• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Does anyone suffer from mental illness on here?

I'd love to hear her talk, do you know if there are any ways to see one online?

My wife's cousin is suffering from schizophrenia/hearing voices, and has been in and out of psych wards. She's adamant that medicines are not helping her, and that she quite enjoys hearing the voices (or angels, as she calls them). They're kind to her and encourages her. The downside to her particular case of it is that the voices will often give her too much confidence, and will make her take a lot of irresponsible decisions. She's gambled away tons of money, she's started a ton of bizarre businesses that all amount to nothing but hot air (she tried to sell plastic wrapping for houses at one time) - but is adamant that her life is better with the voices rather than being on medicines and being without the voices (the medicines have all kinds of other nasty side effects for her, of course). So ... she prefers being happy and quite ... irresponsible, instead of unhappy and more responsible. Can't really blame her for that, but it's difficult for her family.

I've worked at various psych wards for short periods of time, and some of them ... goddamn, no wonder people don't get better. The state of the "treatment" people are getting are nothing short of a disgrace, even in a country like Norway, where we pride ourselves on such good healthcare. People basically just locked up in cells in these dreary dreary places, with no freedom (one dude had to keep asking for permission to smoke as much as he wanted to ffs) and with this incredibly hierarchical system above them that decides their every move - a lot of the psych ward guys just completely untrained, unskilled duds from the street who happens to be working there. One guy told me how he forced a patient to take a shower by shouting at him and physically pushing him into the showers. When I asked him if he was allowed to do that (I was a student at the time), he just shrugged and said "how else are we gonna get him to shower?". A lot of these people are just completely without basic human rights, even in the year 2022. It's a disgrace. I really hope, as you say, that mental illnesses will continue to become normalized, and something we treat with more dignity and normalcy in the years to come, because what we're doing now is doing more harm than good for most people.

Totally agree.

Check out the voice hearing network. This isn’t the lady I worked with but they are both part of this network. Whatever is going on in your life, mental health difficulty or not, this lady shows there is light at the end of deeply difficult times. Her courage and intelligence blow me away.

Last edited:
Totally agree.

Check out the voice hearing network. This isn’t the lady I worked with but they are both part of this network. Whatever is going on in your life, mental health difficulty or not, this lady shows there is light at the end of deeply difficult times. Her courage and intelligence blow me away.

Excellent. Thanks for sharing. I'm putting that on my watch list. :)

Honestly it’s weird. There is no objective reality, that’s something that I have learned over time. Instead we each have our own individual reality created within our minds from the stimuli around us. Our reality will be based upon our senses, our values, our memories etc and we will all have a different take on what happens and what is there.
Unfortunately, when the brain is misfiring then it starts to create illusions and we gain a false belief over life which can be very damaging. So in the end we get trapped by our own minds.

That’s a very short version but over the past year I have developed a very strong interest in learning about consciousness, reality, spirituality and other connected matters.

My head is still feeling spaced out and not quite with it now so sorry if I’ve written out a jumbled mess.
I can see you are some steps along a path, firstly from writing on here, and secondly from what you write. You are showing that you are beginning to understand your situation and at least have some headspace to explore that and be inquisitive. Well done mate, keep going, that is your light to follow for better times.

Had an in depth chat with an ex-colleague and friend of mine, something we do frequently, but one in particular he'd ask me what do I want in life, I gave the stock response to be happy amongst other things. He'd said that being happy is unrealistic, we can have moments of happiness but to be continually happy is completely unrealistic.
Well, of course he's right, but thats why its important to reflect and cherish those happy moments, those days when you are genuinely happy and work out the elements that make them happy days.
Friday we had platinum jubilee bbq with old friends, house music, laughed and sang, joked and cried with laughter.
Saturday Wedding to attend and something I wasnt particuarly looking forward to it, home comforts and all that. But again the day was littered with laughs, great food and great company.
Loved life :)
*And no Im not back to work today - got the week off :)

How are you doing @El Guepardo?

It’s ok thanks, bit up and down. It’s tough trying to study full time, but wanting to complete the course. I started it before things went awry. Would I have signed up for it now? Probably not but life changes.

how are you doing? I liked the podcasts that you guys have created for the site. Good jokes and material, professional job of it. Well done.

Got to see a troubled soul during a five-day stay in Montreal for a nephew's wedding. His father is someone I have always gotten along with but few other family members (my wife has four sisters with families) get along with him.

On wedding rehearsal night, we had dinner with the groom's parents and they offered us a drive back to our BnB. Traffic was chaos going there due to an evening cycling event closing down many streets in a broad loop. As he drove us there, he was quite pleasant and chatty, taking all the traffic congestion in stride. After dropping us off, it was a different story. My wife's sister told here next day that he was a raving lunatic, lurching about in traffic, swearing profusely out the window and pounding the steering wheel and dashboard.

