• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Golf was good
Horrendously wet on Sunday but the course held up well, was hard to get any anything going as I don't like heavy rain play
Today was different though, nice and actually sunny, hit the ball so well and putted like a dream had 4 birdies in the first 10 holes

I thought Golf would be ok, doesnt seem like it now
Why can’t I get my exercise on the course outside on my own, ridiculous

I thought Golf would be ok, doesnt seem like it now
Why can’t I get my exercise on the course outside on my own, ridiculous
Amen brother. My local club are trying to petition the gov't not to be so stupid.
This morning I played 18 holes and barely saw another human. I got let through on one hole, so I walked within 30 feet of 2 people. Woooo!

I've been trying some new swing / set-up ideas and have been absolutely crushing it, culminating in an inspired performance today, best I've played for decades.
Birdied the first, huge run of pars, ended up 3 over for the round BUT that includes 5 occasions when I hit a poor shot and took it again!
In mitigation the course was soaked, lots of standing water and "puddle lakes".

So in other words no

Tory MP for Bracknell James Sunderland says lockdown is a "necessary evil", but says that many of his constituents in Bracknell have contacted him to express concern about the effective closure of gyms, tennis clubs and golf clubs.

He asks: "Given the proven benefits of exercise and the lack of any clear evidence that these activities have contributed to an increase in the R rate, might the PM be willing to reconsider the current guidance within the next four weeks?"

The prime minister apologises for not being able to give a list of exemptions because "once you unpick at one thing alas the effectiveness of the whole package is compromised".

Which Spring ??

PM: I believe we can defeat the virus by spring

Mr Johnson ended his opening statement with a message of hope as he asked the country to pull together.

He said the government was planning a "steady but massive expansion in the deployment of quick, turnaround tests" - and the Army had been brought in to help roll it out.

"We have dexamethasone - the first validated life-saving treatment for the disease.

"We have the real prospect of a vaccine in the first quarter of next year. And we have ever more sophisticated means of providing virtually-instant tests."

He adds: "I believe that these technical developments taken together will enable us to defeat the virus by the spring as humanity has defeated every other infectious disease and I am not alone is this optimism.

"But I cannot pretend that the way ahead is easy or without painful choices for us all.

"So for the next four weeks I must ask again the people of this country to come together, protect the NHS and save many thousands of lives."

Which Spring ??

PM: I believe we can defeat the virus by spring

Mr Johnson ended his opening statement with a message of hope as he asked the country to pull together.

He said the government was planning a "steady but massive expansion in the deployment of quick, turnaround tests" - and the Army had been bought in to help roll it out.

"We have dexamethasone - the first validated life-saving treatment for the disease.

"We have the real prospect of a vaccine in the first quarter of next year. And we have ever more sophisticated means of providing virtually-instant tests."

He adds: "I believe that these technical developments taken together will enable us to defeat the virus by the spring as humanity has defeated every other infectious disease and I am not alone is this optimism.

"But I cannot pretend that the way ahead is easy or without painful choices for us all.

"So for the next four weeks I must ask again the people of this country to come together, protect the NHS and save many thousands of lives."

The spring that follows the Christmas that we were meant to defeat it by, obviously.

Its super wet its November
The players are having loads of mud on their balln the fairway but they are not allowed to pick wipe and place on the fairway, ridiculous

Back