• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Fernando Llorente

Hopefully it'll give him some confidence if he needs to play in a meaningful game again this season. Still hope we sign a young CF in the summer

He always was a short term buy, we just needed a few more performances like today.

Well done to him, think it does enough to warrant him starting again against Swansea.

He was excellent tonight. Even that 1st disallowed goal, he didn't do much wrong. THIS is the player we thought we'd signed. I know the competition was not top drawer, but actually the finish for his first goal and the header were both excellent.

He was excellent tonight. Even that 1st disallowed goal, he didn't do much wrong. THIS is the player we thought we'd signed. I know the competition was not top drawer, but actually the finish for his first goal and the header were both excellent.

Actually thought the header was the easiest. First goal was great, 2nd was good timing ..

hats_off_to_you_sir__by_janholan-d8plmh3.png

I laid into him first-half, thought it was a typical performance from him i.e. sh1t. 2nd half, he actually made a run, great finish too and got a goal that changed the game for us. Walked off with a hat-trick and man of the match award.

Overall, I wouldn't pick him again for any of the games we have left this season. We'll need a strong team to beat Swansea next round (which means Harry), and the league/champions league games are too important. Thanks for the hat-trick tonight, now goodbye and good luck.

I laid into him first-half, thought it was a typical performance from him i.e. sh1t. 2nd half, he actually made a run, great finish too and got a goal that changed the game for us. Walked off with a hat-trick and man of the match award.

Overall, I wouldn't pick him again for any of the games we have left this season. We'll need a strong team to beat Swansea next round (which means Harry), and the league/champions league games are too important. Thanks for the hat-trick tonight, now goodbye and good luck.
Mate, I have to say that is an odd post after the bloke's performance tonight albeit against League 1 opposite

He and most of this team have earned a run against Swansea.

Only players I would swap out is potentially Jan/Toby for Dier in CB, and Winks (maybe pop Eriksen in), same as other games, Harry & Dele on bench

Semi-final you can go full strength.

Mate, I have to say that is an odd post after the bloke's performance tonight albeit against League 1 opposite

He did excellently 2nd half, but would you play him in any game we've got left this season? They are all important and against much harder opposition now.

He and most of this team have earned a run against Swansea.

Only players I would swap out is potentially Jan/Toby for Dier in CB, and Winks (maybe pop Eriksen in), same as other games, Harry & Dele on bench

Semi-final you can go full strength.

I think if we phuck around with the lineup away to Swansea, they will turn us over. The 2nd string have done their job now imo, they have saved the other players legs in the first 3 rounds. Now it's time for the A-Team to take over.

Plus, someone posted the other day that we can't take the quarter finals to a replay, it has to be decided. So we have even less margin for error, we have to go there and get the job done on the day.

I think if we phuck around with the lineup away to Swansea, they will turn us over. The 2nd string have done their job now imo, they have saved the other players legs in the first 3 rounds. Now it's time for the A-Team to take over.

Plus, someone posted the other day that we can't take the quarter finals to a replay, it has to be decided. So we have even less margin for error, we have to go there and get the job done on the day.

Without a dire fudging ref and the farce of VAR, that game would have been 10-0 today. Our 2nd string is more than good enough, I think you are missing the point that everyone of our "B team" has played for us in CL this season.

Poch made a few minor adjustments, starting Lamela gives us Son, Lamela, Lucas behind Llorente, that would be enough to beat most PL sides outside top 6.
Next game, if we have one of Jan/Toby/Sanchez alongside Foyth, defense is sorted.
As I said above, two changes will do it, put Eriksen in for Winks with the CB change.

Poch trusts players, if they return that trust (they did today), he will play them again.

Without a dire fudging ref and the farce of VAR, that game would have been 10-0 today. Our 2nd string is more than good enough, I think you are missing the point that everyone of our "B team" has played for us in CL this season.

Poch made a few minor adjustments, starting Lamela gives us Son, Lamela, Lucas behind Llorente, that would be enough to beat most PL sides outside top 6.
Next game, if we have one of Jan/Toby/Sanchez alongside Foyth, defense is sorted.
As I said above, two changes will do it, put Eriksen in for Winks with the CB change.

Poch trusts players, if they return that trust (they did today), he will play them again.

What have Rochdale got to do with Swansea? The team today was good enough to beat what was infront of them, I agreed with Poch's selection including Llorente. Swansea away is levels above what we have played so far in the cup. We drew 2 away games to far, far inferior teams to them and in the quarter final, we don't have the luxury of getting a draw and taking them back to Wembley. We'll need Lloris, Vertonghen, Eriksen and Kane in the team imo.

Last edited:
He did well to get a hattrick and please that he did as it should give him confidence but I wouldnt go overboard about his performance. Link up play was still weak for someone of his size and there was no movement or runs from him. Still don’t think he’s the right man for us, but good that he should be happier and more in form than before

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

He did well to get a hattrick and please that he did as it should give him confidence but I wouldnt go overboard about his performance. Link up play was still weak for someone of his size and there was no movement or runs from him. Still don’t think he’s the right man for us, but good that he should be happier and more in form than before

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No movement or runs. Like his first goal today?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Agree, first team for Swansea - it is then an international break.

We just about got a result there in the league with the first team.

Our first team was barely good enough to beat Swnasea away in the league - do I want to risk playing our second string in an FA Cup quarter final? No thanks.

You're missing the point about the 'B team'. Individually they might have the quality to play in the first team, but when you literally put a second string altogether in one team the fluidity and quality of performance as a team is well below what it should be....

Back