1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by Danishfurniturelover, 24 Oct 2016.

1. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Andy Thompson

Totally agree.

Check out the voice hearing network. This isn’t the lady I worked with but they are both part of this network. Whatever is going on in your life, mental health difficulty or not, this lady shows there is light at the end of deeply difficult times. Her courage and intelligence blow me away.

Last edited: 15 May 2022
  2. Daisuk

Daisuk Jack Jull

Excellent. Thanks for sharing. I'm putting that on my watch list. :)

3. ricky2tricky4city

ricky2tricky4city Rafael Van Der Vaart

I can see you are some steps along a path, firstly from writing on here, and secondly from what you write. You are showing that you are beginning to understand your situation and at least have some headspace to explore that and be inquisitive. Well done mate, keep going, that is your light to follow for better times.

4. philspursuk

philspursuk Noé Pamarot

Had an in depth chat with an ex-colleague and friend of mine, something we do frequently, but one in particular he'd ask me what do I want in life, I gave the stock response to be happy amongst other things. He'd said that being happy is unrealistic, we can have moments of happiness but to be continually happy is completely unrealistic.
    Well, of course he's right, but thats why its important to reflect and cherish those happy moments, those days when you are genuinely happy and work out the elements that make them happy days.
    Friday we had platinum jubilee bbq with old friends, house music, laughed and sang, joked and cried with laughter.
    Saturday Wedding to attend and something I wasnt particuarly looking forward to it, home comforts and all that. But again the day was littered with laughs, great food and great company.
    Loved life :)
    *And no Im not back to work today - got the week off :)

5. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

6. El Guepardo

El Guepardo Christian Ziege

It’s ok thanks, bit up and down. It’s tough trying to study full time, but wanting to complete the course. I started it before things went awry. Would I have signed up for it now? Probably not but life changes.

how are you doing? I liked the podcasts that you guys have created for the site. Good jokes and material, professional job of it. Well done.

ricky2tricky4city likes this.
  7. greatwhitenorf

greatwhitenorf Mitchell Thomas

Got to see a troubled soul during a five-day stay in Montreal for a nephew's wedding. His father is someone I have always gotten along with but few other family members (my wife has four sisters with families) get along with him.

On wedding rehearsal night, we had dinner with the groom's parents and they offered us a drive back to our BnB. Traffic was chaos going there due to an evening cycling event closing down many streets in a broad loop. As he drove us there, he was quite pleasant and chatty, taking all the traffic congestion in stride. After dropping us off, it was a different story. My wife's sister told here next day that he was a raving lunatic, lurching about in traffic, swearing profusely out the window and pounding the steering wheel and dashboard.

After the wedding, as we were all enjoying drinks and chatting while the couple were getting photographed, I mentioned that it was sad two of our brothers in law couldn't attend with their wives and kids - for very forgivable reasons. "What about me!? What about the members of my family who aren't here?" he snapped.

He has several much older sisters - some too old to travel, others fully estranged from the groom and his siblings. They haven't had contact with any of us in the 30 or more years I've known my in-laws, despite several extensive family reunions over the years. But he just went off on a rant about their absence and how more should have been done to bring them to the wedding. When I reminded him that there was much to be happy about right in front of us, including his son marrying a wonderful woman, he snapped. "That's easy for you to say," and stomped off out a door to an adjoining courtyard.

Less than half an hour later, he was all smiles and dancing exuberantly. Maybe a little too exuberantly.

8. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Willie Hall

Good to hear overall, sounds like life being life. Yes, OK thanks. My Mum's passing in March was big, and there have certainly been ramifications, but generally all is OK. Thanks re:show, we have fun!