• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

FA Cup Semi Final OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur FC v Manchester United***

I still think we can win things with him but we need to improve the team to help with that.

I still think we were very unfortunate in the semi last year and against Juve earlier in the season.

My doubts have only very recently arisen. Since the Emirates Marketing Project game actually where the tactics used were deeply alarming, it was so very obvious what we had to do that day yet we proceeded to do the opposite - I found that incredibly alarming and then Brighton was also very poor and then yesterday.

To start so well and then freeze when they get a goal is just baffling.

So for me it's only this little run that has started to concern me and I'm only saying he should go if we see similar occurring over the next 2 seasons.

I'm confident with the right investment we will win things with Poch and he'll be here for a long long time.

But I hope he is looking at himself for those abomination of tactics against Emirates Marketing Project and why the players froze yesterday at 1-1.

I get the feeling he is furious with himself TBF...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Its eight times in nearly 30 years....you are being wound up by the media. Go for a nice walk in the park and enjoy the sun!

I enjoyed the sun thanks, the only saving grace from a awful weekend of football. 8 of our last semi finals, don't care if its over 5, 10, 20 or 30 years. Its an embarrassment! its shows a deep lying problem with the club. As Michael Carrick once said " its ok to lose a few games at Spurs" at Man Utd its unacceptable. That's the level we need to get to!

I enjoyed the sun thanks, the only saving grace from a awful weekend of football. 8 of our last semi finals, don't care if its over 5, 10, 20 or 30 years. Its an embarrassment! its shows a deep lying problem with the club. As Michael Carrick once said " its ok to lose a few games at Spurs" at Man Utd its unacceptable. That's the level we need to get to!

So what's the answer?

Or should we draw a line underneath it?
line.jpg

Last edited:
I was so bloody frustrated with our constant fannying round on the edge of the box with sideways passes. Particularly with Davies and Trippier who had several opportunities to whip crosses in first time, but would rather play back and inside.
I've noticed that Trippier only crosses if he's in acres of space and gets a pin point accurate pass that he can hit first time. If he has to take a touch to control it, he always passes backwards.

. The biggest call is whether to start a struggling Kane.

As I said before the game, I thought that playing Kane was Poch's biggest call. While it is easy with hindsight to say he got it wrong, it looked to me that Kane seemed to continually block up the middle and got zero joy from their hunking centre backs. I would love to see his heat map to see how often he came deep or went wide. I am getting increasingly worried now that he is becoming obsessed with goal scoring and the rest of his game is suffering to the detriment of the team's performance. We need to see the old Kane turn up very very soon.

I've noticed that Trippier only crosses if he's in acres of space and gets a pin point accurate pass that he can hit first time. If he has to take a touch to control it, he always passes backwards.

I think its tactical, the FB's on both sides have been doing it all season.

So what's the answer?

Or should we draw a line underneath it?
View attachment 4414

We just need to accept that until we spend big money we cant compete. We need to buy proven winners. Those players cost big money. We need to pay Toby what he wants. He is one of the best in the business. With the new stadium we wont be able to do that for at least a few more years. I feel this team will eventually break up and we will start all over again.

How long will Verts, Eriksen, Dele and Kane stay with no sign of moving forward. Kane has already said as long as the club match his ambition he will stay.

We are moving in the right direction we just need to start winning the big important games and the players need to feel the joy of winning a trophy, We need a manager who thinks every game is important no matter what game it is. Even if Poch thinks it isn't, keep it to yourself. I agree with him about the cups however don't say it, these players will look for any excuse.

Its no coincidence that the top 3 teams have spent the most money. the next 5 years we have no excuse to match them (bar city)

That's where he fails, he wont take the full back on like Walker used to. Same goes for Davies

They don't have the same pace. The lack of pace from the full-backs is were we have lost something, but we have gained in other aspects. We are better at possession play, get more accurate crossing, and do create more with the intricate play in the middle, but the latter is partially offset by less stretching of the defence. The lack of pace in the fullbacks also changes other selection choices (e.g. Son over Lamella)

The question to ask of Trippier is whether it is better to put in a cross anyway even if likely to be blocked by the first line of defence or pull it back and look for a clearer opportunity.

