1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Golf Thread

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by markysimmo, 29 Jan 2012.

1. Rock Strongo

Rock Strongo dodgy Dave Goosegog

Glad to have opened up your eyes to Moe, he's my favorite person in golf. His fireside interview with Jack Kuykendall is very inspiring and something I can watch over and over again, you should check it out!

Sent fra min HTC One via Fapatalk

2. jts1882

jts1882 Vedran Corluka

Fat Phil's comments:

:ross:

What a load of gibberish about investing. Basically he didn't get the input he felt he was entitled and didn't like it. I find it hard to believe he was dropped for both matches on Saturday for golfing reasons so it makes me think he was undermining Watson and the team. He then played well on Sunday because he felt he had something to prove. It was about him rather than the team.

I hope he gets a chance to be a Ryder Cup captain because with that attitude he will be really bad.

P.S. Whales live in pods so I can see why Michelson feels affinity for pods.

3. shaney

shaney Alan Hutton

The yanks were never realy in it at all, it was a breeze for Europe. They played fantastic and you could see the togetherness and unity they have.

Phil's comments just reek of sour grapes. He is well known for his ego. The truth is that Europe have better players.

4. a spur from swansea

a spur from swansea Naybet

If we win the next couple Ryder Cups it be Europe against the Rest of the World before long ,lol.......

If we got the players, can't see why they can't use the same formula each time,in chosing the team and the preperations,if it ain't broke no need to fix it as they say...

5. jts1882

jts1882 Vedran Corluka

The criticism of Watson is rather pathetic because the result was so one-sided. No tactics were going to make up five points. Better play might. If they had lost be a single point, then some criticism might have merit.

6. Dicko

Dicko Jonathan Woodgate

Is there any stats to show how close it was, or not so close. I mean total scorecard counts or something. Because until towards the end of the second day it was still pretty close. Did Europe just edge each match or when you take a step back were they actually much better than the US.

7. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

8/10 to Europe, getting boring now, should make it USA & Australia hahah

8. Rock Strongo

Threw my 3 wood nearly 50 yards today.

9. Flannerz

Flannerz Willem Korsten

Probably further than you hit it! :D

10. Rock Strongo

T'was a tight call. It was my 3rd hopeless tee shot in a row and I just blacked out for a sec.

Pretty annoying when you're hitting irons very well, but can't get the damn thing off tee. Feel like kicking my woods out from the bag and just tee off with a 4 iron.
    Watching the links on tv now, both Rory and Schwartzel with 300+ yards off tee with an iron...different game the links methinks. I'm on no roll at my course .

11. Flannerz

Flannerz Willem Korsten

Why is it when you tee off with an iron to play safe you always scuff it?!

12. markysimmo

So much of golf is in your head, you possibly stood on the tee and said im going to feck this up and 99/100 times you do...

Positive thoughts

13. Eriktheviking

Eriktheviking Scott Parker

All golfers should read Bob Rottelas books. 'Golf is not a game of perfect' and 'putting out of your mind'. He has others but those are the best.

14. Rock Strongo

That's why I choose to ditch my driver and 3w in tomorrow's tournie: playing an iron off tee isn't playing it safe when it's the only option you have.

Think I mentioned this earlier, but I played 9 holes 3 over par with just a 6,8i and PW plus putter a few weeks ago. Forced to play smart and easy.

As for tomorrow, my starting hole is a 525m par 5 dogleg left with OOB down the right off tee and trees to the left. The safe play is a 180-200m layup, the awesome play is a 230m carry over the trees.

But, knowing myself, there will be at least a 3w in the bag tomorrow

15. Rock Strongo

Is it basically don't judge your shots, just observe and move on?
    I've read the inner game of golf, and I believe that was the jist of it.

Also read Hogan's 5 lessons a while back, which completely ruined my swing. I spent the entire winter honing my Hogan swing indoors, really thinking I had something good going on. Come spring, shanked two balls off the first tee and walked off after 9 holes, having lost 10 balls and scored 2 stableford points.

16. markysimmo

I dont know why amateurs get the hump when they hit a bad shot, no point, plenty of others in the round to hit well, just enjoy the fact you're out playing a great game in the fresh air

17. markysimmo

Rory playing well at St Andrews, 5 birdies in a row with a chance for a 6th...

18. markysimmo

Good to see Harrington doing well, won me a lot of money in his prime, another golfer who tinkered with his game too much when he didnt need to and fell off the face of the golfing earth

19. markysimmo

20. Rock Strongo

Hah, 83 strokes today in windy conditions. Four strokes better than my hcp and 2nd place with 133 players in the field. Happy days :)