• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Emerson Royal

This has to mean at least one of the three current options is off

Or it could just be that we're trying to flog Aurier and want someone lined up in the event that we are able to shift him, rather than scrambling around in the final hours

No! Absolutely not! The former Barca chairman brought in several Brazilians, none of which were anywhere near good enough, through an agent that was his friend. All to line his own pockets. Think it was 4-5 players, and they have about 20 games combined for Barca.

You seem so sure that he no good, out of curiosity how many times have you seen him play?

He's decently quick, once he gets up to speed. But he's a bit Doherty like. His brain writes out cheques his ability can't cash out. Tries the "right" things, does not mange to actually execute it. That's what I saw of him last year. Hopefully he's improved massively.

No disrespect, my friend, you cannot trash a prospective signing and then add a "hopefully has improved" proviso. Stick out your neck and stand by your assertions.:D

That way we can come back at the end of the season and either hail you as a transfer genius or, if he has a storming first season......

You seem so sure that he no good, out of curiosity how many times have you seen him play?
I don't know exactly. 8-10 games maybe. Although quite young, the fact that you're not deemed worthy of even trying to compete with Nelson Semedo speaks volumes imo. That said, Barcas judgement of right backs has quite some history.
If he comes, I hope he makes a mockery of my words. Won't be the first time, mind you.

Or it could just be that we're trying to flog Aurier and want someone lined up in the event that we are able to shift him, rather than scrambling around in the final hours
I’d expect the Aurier transfer to be announced first in this case, this is being reported as a done deal.

Didn't Nuno sign Semedo for Wolves?
He looked class when we played Barca 2-3 years ago but hasn't looked great in the Prem whenever I've seen him, still young though so time to improve.
Never seen Royal play but will trust Nuno's judgement on this one.
On a side note what's happened with the Japanese lad we were interested in?

Didn't Nuno sign Semedo for Wolves?
He looked class when we played Barca 2-3 years ago but hasn't looked great in the Prem whenever I've seen him, still young though so time to improve.
Never seen Royal play but will trust Nuno's judgement on this one.
On a side note what's happened with the Japanese lad we were interested in?

Was just wondering about the Japan guy too and could it be that he’s not attacking enough as a right back? He can also play centre back after all, so Emerson preferred as he gets forward more (judging by the youtube video).

What other attacking right backs have we been linked with? Emerson probably the best option at £25m. Aarons at norwich for example would cost at least £40m and is probably no better.

Seems a lot to spend for a RB, we need an upgrade there but it's not critical for this season in my view. Should spend the money on a midfielder.

Also surely we could haggle a lower fee, Barca are completely skint and desperate to offload whoever they can.

I don't know exactly. 8-10 games maybe. Although quite young, the fact that you're not deemed worthy of even trying to compete with Nelson Semedo speaks volumes imo. That said, Barcas judgement of right backs has quite some history.
If he comes, I hope he makes a mockery of my words. Won't be the first time, mind you.

Barca wanted to hold onto him but their finances mean that they need to sell.

He's been playing first choice for Betis for the past 2 seasons on loan though - Barca's recruitment policy being good or bad is neither here nor there

Indeed
How is that any different from Madrid keeping Marcello who was utter brick last season and selling us Reguilon. Last season whenever Marcello started he was their Achilles heel in defence. That did not mean Marcello is a better left back than Reguilon. He was once, but now Marcello is sliding down the hill.

Seems a lot to spend for a RB, we need an upgrade there but it's not critical for this season in my view. Should spend the money on a midfielder.

Also surely we could haggle a lower fee, Barca are completely skint and desperate to offload whoever they can.

If said midfielder is available

I think we need to accept a few things
- We won't get everything fixed in one window
- RB is an issue, Tanganaga still needs to learn his trade, Doherty is brick (and I mean that in the kindest way) and Aurier wants out
- I'm sure the terms are favorable to us

Again, if Nuno wants him and thinks he fits our plans, another promising 22 year old.

Back