The last three years have been interesting in terms of showing us where the financial glass ceiling is. We have just smashed into it. To progress further, we need to seriously invest in the team. There is almost zero chance of Spurs winning the league in my lifetime (I'm 56) if we fail to do so.

We just need to accept that until we spend big money we cant compete. We need to buy proven winners. Those players cost big money. We need to pay Toby what he wants. He is one of the best in the business. With the new stadium we wont be able to do that for at least a few more years. I feel this team will eventually break up and we will start all over again.

How long will Verts, Eriksen, Dele and Kane stay with no sign of moving forward. Kane has already said as long as the club match his ambition he will stay.

We are moving in the right direction we just need to start winning the big important games and the players need to feel the joy of winning a trophy, We need a manager who thinks every game is important no matter what game it is. Even if Poch thinks it isn't, keep it to yourself. I agree with him about the cups however don't say it, these players will look for any excuse.

Its no coincidence that the top 3 teams have spent the most money. the next 5 years we have no excuse to match them (bar city)

Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool will still have a big financial advantage over us for about 4 years as it will take time for the money to arrive.
Even when are on par or at least closer the Cups will always be of a much lower priority as they have a low financial return, yes I agree sad but a fact of life.
Arsenal proved that cup wins count for naught in the champions league age. Great days out for the fans, although Chelsea could not give away thiers tickets yesterday. Its been devalued by everybody,the press, the teams and the governing bodies. Women's football and Darts are becoming a bigger draw.;)
My FA cup memories go back to the mid 60s and started at 8 o'clock in the morning with Uncle Mac on the radio....so im old school.
Thoughs days mean nothing to likes of Pochettino....or even Levy.
Money does not solve all footballing ills ask to guys down the road!
We also picked the wrong side on Saturday, it should have been the one that played Chelsea.....

Matching United is beyond us, new stadium or not and im not entirely sure it's realistic to say we can match the others whilst the stadium is being paid for as im not sure what the state of play is re repayments - however the gap should significantly close to Arsenal and Liverpool (Chelsea too if their last few years are anything to go by) and we should be in a much better state financially to compete

Matching United is beyond us, new stadium or not and im not entirely sure it's realistic to say we can match the others whilst the stadium is being paid for as im not sure what the state of play is re repayments - however the gap should significantly close to Arsenal and Liverpool (Chelsea too if their last few years are anything to go by) and we should be in a much better state financially to compete
Correct. United have more than 5 times the revenue we have today, and even with the new stadium, they'll have more than double our revenue. United are a massive global brand, that we will probably never be able to match.

The last three years have been interesting in terms of showing us where the financial glass ceiling is. We have just smashed into it. To progress further, we need to seriously invest in the team. There is almost zero chance of Spurs winning the league in my lifetime (I'm 56) if we fail to do so.

We do need to invest at a better rate than now, but by maybe 10%, not 10s of %.
There comes a point where cost is a pointless factor.
It does not matter what we are willing or able to pay there are at least three teams in our league who can pay more. At least one of them will pay more just to stop us getting a player and making us stronger, even if that player only ever sits on their bench.

We just need to accept that until we spend big money we cant compete. We need to buy proven winners. Those players cost big money. We need to pay Toby what he wants.
)
That is utter madness. A club that aspires to greatness cannot have players deciding when they play unless they are player/managers. Fergie not only dropped Beckham, bu kicked a boot in his face to assert his dominance. The moment a player decides when they play we will be on our way to being grateful for scraping into the EL.

Absolutely fudging disgusted. Bottle job again. Never looked like fudging scoring once they went ahead. So many players touch showed apprehension and that killed us.

This side has brought so much pleasure but, again, when the chips were down, we fudging bottled it.

8 semi final defeats on the bounce. Embarrassing.
Wow, you're saying it as if this specific side lost 8 semifinals in a row. Get a grip!

Why will we not be able to do it for at least a few more years?

Back