• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

European and Global Super League Plans

Never been a season ticket holder but been a member since I was a kid. Probably doing half a dozen to a dozen games a season. But should we go and join a closed shop I think that’s it for me. I’ll just stick to my local non league team.

Unfortunately the pockets will be deep and plenty of overseas fans will still follow so can’t see it failing unfortunately.

Substitute TV for overseas, they will buy this product big time, wouldnt be surprised to see a few games in Asia during winter months.

Global audience matters, look at the NFL, cleaning up for decades in the US but happy to shift the game windows to bring in an international audience and even host proper games abroad to grow the business.

I’ve not had a chance to read any of the details yet (too busy enjoying the sun). But I’m instinctively against this kind of super league. But I’m equally instinctively pro-Spurs and whatever is best for Spurs. What a dilemma. And what is the impact on lower league football if PL money goes away?
I don’t like the sound of this but don’t want us being left behind either.

If this happens then I think I will quit football or maybe go support local non league side. I'm already not overly pleased with the way Champions League changed modern football as it is but this this would absolutely ruin football.

Ark at everyone at Sky bricking their pants at the thought of losing a chunk of the pie, I am against this gonad*s but christ they're a joke.

Yes, the outrage is rather amusing. This is not a break away league as they will continue play domestic league games where their primary obligation lies. What the clubs are proposing to do is play in their own European midweek league and not to enter the UEFA competitions. I'm unaware of any regulations preventing a club arranging additional fixtures (e.g. money raising friendlies) and this is just an extension of this. What I'm not sure of is the obligation to UEFA. Do clubs have to play in the UEFA competitions or is it optional. There is an obligation on the FA to provide clubs for the UEFA competitions, but they they can still fulfil this obligation with clubs that haven't chosen to play in the superleague.

The challenge is to UEFA, the UEFA who unilaterally and without much consultation are changing the CL format. This superleague proposal preempts the UEFA announcement. Personally this league doesn't appeal to me. But its just one step in the direction that UEFA were going anyway and its given UEFA a backeye. I doubt it will go ahead but I'm enjoying all the rats squealing in unison.

P.S. FIFA should support it. They want their club world cup to become the major international competition above the CL. This superleague could be consistent with their goal of controlling the top club competition.

EziCwcvXMAI4Pnm

I had to double check today's date.

“In general, there will not be big transfers this summer," he told El Larguero. "When money does not flow from the rich clubs to the poor clubs, everyone suffers.

"It's impossible to make signings like Mbappe and Haaland, in general, not just for Real Madrid, without the Super League.

“If we don't sign Mbappe this summer, I don't think any fan will shoot himself in the head. They know we're doing our best, and if things don't happen, it's because they're impossible.”

Perez also discussed the future of Sergio Ramos, whose contract at the Santiago Bernabeu expires in just over two months.

The Madrid president described the Spain international as “like a son” but he admitted the club could be forced to cut costs in the summer.

“It depends on Real Madrid's situation," he said when asked if Ramos was likely to sign a new deal.

"This year we're bringing in €300 million less. We need to sell a player, do things.

"I've done what I can up to now and I haven't done it badly. Despite a few people saying I don't know about football.

“ I know what it's like to come into a club in 2000 where people hadn't been paid. I put up everything I could and changed the world with the Galacticos and went from losing €30 or 40 million a year to bringing that in."

Back