• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gareth Bale

Well he has been a real let down so far, its starting to look like we all got caught up in the hype.

I know I did for sure. If he was even 70% of the player that left, I thought it was fantastic business. Sadly, he’s come back looking like he doesn’t want to work hard or tackle in case he risks injury. He’s bricking on his legacy a bit here. Shame.

I am not saying this in hindsight and i have posts on here to prove it, but when the talk about Bale coming back ( started a year or so back by fans) i was always against it because of his injurys and loss of pace. Sadly when we did sign him i like many others threw caution to the wind and fell for the hype of the move, i still hope he turns it round but at the moment it does not look like that will happen.

I know I did for sure. If he was even 70% of the player that left, I thought it was fantastic business. Sadly, he’s come back looking like he doesn’t want to work hard or tackle in case he risks injury. He’s bricking on his legacy a bit here. Shame.

Watford bound next season;)

I knew he had lost pace, but I still thought he would add a lot because of his stellar technique - much in the same way Messi doesn’t do those devestating slalom dribbles anymore but still hurts teams with that magical left foot.

Oh well, I’m not giving up on Mourinho yet so definitely won’t on my favourite player I’ve seen in a Spurs shirt:D....

I am not saying this in hindsight and i have posts on here to prove it, but when the talk about Bale coming back ( started a year or so back by fans) i was always against it because of his injurys and loss of pace. Sadly when we did sign him i like many others threw caution to the wind and fell for the hype of the move, i still hope he turns it round but at the moment it does not look like that will happen.
I don't think throwing caution to the wind to be excited about Bale returning is something to be sad about or regret in any way personally.

He's been underwhelming so far, but I still think there might be more to come from him. There's a chance at least, isn't there?

I knew he had lost pace, but I still thought he would add a lot because of his stellar technique - much in the same way Messi doesn’t do those devestating slalom dribbles anymore but still hurts teams with that magical left foot.

Oh well, I’m not giving up on Mourinho yet so definitely won’t on my favourite player I’ve seen in a Spurs shirt:D....
He can still be a threat, but we need to get him the ball in the right areas with a bit of space around him.

Used to be he could create that space from nowhere himself, I don't think that's the case anymore. But if we can get him the ball in and around the box I think he still has the quality to deliver.

Right now we're not really providing that service to any of our attackers and they're all struggling as a result. If we play better we could give Bale better conditions, he could be really useful.

He can still be a threat, but we need to get him the ball in the right areas with a bit of space around him.

Used to be he could create that space from nowhere himself, I don't think that's the case anymore. But if we can get him the ball in and around the box I think he still has the quality to deliver.

Right now we're not really providing that service to any of our attackers and they're all struggling as a result. If we play better we could give Bale better conditions, he could be really useful.

I wonder if it is worth giving him some minutes at #10. Maybe bring him on for Ndombele if Lo Celso isn't available

At some point he will have to say fudge it and just go for it. He eased himself back in with those Europe games and then had an 'illness' and possibly something with his calf that he wanted to be careful with and came off at half time in that last appearance, however we are now entering January and time is ticking, at some point soon when he gets another start he has to say 'ok, I'm gonna let loose and see if the body can handle it'. No more trotting around off the ball and jogging to close down.
I'm still in the camp that he will find some form and be an important part to the rest of the season but its starting to get a little concerning I admit.

I wonder if it is worth giving him some minutes at #10. Maybe bring him on for Ndombele if Lo Celso isn't available
what about Boris? ;)

Why when we have Harry?
Bale was a strange deal and made little footballing sense as he is physically not good enough for the EPL and everybody must have known this. He looks a shadow of the player of even 2 years ago.

Sorry.
Dele just maybe but Bale IMHO is physically too far gone. Dele really would-be a no no after more thought.
We need hunk of burning love or a Modric, Ndombele is our man

Dele appears to be on the way out, Lo Celso is obviously first choice for that but when he isn't available, I think that it is something worth looking at. It might not work but it does get Bale into shooting positions and he wouldn't need to get back and cover his FB.

Dele appears to be on the way out, Lo Celso is obviously first choice for that but when he isn't available, I think that it is something worth looking at. It might not work but it does get Bale into shooting positions and he wouldn't need to get back and cover his FB.

yes to take potshots, I like.
I don't get not keeping Harry and Son in there old roles as our goal scorers and not as auxiliary central midfielders?

I remember the excitement and waves of nostalgia when he signed, best I've felt about Spurs in a long while.

Everyone was talking about the fearful prospect of Son, Kane and Bale leading the line. But I'm not sure we've seen that combination even once?

More and more it's feeling like a big mistake to bring him back, especially when you consider what we're paying for the pleasure.

Might be best for all if we terminate the loan next month.

Back