1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Gareth Bale

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by GGyid, 18 Jan 2012.

1. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Vivian Woodward

Understand what about him?
    His lack of game time here is the same as his last club
    It’s not about the club or manager ... it’s about bale

Finney Is Back and harr1984 like this.
  2. elltrev

elltrev Didier Zokora

Maybe, maybe not. Seems an overly simplistic take on things to me. But none of us get to see anything that goes on behind the scenes, so extremely hard to say. So don’t understand why people are always so certain in their opinions on here. Maybe it’s just a writing style thing.

Spur of the moment likes this.
  3. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

He at least looked engaged when he came on against City
    Maybe, just maybe he might start coming out and playing as we know he can starting tonight

Dicko likes this.
  4. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Vivian Woodward

I guess having so long with two managers not starting him says a lot to me

my issue is that some players get treated with A different standard to others

Last edited: 18 Feb 2021
    MKSpur likes this.
  5. harr1984

harr1984 Nick Barmby

So it’s just coincidence that Zidane was happy not to use him, Real were happy to get rid of him paying at least half of his wages still, Mourinho hasn’t fancied playing him in any games of importance, he hasn’t showed any desire to work off the ball when on the pitch, hasn’t exactly done much on the ball etc etc And I say this as someone who was dead excited to have him back, probably my favourite Spurs player to date. But it is on him, and I don’t buy the ‘he needs to feel appreciated’ theory either. Someone who reaches a level of being one of the best players in the world has to be extremely tough mentally and thick skinned, his desire just doesn’t seem to be what it was.....

MKSpur likes this.
  6. elltrev

elltrev Didier Zokora

I could apply your exact same logic against you though - someone who reaches a level of being one of the best players in the world has to be extremely driven and full of desire. So for me the question is: why has he lost that drive or desire?

(Personally I'm not trying to defend Bale, just interested in why he might have lost his drive / desire, and wondering whether Mourinho could have tried a different approach to managing him in order to get the best out of him).

7. harr1984

harr1984 Nick Barmby

I don’t think there’s any particular reason why he has lost his desire, it’s pretty natural at his stage. It’s why what Ronaldo and Messi have done is ridiculous, they didn’t just reach the top they stayed there year after year after year. Bale peaked and his injuries have caught up with him and I don’t particularly blame him for not pushing himself further. Let’s just hope he can at least get to a level good enough that he is a threat in PL games for the rest of this season....

8. 90291Spur

90291Spur Paul Robinson

Also, I'll bet Ronnie and Messi are rubbish at golf. Too busy 'playing' football to put any time in.

P.D., MKSpur and harr1984 like this.
  9. parklane1

parklane1 Tommy Harmer

It does seem that way i agree.

10. Spurs7891

Spurs7891 Dean Austin

The dribbling run and shot against Emirates Marketing Project reminded us of the old Bale. Too bad the shot was saved as it would have really lifted everyone if Bale had scored that. It shows Bale still have the skills but lacks the desire to show it often nowadays. He just seems too relaxed all the time now, unlike the old Bale.

11. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

Think the defender is still at the shop

mjc23, Robbo, 90291Spur and 2 others like this.
  12. P.D.

P.D. Justin Edinburgh

That was a lovely goal, pointed into the space, turned a defender and smashed it in. Much more like the old Bale.

Lets hope he can replicate his last goal against the spammers.

metalgear likes this.
  13. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

14. 90291Spur

90291Spur Paul Robinson

Where's the 'love' button?

Not THAT one, you dirty minded fools.

MKSpur and Raziel like this.
  15. Pirate55

Pirate55 The Last Man Standing 17/18

I would like Bale to start against Spammers. We are going to have to play Dougherty and he seems to have struck up a good relationship with him.

I would also like to see Dele start and Moura come on at half time or sixty minutes to really run at them.

It is clear Toby and Dier are Mourinho's first choice CBs and to allow Dougherty to get forward, in the absence of Reggi, I would play Davies and revert to the wonky with perhaps Sissoko covering Dougherty as he did for Aurier. If Mourinho is feeling bold (unlikely I suspect) then I would have Dele for Sissoko in a more advanced role. So my starting lineup would be:

........................Lloris............................

Dougherty ....Toby...Dier.....Davies

........Sissoko/Dele.....PEH.....NDombele

....Bale..........Kane.....Son

Its the 21st so a 2-1 win would do nicely.

16. MKSpur

MKSpur Steve Carr

I did think that despite getting some negative feedback D’oh erty did contribute by releasing Bale at the right time ahead of his two goal contributions. The challenge we sometimes have with the likes of Bale, Dele and Son is that they aren’t going to go looking for the ball but when they find space it needs someone releasing the ball at the right time. If we have all 3 playing, Kane dropping deep and ndombele and PEH releasing the ball we could play some really good stuff. Just a little risk with the off the ball work I guess.

Last edited: 20 Feb 2021
    K.D.D.D.D.Soc and Baleforce like this.
  17. LemonadeMoney

LemonadeMoney Chris Perry

brick OMT

18. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

Was superb today, must play all the time now

Dicko likes this.
  19. Raziel

Raziel Johnny Morrison

Looked the part today, wanted it, arguing with officials, left foot, right foot, was fudging everywhere ..

DubSpur and AdamB like this.
  20. DubSpur

DubSpur Steven Caulker

Even if he can only last 60 mins play him for the 60 mins and then take him off.
    If he shows that hunger for the rest of the season a front 3 of Son Kane Bale has to start every week.

DeanoAustin likes this.