• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Golf Thread

Playing on friday. 5.30 was the only time available for the whole weekend.
Not looking forward to it tbh, nobody has swung a club in 10 weeks, roughs knee height, 7 min tee off intervals, it's going to be hell, would rather have waited a week and got idiots that a rushing out get bored with it, b ut my brother is champing at the bit.
Club asked those furloughed and not working and can play during the week to be considerate so us who are still working and can't play during the week get a game, see that worked.

The European Tour season is set to resume in July with a six-week 'UK Swing' tournament and run to December.

The British Masters in Saudi Sportswashing Machine from 22-25 July is the first of six events, two of which will be at Celtic Manor.

Later in the year, the Scottish Open is set to run from 8-11 October with the Tour's flagship PGA Championship event the following week at Wentworth, while other tournaments are to be revealed.

The DP World Tour Championship ends the season in Dubai from 10-13 December.

The European Tour was suspended on 8 March because of the coronavirus pandemic. In a statement, the Tour said the return of tournaments was subject to "stringent safety and testing protocols".

UK Swing events
  • 22-25 July: Betfred British Masters, Close House Golf Club, Saudi Sportswashing Machine
  • 30 July - 2 August: English Open, Marriott Forest of Arden, Birmingham
  • 6-9 August: English Championship, Marriott Hanbury Manor, Hertfordshire
  • 13-16 August: Celtic Classic, The Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
  • 20-23 August: Wales Open, The Celtic Manor Resort, Newport
  • 27-30 August: UK Championship, The Belfry, Sutton Coldfield
Rolex Series
  • 8-11 October: Aberdeen Standard Investments Scottish Open, The Renaissance Club, North Berwick
  • 15-18 October: BMW PGA Championship, Wentworth Club, Virginia Water
  • 3-6 December: Nedbank Golf Challenge, Gary Player CC, Sun City, South Africa
  • 10-13 December: DP World Tour Championship, Jumeirah Golf Estates, Dubai, UAE

Glorious weather last night for my first 18 holes of the year.
Golf was patchy, as to be expected, 7 pars and a birdie, but we will gloss over the three lost balls and a few triples.
Rough was brutal, bunkers like concrete and greens very slow, but we're back.

I've got 9 holes booked in at 7.28am in the morning, will be glorius at that time and back home in time for breakfast

Really getting on well with my golf currently

I've had 3 lessons in the past 2 weeks and my fundamentals are sound again
A slight grip change was needed on this as my right hand was far too weak

I've been playing every Wednesday and try to hit balls at least 3 times a week, lockdown has helped massively with this

My local club has really good practise facilities with a newly matted range and a nice grass outdoor area to hit from too

It's £8 for 80 balls or you can do what I've done and become a Range Member which is £25 a month for unlimited balls

Shot 81 today, +11
Best round for years
Hit so many fairways off the tee too
Well happy with that

Got to be happy with that , In your post above about lessons , always beneficial to get swing looked at every now and then as bad habits creep in.

Yep 400%
I also now know when I hit my bad shots why
I've either had too much weight on my toes instead of heels or I've swayed on the back swing

I found that to , more lessons you have more you practice and improve the more you understand your bad shots. Everyone hits good and bad shoots but it’s the knowing exactly why you’ve done it.

I found that to , more lessons you have more you practice and improve the more you understand your bad shots. Everyone hits good and bad shoots but it’s the knowing exactly why you’ve done it.
Yeh it's good now as I know why certain shots are happening
My short game has always been really good and my long game not so but I need to make sure I keep practising my short game too as I don't want that going off as I'm hitting so many balls on the range

Yeh it's good now as I know why certain shots are happening
My short game has always been really good and my long game not so but I need to make sure I keep practising my short game too as I don't want that going off as I'm hitting so many balls on the range

I always try hit some chips and pitches at range. Even if it’s just 10 -15. You’re right need to keep it up. Sadly my driver creates all my drama .

Back