1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Eberechi Eze

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Daisuk, 13 Jan 2020.

1. nayimfromthehalfwayline

nayimfromthehalfwayline Andy Thompson

See him much more as an AM, borderline CM to be honest.

QPR set up in a very fluid way* which allows Eze (as basically their best player) a great deal of freedom to effect games.

He has goals in him, for sure - and is really creative with the ball - but IMO is most effective coming in from deeper positions.

Or, as Finney says, for us would likely have him as a narrow forward (overlapping FB to give width) rather than in the CM or #10, at least initially.

Again, not unlike how Alli (and Eriksen) was used..

Very good player, would be happy to get him in - though I do begin to question just how congested those areas are in our squad.

EDIT = Completely forgot to add point
    * - I like Warburton, and I like QPR. Local club who play a fluid attacking system, young players, well coached = I think we could do a lot worse than send more players there on loan or even sell/buy back.

Amos has done well there (though I anticipate we will sell him) and Im very glad it appears Clarke is going there.

Last edited: 14 Jan 2020
  2. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Erik Thorstvedt

Eze?
    He ain’t a forward he is a playmaker
    He would be Eriksens replacement

3. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Erik Thorstvedt

You mean like a certain Luca Modric

4. elyid

elyid Kasey Keller

Seems a very good player, but also doesn't take for granted that you have to work hard to be a top level player.

I've probably only seen him a handful of times at QPR but always looked to be playing central midfield (fairly deep)

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  5. Benny_Lad

Benny_Lad Neil Ruddock

I've got him driving forward towards the box (with ball at feet) a bit more than Eriksen, if anything a little more in the Grealish style I would say, could play in the midfield 3 or the left AM role.

Exciting player!

6. JerusalemMan

JerusalemMan Jermaine Jenas

The SCITK group is claiming it's being agreed for summer

7. Daisuk

Daisuk Paul Robinson

I'll just do it before someone else inevitably steps in:

That group couldn't possibly know anything, they're just making it up, attention seeking fluffy bunnies cuddlings - they're probably paedophiles too. Don't know why you're listening to that garbage, it infuriates me so much I have to give this little lecture anytime someone brings it up, and school anyone who bought it up how stupid they must be to even dare believe any of it - do you think lizards rule the world too? Jesus, get a grip.

There. :p

8. JerusalemMan

9. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

Although they are both attacking midfielders, they are not similar.

I think he is the most naturally gifted attacking player in the Championship right now. If he can match that talent with hard work he will not be anybody's backup.

I think he can be a massive hit in this league. 10 goals in 22 matches so far is an excellent return considering he is not a striker.

He trained with the Nigerian national team but chose England :( :(:(:(

10. NaijaSpurs

NaijaSpurs Pedro Mendes

Eze is not a striker he is a creative attacking midfielder so why would you want to play him as a centre forward?

Last edited: 17 Jan 2020
    Bedfordspurs and yiddo37 like this.
  11. yiddo37

yiddo37 Tony Parks

From what I've seen, about 5 games worth, he reminds me of Zaha but with more end product.

Daisuk and NaijaSpurs like this.
  12. metalgear

metalgear Christian Ziege

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  13. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Teemu Tainio

Watched him today against a nasty Leeds side set out to play total schithouse football. Looked very solid and composed, willing to take players on with strong runs.

Took the free kick that led to QPR's winning goal. I don't care where he plays. Just get him and figure it out afterward.

14. yiddo37

yiddo37 Tony Parks

Thought the other young winger for QPR looked good, Osayi-Samuel. Quick and good dribbling skills.

greatwhitenorf likes this.
  15. Jon

Jon Frederic Kanoute

All totally correct.

Yet, if someone reads the same rumours on twitter, then it’s instantly believed! :rolleyes:

16. mudshark

mudshark Mitchell Thomas

His highlights reel reminded me of Ndombele's. Likes to twist and turn and dribble. That go-to drag-back would soon get worked out though.

StephenH likes this.
  17. JerusalemMan

Is that partly because he's playing up against lesser opponents than Zaha regularly does?

StephenH likes this.
  18. StephenH

StephenH Colin Calderwood

These types are all the vogue ATM. Sadly there is more to football ie actually being on the pitch!

19. StephenH

StephenH Colin Calderwood

Zaha actually does it! Most of the others and there are quite a few, think they are playing futsal or whatever its called!

20. RunTMC

RunTMC Thimotée Atouba

You might be thinking of a version of street football called Panna, where you win/score points by nutmegging your opponent.

Eze likes a nutmeg it seems. And a drag-back. Surefire ways to lose possession in the EPL.

Still he has plenty of positives about him - strength, directness, good passing/moving, wins fouls. I'm all for it. Get him in!