• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Everton

Everton have new ownership (partly) and a new stadium in planning. By targeting Ancelotti they are showing ambition and I assume that some of that ambition included promises to Ancelotti on spending. In contrast, Kroenke has shown no ambition with Arsenal and it is now his kid's plaything.

What's clear to me is Everton made Ancelotti their number one target and went all out to sign him, Napoli got wind and fudged him off to save face.

The fact that the Goons seemingly can't do the same with any top level manager is hilarious.

I dont think so. If Everton really wanted Ancelotti (and he was interested) smart move for Napoli is to let them pay for the pleasure.

Sacking him off means Everton get him for free and Napoli get nothing.

Far more likely, IMO, that the toxic situation at Napoli came to a head and Everton are just being opportunist about it.

I also think Carragher (spit) might have a point. Ancelotti at Everton will need to to work he just hasnt done before (or, at least, for a LONG time). He generally takes really good teams and gets them performing even better.

That said, I still think there is plenty to work with in that Everton squad.

Its a very interesting move if it comes off.

And yes, hilarious that Arsenal apparently arent even in the conversation

Ancelotti is great for getting a couple of good seasons out of a squad with ageing stars, but that's not what Everton need. When was the last time he actually built something?

Sun article says its all but done - and this is eye watering money for them

He will pocket a basic salary £11.5million-per-year in Merseyside, with a bonus of £2.5m if he keeps the Toffees in the Premier League.

I would have thought Everton would be looking for a long term manager rather one who does a season or two and then leaves.

I would have thought Everton would be looking for a long term manager rather one who does a season or two and then leaves.

I guess they want to try and stabilise.

Think football is generally becoming a bit more equal. Clubs like Brighton who are well run will be better off long term then Everton.

Like Marco Silva, Sam Allardyce, David Unsworth, Ronald Koeman, Joe Royle, David Unsworth, Roberto Martinez?

You would think they would have learnt by now that there is no quick fit, Ancelotti is not going to stick around for long ( look at his record).

You would think they would have learnt by now that there is no quick fit, Ancelotti is not going to stick around for long ( look at his record).

was listening to the guardian football weekly and they said in Italy he is known for being a cup manager, but he hasn’t delivered the cups to Napoli

also he was incredibly highly paid by the standards of Italy and they thought he would get the boot just to save money as getting top 4 out there is comfortable

£11.5million-per-year is a lot of money, but how many players paid £200k per week make the difference a quality manager can. Ozil, Pogba, Hazard (every other season), Sanchez?

was listening to the guardian football weekly and they said in Italy he is known for being a cup manager, but he hasn’t delivered the cups to Napoli

also he was incredibly highly paid by the standards of Italy and they thought he would get the boot just to save money as getting top 4 out there is comfortable

It looks like 15 of his 20 trophys were cups of one sort or the other. I just think Everton would look for someone who would take them forward, he does not usually stay anywhere for longer then a season or two. Milan is the only one he stayed a while.

What is his longest stay at a club? I'm guessing less than the time to build a stadium from the planning stage.

He has a stellar record. He must know what he has signed up for at Everton. Perhaps he is looking for something different at this stage of his career.

I wonder if Ancelotti will still be their manager by the time their new stadium opens...

I think that there is zero chance of that.

I like their stadium plans though and I think that it is good that they are building it close to the city centre.

What is his longest stay at a club? I'm guessing less than the time to build a stadium from the planning stage.

He has a stellar record. He must know what he has signed up for at Everton. Perhaps he is looking for something different at this stage of his career.

he was at Milan for nearly a decade, he’s a class act, like Jose, he’ll know exactly what he’s signed up for

He spent 8 years at Milan which was the longest, other then that he has 8 other clubs in 16 years.

Back