• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Eric Dier

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated
Goal understands Tottenham have agreed a £3.96M transfer fee for Eric Dier and the player has agreed terms on a five year deal. #THFC

Hotspur Related ‏@HotspurRelated
Eric Dier at the airport in Portugal today ahead of a proposed move to Tottenham, via @baavin. #THFC

I quite like the cost-effective rebalancing that is going on this summer:
- £9m AM out (Siggy) - £9m LB in (Davies)
- £4m AM out (Falque) - £4m CB in (Dier)

Fee has now apparently been agreed. Don't know too much about. A link to Jose Fonte at the end of the article as well.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/31/4995418/-

The England Under-21 centre-back is set to sign a five-year deal on Thursday after a decade in Portugal with Sporting as Mauricio Pochettino looks to bolster his defensive options
By Duncan Castles

Tottenham have agreed a €5 million [£3.96m] deal with Sporting for England Under-21 international Eric Dier, Goal understands.

The central defender has accepted terms on a five-year contract at White Hart Lane, which he is due to sign on Thursday, with the Portuguese outfit not retaining a sell-on clause.

The 20-year-old was born in Cheltenham, but moved to Portugal a decade ago where he was quickly recruited into Sporting's renowned academy system.

Dier signed professional terms with the Lisbon club in 2010, was loaned to Everton for half a season the following January, and has made 30 first-team appearances for Sporting over the last two campaigns.

Eligible for citizenship in Portugal, Dier has resisted approached from the Portuguese federation to play for their national teams, and has been capped by England at every youth level from Under-18 upwards.

Tottenham have been working on strengthening their options in central defence for several months amidst doubts over Michael Dawson's long-term fitness and with Younes Kaboul's contract entering its final year.

Often played out of his preferred central position as a left back, Jan Vertonghen has been offered a revised five-year-deal and recently stated that he "would like to stay at Tottenham".

New manager Mauricio Pochettino has taken a direct role in approaching potential new recruits, meeting earlier this week to discuss the transfers of Portuguese defenders Jose Fonte and Miguel Lopes.

Fonte, 30, has just a single season left on his Southampton contract and would be allowed to leave the South Coast club for a reasonable transfer fee.

Sporting right-back Lopes spent last season on loan at Lyon and has been identified as a replacement for Kyle Naughton if the former England Under-21 international is sold.

Fee has now apparently been agreed. Don't know too much about. A link to Jose Fonte at the end of the article as well.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2014/07/31/4995418/-

The England Under-21 centre-back is set to sign a five-year deal on Thursday after a decade in Portugal with Sporting as Mauricio Pochettino looks to bolster his defensive options
By Duncan Castles

Tottenham have agreed a €5 million [£3.96m] deal with Sporting for England Under-21 international Eric Dier, Goal understands.

The central defender has accepted terms on a five-year contract at White Hart Lane, which he is due to sign on Thursday, with the Portuguese outfit not retaining a sell-on clause.

The 20-year-old was born in Cheltenham, but moved to Portugal a decade ago where he was quickly recruited into Sporting's renowned academy system.

Dier signed professional terms with the Lisbon club in 2010, was loaned to Everton for half a season the following January, and has made 30 first-team appearances for Sporting over the last two campaigns.

Eligible for citizenship in Portugal, Dier has resisted approached from the Portuguese federation to play for their national teams, and has been capped by England at every youth level from Under-18 upwards.

Tottenham have been working on strengthening their options in central defence for several months amidst doubts over Michael Dawson's long-term fitness and with Younes Kaboul's contract entering its final year.

Often played out of his preferred central position as a left back, Jan Vertonghen has been offered a revised five-year-deal and recently stated that he "would like to stay at Tottenham".

New manager Mauricio Pochettino has taken a direct role in approaching potential new recruits, meeting earlier this week to discuss the transfers of Portuguese defenders Jose Fonte and Miguel Lopes.

Fonte, 30, has just a single season left on his Southampton contract and would be allowed to leave the South Coast club for a reasonable transfer fee.

Sporting right-back Lopes spent last season on loan at Lyon and has been identified as a replacement for Kyle Naughton if the former England Under-21 international is sold.

Re Fonte - Duncan Castles isn't very good on transfers is he, other than when it relates to Mourinho?

Isn't that a bit of a fall from grace too - from the Guardian to Goal!

He is the grandson of former FA Secretary Ted Croker.

If our FA can't count that as homegrown then the system is my favourite buttplug.

Re Fonte - Duncan Castles isn't very good on transfers is he, other than when it relates to Mourinho?

I thought he was quite reliable at one point, but it's been a while since I've read any Spurs related news from him.

I don't necessarily think it's a fall from grace, Goal are doing some good things imo. Obviously very different from the Guardian, but that might be what he wanted to do.

He is the grandson of former FA Secretary Ted Croker.

If our FA can't count that as homegrown then the system is my favourite buttplug.

Would it make you happier if it was named "home trained" instead?

Falque gone for 4m and we spend that much young promising centre half is unreal business.

I thought Duncan Castles was freelance....ive seen him write for different publications/sites

I thought he was quite reliable at one point, but it's been a while since I've read any Spurs related news from him.

I don't necessarily think it's a fall from grace, Goal are doing some good things imo. Obviously very different from the Guardian, but that might be what he wanted to do.

Would it make you happier if it was named "home trained" instead?

It'd make me happier if they said English players and tell the European Union to **** off when they complained.

I was wondering whether it was just a lazy link considering the other Southampton deals to put his own spin on the story. Think he put a lot more out on us in the earlier days of AVB but not sure his hit rate was great.

Back