• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Gardens and stuff

We were still having frosts here 3 weeks ago.
Think I'll start planting out next weekend. I've just realised I have 36 tomato plants, amongst other things. I may have gone a bit mad with the seed-sowing!

I am like that with the sweetcorn, I always plant to many but then it is very hit and miss with the potting compost.

Had 4 people over to give me a quote for landscaping. Not one fudger came back with an actual quote.

these guys make it sound like they're doing me a favour.

Had 4 people over to give me a quote for landscaping. Not one fudger came back with an actual quote.

these guys make it sound like they're doing me a favour.
Hmm.... do you live within 50 miles of London
That would explain it
Their more interested in looking at your house than pricing work

We were still having frosts here 3 weeks ago.
Think I'll start planting out next weekend. I've just realised I have 36 tomato plants, amongst other things. I may have gone a bit mad with the seed-sowing!

Farkin' A, hombre. You can never have too many.

I'm a homegrown tomato lover. Prefer to opt for Heirloom seeds or plants. As May begins to warm up I'm preparing to plant seedlings grown in my greenhouse featuring yellow and green zebra varieties. Lovely sharp flavours from both, but more savoury from the latter. Plus I've added the deep purple Paul Robeson and a robust orange Mr. Stripey varieties as well as various cherry tomato plants so we have something to add to salads throughout the summer and fall months. Plus freeze some and add zest to pasta sauces during the dark, sub-zero mumphs of the Canadian winter.

Flamin' Nora, our garden is shaping up nicely for this summer.

First off, the back yard - our lot is 177 feet deep in the heart of downtown Toronto, an unbelievable privilege in Norfa Merica's 3rd-4rf largest city. The back lawn is coming in gorgeously plump and plush after we seeded heavily last fall and had the lawn fertilized in early spring by a commercial maintenance firm (Mr. Weed). The grass is so thick and plush I could only take half the width of the mower blade to cut the grass yesterday without blowing a circuit breaker or overheating the motor on my electric lawnmower.

Then there's a huge canopy being produced by our rhubarb plants. The stalks are coming up bright red and succulent. After that, the greenhouse is full of aspiring growth from our yellow bean, radish, purple kale, purple potatoes and heirloom tomatoes, which include such widely differing varieties as Lemon Boy yellows, Green Zebra green tomatoes, Paul Robeson deep purples and others. We also have some wicked cannibis proudly sprouting including Green Crack and Casey Jones sativa strains and Beach Wedding indica strain. Looking forward to a mind clearing, belly filling summer and fall tending my garden whilst I put the rancid memories of this season behind my self.

Charles Dowding will be leading an all-day workshop on creating a successful vegetable and fruit garden at West Dean Gardens in West Sussex on Saturday 26 February from 9:30am until 3pm. Charles will explain his no-dig style of gardening, composting, sowing at the best time, and how to achieve healthy plants. He will also share how to grow salad leaves all year, succession planting and winter vegetables. Tickets £85; book your place online.

Going to book this for the wife and I. She shares an allotment with a friend and we try and grow as much as we can in the back garden.

Charles will explain his no-dig style of gardening

Going to book this for the wife and I. She shares an allotment with a friend and we try and grow as much as we can in the back garden.[/QUOTE]

Hi was this any good? Hope you enjoyed yourself and learned a lot. I have heard of the no dig thing before, don't you just make raised beds and put cardboard down to smother the weeds? I have been collecting Amazon packaging to give it a try. Dont you still need to work the compost into the soil at some point? I don't have an allotment but make best use of the space by growing potatoes in bags, much better yield that way and you don't put the fork through them.

Charles Dowding will be leading an all-day workshop on creating a successful vegetable and fruit garden at West Dean Gardens in West Sussex on Saturday 26 February from 9:30am until 3pm. Charles will explain his no-dig style of gardening, composting, sowing at the best time, and how to achieve healthy plants. He will also share how to grow salad leaves all year, succession planting and winter vegetables. Tickets £85; book your place online.

Going to book this for the wife and I. She shares an allotment with a friend and we try and grow as much as we can in the back garden.
We have the Dowding books but you're just a tease Chich....looked straight after you posted...sold out already:)

Only up the road for me, so gutted I've (and the Mrs) missed out.

Back