1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Gareth Bale

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by GGyid, 18 Jan 2012.

1. MKSpur

MKSpur Terry Venables

Well of course it’s a ridiculous amount of money, but it’s only a third of the wage Madrid are committed to paying him. My point is how the story thinks this amount of money is going to scupper to transfers for then two hottest properties in Europe doesn’t really make sense.

braineclipse and Baleforce like this.
  2. parklane1

parklane1 David Ginola

Well he has been a real let down so far, its starting to look like we all got caught up in the hype.

SteveAWOL, StephenH and DeanoAustin like this.
  3. DeanoAustin

DeanoAustin Simon Davies

I know I did for sure. If he was even 70% of the player that left, I thought it was fantastic business. Sadly, he’s come back looking like he doesn’t want to work hard or tackle in case he risks injury. He’s bricking on his legacy a bit here. Shame.

harr1984 likes this.
  4. parklane1

parklane1 David Ginola

I am not saying this in hindsight and i have posts on here to prove it, but when the talk about Bale coming back ( started a year or so back by fans) i was always against it because of his injurys and loss of pace. Sadly when we did sign him i like many others threw caution to the wind and fell for the hype of the move, i still hope he turns it round but at the moment it does not look like that will happen.

P.D., Legohamster and braineclipse like this.
  5. StephenH

StephenH Paul Stewart

Watford bound next season;)

6. harr1984

harr1984 Nick Barmby

I knew he had lost pace, but I still thought he would add a lot because of his stellar technique - much in the same way Messi doesn’t do those devestating slalom dribbles anymore but still hurts teams with that magical left foot.

Oh well, I’m not giving up on Mourinho yet so definitely won’t on my favourite player I’ve seen in a Spurs shirt:D....

DeanoAustin likes this.
  7. braineclipse

braineclipse Barry Daines

I don't think throwing caution to the wind to be excited about Bale returning is something to be sad about or regret in any way personally.

He's been underwhelming so far, but I still think there might be more to come from him. There's a chance at least, isn't there?

8. braineclipse

He can still be a threat, but we need to get him the ball in the right areas with a bit of space around him.

Used to be he could create that space from nowhere himself, I don't think that's the case anymore. But if we can get him the ball in and around the box I think he still has the quality to deliver.

Right now we're not really providing that service to any of our attackers and they're all struggling as a result. If we play better we could give Bale better conditions, he could be really useful.

harr1984 likes this.
  9. milo

milo Jürgen Klinsmann Staff Member

I wonder if it is worth giving him some minutes at #10. Maybe bring him on for Ndombele if Lo Celso isn't available

Dicko and harr1984 like this.
  10. braineclipse

I think that could be quite good. As long as Alli is out of favour at least.

Dicko and milo like this.
  11. Dicko

Dicko Teemu Tainio

At some point he will have to say fudge it and just go for it. He eased himself back in with those Europe games and then had an 'illness' and possibly something with his calf that he wanted to be careful with and came off at half time in that last appearance, however we are now entering January and time is ticking, at some point soon when he gets another start he has to say 'ok, I'm gonna let loose and see if the body can handle it'. No more trotting around off the ball and jogging to close down.
    I'm still in the camp that he will find some form and be an important part to the rest of the season but its starting to get a little concerning I admit.

Robbo, Aldo, SteveAWOL and 4 others like this.
  12. StephenH

StephenH Paul Stewart

what about Boris? ;)

Why when we have Harry?
    Bale was a strange deal and made little footballing sense as he is physically not good enough for the EPL and everybody must have known this. He looks a shadow of the player of even 2 years ago.

13. milo

I'm talking about bringing him on for Ndombele.

14. StephenH

StephenH Paul Stewart

Sorry.
    Dele just maybe but Bale IMHO is physically too far gone. Dele really would-be a no no after more thought.
    We need hunk of burning love or a Modric, Ndombele is our man

15. milo

Dele appears to be on the way out, Lo Celso is obviously first choice for that but when he isn't available, I think that it is something worth looking at. It might not work but it does get Bale into shooting positions and he wouldn't need to get back and cover his FB.

SteveAWOL and StephenH like this.
  16. StephenH

StephenH Paul Stewart

yes to take potshots, I like.
    I don't get not keeping Harry and Son in there old roles as our goal scorers and not as auxiliary central midfielders?

17. Legohamster

Legohamster Pedro Mendes

Injured for a “few weeks” according to Dan Kilpatrick

looking like a Waste of money, I’m not sure Levy wanted to sign him to play a handful of games.

nayenezgani likes this.
  18. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Jimmy Neighbour

19. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Jimmy Neighbour

I don’t think he is worth minutes anywhere at the moment really. We have better options in the squad.

parklane1 and milo like this.
  20. nayenezgani

nayenezgani Jimmy Neighbour

I remember the excitement and waves of nostalgia when he signed, best I've felt about Spurs in a long while.

Everyone was talking about the fearful prospect of Son, Kane and Bale leading the line. But I'm not sure we've seen that combination even once?

More and more it's feeling like a big mistake to bring him back, especially when you consider what we're paying for the pleasure.

Might be best for all if we terminate the loan next month.

DeanoAustin likes this.