1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

ENIC

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by mattls, 1 Feb 2013.

1. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

You know, you could always become rich and spend fortunes on spurs winning trophies.

2. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Ian Walker

For a while in my life I tried…. As I rose through the ranks in the financial markets I eventually realised that I didn’t have something that a lot of the real uber rich had in their character, I think it was two things really. Firstly I didn’t have a massive desire to make even more and more and more money and secondly I was never really comfortable completely screwing the other party in a deal (which those who crave more and more wealth often love to do).

mephitis, Robbo, afsoc4life and 4 others like this.
  3. Finney Is Back

I guess the side of the fence one sits on in this debate depends on how they see football clubs and those that own them….

On the one side there are those that see the clubs merely as businesses, the fans merely as customers and think it is all fine and good for the owners of those clubs (businesses) to make lots of profit from their ownership. On the other side there are those that see don’t see the clubs as businesses or the fans merely as customers. Unfortunately we are one of the few top level clubs around the World who have owners who’s main ambition for the club they own is to increase their net worth off the back of it.

Robbo, Gazza, FolkestoneSpur and 2 others like this.
  4. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Jack L. Jones

i don’t agree it’s just about net worth. I do believe they also want success but won’t put their own money in to make it happen. Hence why it’s been a focus on growing the things that bring in the money to make us better.

the issue of course is that some clubs are purely existing as toys for the rich to sport wash their other activities

but that’s life. Nothing is genuinely fair

mephitis and Baleforce like this.
  5. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

What a load of rubbish.
    All the money the club earns is reinvested in the club.
    No owner has bought a club to please the fans they all want something out of it. Whether that is profit, fame, sports washing, money laundering or because putin told them to.

Many gamble on trying to get success the vast majority fail and leave the club fudged. When you are up against the wealth of countries you can't compete by throwing money at it. You have to do things a lot smarter.

mephitis, parklane1 and Baleforce like this.
  6. Finney Is Back

Bought the club for circa £80m. Stake now worth £1.5b (though they apparently think the value is £3b). Yet not a single extra penny invested, nor any equity released to inject liquidity.

7. Bishop

Bishop Milija Aleksic

The Cult of Levy is strong in this one.

DubaiSpur likes this.
  8. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

So?

9. Finney Is Back

Just interested whether you have a season ticket and go to the games Lilbaz?

DubaiSpur likes this.
  10. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Not a season ticket but get to a few home games each season. Also european away games.

As a carer i probably spend more of my income on spurs than anyone on this site.

11. Finney Is Back

Fair play…. If only we could say the same of Lewis ;)

MKSpur, Mikey10 and Robspur12 like this.
  12. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Oh no! You used the cult of levy argument. Close the thread now. No coming back from that.

DubSpur and parklane1 like this.
  13. Surfless

Surfless Kevin-Prince Boateng

when you see that table you can see why the European Super League came into existence for that brief moment.

Danishfurniturelover and Lilbaz like this.
  14. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

They don't seem happy at the moment.

15. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

I did say happier, its relative.

We will never be satisfied.

MKSpur likes this.
  16. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

Soory thought you were talking of moshiri and everton. Half a billion spent and they are protesting.

17. Baleforce

Baleforce Steve Archibald

Ah, no I was talking about us, even if ENIC did put in half a million and we won a couple of things, I don't think any of us would say "thanks, that was great, all I wanted, I don't care if we don't win anything for a bit, thanks ENIC, top skills".

I think Everton are in a far bigger hole than us, Ancelotti is a great manager, FSW a very safe pair of hands, there is something seriously rotten in that dressing room for the performances to be so poor.

afsoc4life and Lilbaz like this.
  18. Robbo

Robbo Chris Perry

Serious question, as I have no real idea of how our ownership is structured or the importance of individual owners for Spurs: What will happen when Joe Lewis dies? Business as usual for ENIC and Spurs?

He will be 85 soon, and likely doesn't have many years left.

Apologies if this has already been discussed earlier in this thread.

19. Lilbaz

Lilbaz Justin Edinburgh

His family will inherit his shares.

20. DubSpur

DubSpur Tim Sherwood

His daughter and heir is supposed to be really interested in Spurs and football, could be a positive. She was engaged to Craig Johnston for a long time.