1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

FA Cup 5th Round Draw

Discussion in 'Classic Threads' started by Jordinho, 28 Jan 2012.

1. spasm

spasm Gudni Bergsson

i am an ingrate..good draw for us, but i wish liverpool had drawn chelsea or arsenal..

2. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

How weird. Right as I went to open up GG, this precise thought was running through my mind, and I was remembering the two 90s Wembley semis and that vile fudging affair at Old Trafford, and I was thinking they've done us in the last two, now it's our fudging turn, and then your post is the FIRST I read on the subject! It is written...

I have to say, as GUTTED as I remain over how we were fudged over at City, if we finished third, won the cup beating the filth on the way AND they failed to make the CL, it would have to be classed as a pretty great fudging season!!!!

3. metalgear

metalgear Jack Jull

you'd rather risk a top four finish? what if ade gets injured in the FA cup run up at the end of the season.

don't curse, discuss....

4. metalgear

metalgear Jack Jull

remember what happended AFTER we won the carling cup? end of season and following season? look at portsmouth as another example of the risks of putting everything into a cup run.

5. ArcspacE

ArcspacE Banned

What are the dates for this?

6. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

7. Jordinho

Jordinho John Cameron Staff Member

From an Evertonian: Andy Thomson has won the World Bowls Singles Championships, the last time he did so was 1995! An omen?!

8. jimmyb

jimmyb Milija Aleksic

Who said anything about putting everything into an FA Cup run?

Obviously, we will still be going all out for the title or, failing that, a top four finish at least.

Big clubs win trophies. They aren't just happy with finishing in the top four. So we need to ask ourselves who we think we are. Are we a big club? Damn fudging right, we are.

In twenty years' time, no one will give a damn if Spurs finished, say, third in the Premier League in 2011-12. But winning the FA Cup would be on the record books forever. Another trophy to add to the Honours list. Not to mention a fantastic day out at Wembley.

9. Jordinho

But finishing in the Top 4 this season could have a big impact on where we are a year from now, or 10, or 20. Hopefully we can do both, but CL status and tens of millions in income outweighs a trophy when thinking long term.

10. jimmyb

jimmyb Milija Aleksic

What if.....?

We can all play that game.

What if this was the last good chance we ever had to win a trophy in your lifetime?

You can't go through life wimping out of anything that smells of slight danger. It'll only lead to bitterness and regret.

Carpe diem, young man. Carpe diem.

11. jimmyb

jimmyb Milija Aleksic

It's not an either / or situation. That's the point.

12. Jordinho

I know, but one argument was: What if Ade, or anyone else, gets injured playing an FA cup match?

13. the fox in the box

the fox in the box √ėyvind Leonhardsen

we are more than capable of adding 4 more games to the remaining 16 games we have left in the league! whats the big deal guys?

WIN EVERYTHING

14. markysimmo

markysimmo Johnny nice-tits

To dare is to do !!!

Lets go for it, id love two trips to Wembley...

15. Park Lane James

Park Lane James Andy Sinton

If some fans are scared of having a go at The FA Cup when some of the main competition has been knocked out then they really need to have a look at why they follow a football club. It's all about the glory - we can quite easily have a go at both the league and the cup, the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea have Champions League games anyway - we're in a much better shape than them to pick up the trophy. We have a squad more than capable of rolling over Stevenage and getting into the quarters - the likes of Adebayor don't even have to play! That means we'd be in the quarter finals, that's only two more games to get into the final, it would hardly mean that our squad would gain an incredible amount of fatigue.

Let's get 'em.

16. Park Lane James

Park Lane James Andy Sinton

Well that's football, your players are gonna get injured somewhere down the line.

17. ArcspacE

ArcspacE Banned

You can get killed walking your doggie

18. spasm

spasm Gudni Bergsson

this.

19. Jordinho

Personally I'm in the 'one game at a time' camp. We should always look to win our next match.

20. tommysvr

tommysvr Mido

What if Ade gets injured in a League game? Should we give up in those? gonad*s, go full tilt for the title/3rd and the FA Cup.