• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dulwich Hamlet

Encouraging middle class fans is very different to encouraging hipsters. The most obvious being that hipster traffic will only ever be transient at best.

They get 1.5k to a seventh tier match. More power to them.

I agree that it's a shame to see any club go under. My impression (please correct me if wrong) is that they encouraged this type of fan - I don't consider that acceptable behaviour for any business.

I don't know whether the club instigated it or whether it was lead by the fans. It's been successful though because they get excellent gates for that level.

Encouraging middle class fans is very different to encouraging hipsters. The most obvious being that hipster traffic will only ever be transient at best.

We've always had a good mix of classes in our fan base, its the pretentious tossers I don't want to see at our games.

The twin poles of hipsterism are authenticity and irony. One doesn’t mind when hipsters adopt something one cares about because they think it’s authentic, but it’s irritating when they seize on one’s own interests ironically. To be fair to Dulwich’s new fans, in the most part they are into non-league for extra authenticity, and are ironically attached to the cod-revolutionary politics, but there’s definitely a mix of the two. And it is for this that they are being punished by the stern gods of football, who are not mocked.

One has an appropriately named beer and the other is owned by Robert Plant's son.

beer_135681.jpg

Seriously though, I wonder if that will be in partnership with either Redemption or Beavertown. I am very fond of a lot of Beavertown's beers, so would be made up if it is them.

Seriously though, I wonder if that will be in partnership with either Redemption or Beavertown. I am very fond of a lot of Beavertown's beers, so would be made up if it is them.

yeah, I have a neck oil addiction too

This has been discussed many times on SSC, but that was hundreds of pages ago on that thread. I think the conclusion was neither and Spurs might be doing it themselves. Beavertown have other priorities at the moment and apparently the owner is an Arsenal fan.

I agree that it's a shame to see any club go under. My impression (please correct me if wrong) is that they encouraged this type of fan - I don't consider that acceptable behaviour for any business.
Surely that's EXACTLY what a company based around a brand image should do?

Re;DH.
The landlord forgot to register "Dulwich Hamlet"....job done, just call themselves Dulwich Hamlet.

Back