go much further tho. I still use a Cobra S2. I have tried few new drivers in last couple years and it’s a matter of a few yards. Do need a new one as think the face is now knackered. The new Callaway ones just look lovely in them colours.

They are limited to how far a club can go by rules of the R&A and the USGA.
Unfortunately their greed is not limited.

View attachment 13441
There is 100% a different in distance and forgiveness between now and say 10 years ago
I know that 1st hand going from my M1 to the Ping I have now, I notice it far more in the fairway woods and the hybrids too

There is 100% a different in distance and forgiveness between now and say 10 years ago
I know that 1st hand going from my M1 to the Ping I have now, I notice it far more in the fairway woods and the hybrids too
I been promising myself a full new set . Always end up spending the money on other things. This year I’m going to build it gradually.

Not so worried about distance but a bit more forgiveness would always be nice

I been promising myself a full new set . Always end up spending the money on other things. This year I’m going to build it gradually.

Not so worried about distance but a bit more forgiveness would always be nice
100% get a proper fitting too

have you not just had a load of lessons marky?
probably more likely its improved technique. i recall after rebuilding my swing with the club pro after an op, at the end of it a got myself a much longed for set of mizuno irons. went from titleist (loved them) to taylor made, which were a struggle, to callaway, big mistake, weren't for me.
after a few weeks the pro asked how i was getting on with the irons, when i said they were great with a huge grin on my face, was hitting it 2 clubs longer he burst out laughing.
its not the clubs, its the months of hard work on the practice range paying off.
18 months later the swing had started to slip, irons never done me much good then.

have you not just had a load of lessons marky?
probably more likely its improved technique. i recall after rebuilding my swing with the club pro after an op, at the end of it a got myself a much longed for set of mizuno irons. went from titleist (loved them) to taylor made, which were a struggle, to callaway, big mistake, weren't for me.
after a few weeks the pro asked how i was getting on with the irons, when i said they were great with a huge grin on my face, was hitting it 2 clubs longer he burst out laughing.
its not the clubs, its the months of hard work on the practice range paying off.
18 months later the swing had started to slip, irons never done me much good then.
Potentially I agree, my swing and compression is better now than say 6 months ago for sure
I don't think its my better swing alone making me hit my 7 iron 175 yards now which is my regular distance on the Quad Pro
I used to hit my AP2's maybe 150-160 at the very best and I did a few lessons with my old clubs too

Funny how you say you struggle with Callaway

When being fitted for both irons and drivers I could not get on with any of their models they were just not for me, the performance was way down compared to what I'm currently using

Weird how just some brands you can't get on with

Potentially I agree, my swing and compression is better now than say 6 months ago for sure
I don't think its my better swing alone making me hit my 7 iron 175 yards now which is my regular distance on the Quad Pro
I used to hit my AP2's maybe 150-160 at the very best and I did a few lessons with my old clubs too

i went from short but accurate, hitting a 5 iron 150 yrds to hitting a 6 iron 170 after lessons.
at the fitting for my mizunos the pro was reading off the numbers from the swing monitor and i said to him that i didn't believe him, he didn't need to sell them to me because i loved the feel, distance wasn't a priority for me. couldn't believe it when i got them on the course.
if you have good equipment of a reasonable age, imho you would be better spending couple 00 quid on lessons at the start of every season than 500 on a new driver.

Funny how you say you struggle with Callaway

When being fitted for both irons and drivers I could not get on with any of their models they were just not for me, the performance was way down compared to what I'm currently using

Weird how just some brands you can't get on with

i like feel clubs, titleist or mizuno, the callaways felt like welly boots.
don't like ping, callaway or taylor made irons, yet do like their drivers.
been saying for about 5 years i should change my tm r9 driver, but when i see the prices it gets scary.
health and covid have meant i think i've played less than 12 rounds in 2 years, played that in a month in days gone by.

Back