After the wedding, as we were all enjoying drinks and chatting while the couple were getting photographed, I mentioned that it was sad two of our brothers in law couldn't attend with their wives and kids - for very forgivable reasons. "What about me!? What about the members of my family who aren't here?" he snapped.

He has several much older sisters - some too old to travel, others fully estranged from the groom and his siblings. They haven't had contact with any of us in the 30 or more years I've known my in-laws, despite several extensive family reunions over the years. But he just went off on a rant about their absence and how more should have been done to bring them to the wedding. When I reminded him that there was much to be happy about right in front of us, including his son marrying a wonderful woman, he snapped. "That's easy for you to say," and stomped off out a door to an adjoining courtyard.

Less than half an hour later, he was all smiles and dancing exuberantly. Maybe a little too exuberantly.

It’s ok thanks, bit up and down. It’s tough trying to study full time, but wanting to complete the course. I started it before things went awry. Would I have signed up for it now? Probably not but life changes.

how are you doing? I liked the podcasts that you guys have created for the site. Good jokes and material, professional job of it. Well done.

Good to hear overall, sounds like life being life. Yes, OK thanks. My Mum's passing in March was big, and there have certainly been ramifications, but generally all is OK. Thanks re:show, we have fun!

Good to hear overall, sounds like life being life. Yes, OK thanks. My Mum's passing in March was big, and there have certainly been ramifications, but generally all is OK. Thanks re:show, we have fun!

Don't know why what I wrote did not come out.

Been struggling a bit myself recently. It gets hard fighting every bloody day. Gets a bit to exhausting and that is when the depression creeps up on you.

I do all the good working practices but it is so tiring.

My insomnia does not help.

Last edited:
Don't know why what I wrote did not come out.

Been struggling a bit myself recently. It gets hard fighting every bloody day. Gets a bit to exhausting and that is when the depression creeps up on you.

I do all the good working practices but it is so tiring.

My insomnia does not help.

It is indeed harder slogging these days mate..the combo of times we’re in, proliferation of clams in general and advancing age does not help. Sounds like you’re doing the best you can mate but yes, I think many of us empathize…

It is indeed harder slogging these days mate..the combo of times we’re in, proliferation of clams in general and advancing age does not help. Sounds like you’re doing the best you can mate but yes, I think many of us empathize…

The are some days I just run out of energy. Not helped by the fact that I have to maintain such a high standard of fitness to counter my condition and also my consultant has said about the stem cell surgery I'm having again in January in China. That I need to keep on top of it because the chemo they give ypu(despite not having cancer) before the stem cells nearly knocked you for 6 last time.

Did not knocked for 6 it put me in a fcuking comatose state for 3 weeks. Good news is I'm only slightly worse then diagnosed 6 years ago. I'm just venting, really don't want to go through it all again even though I know it's good for me.

So Sunday I night I did something I never thought was possible and I tried to take my own life.

Went down to the shed with a bottlefull of my pills and took the lot. My wife came down from bed at 11pm wish she never does and realised I was not there or In bed and went to look for me.

Her screams seemed to wake half the close.

Monday was having my stomach pumped in Brighton and today my new home for the foresable mill view hospital in Hove. I have let so many people down and did not even see it coming.

I'm running out of steam with this parkinson's.

So Sunday I night I did something I never thought was possible and I tried to take my own life.

Went down to the shed with a bottlefull of my pills and took the lot. My wife came down from bed at 11pm wish she never does and realised I was not there or In bed and went to look for me.

Monday was having my stomach pumped in Brighton and today my new home for the foresable mill view hospital in Hove. I have let so many people down and did not even see it coming.

Jeez mate, really sad to hear that things seem so desperate.
Not got a clue what to say except so glad your wife found you in time, you still owe me a pint!
Hope you can get the help and support you need, I'm sure we're all rooting for you.

Please don't suffer in silence. We need you bro. I've come back to post on here just because I care about you, you colossal bellend.

Get help. Be kind to yourself. I'll send you nudes if you want. What ever. But be OK please.

Ben. I can't even imagine what you're going through dealing with Parkinsons, physically and mentally. I'm just so sincerely sorry that it has led you to this point. You haven't let anyone down, you hit your rock bottom and that I can fully relate. I'm so glad your wife found you because it's not your time yet mate. I know you know that, so get as much help as you need and keep communicating.

When you're ready, we're all going on a seaside tour for a custard party. Stay strong mate, you've got this x

Hi mate....thanks for posting, mainly because you're willing to share your plight, the upset with your world and the bricky hand you've been dealt. You're sharing that and that's a good thing.

I hope your hospital room has as a window (it says it has a view:)). Just take a minute if you can to gaze, at nothing in particular at first, but the world outside you wanted to leave. Maybe you'll spot something beautiful or of interest. That'll be your first reason to stay.
Xxx

Mr Danish - you got this. You've been in plenty of scrapes and always find the right path. I guess you're as shocked as we are?

Thank ghod your wife found you. I am so sorry you felt this way but your wife found you, it wasn't meant to be your time to go.
It has always seemed that you have a lovely family who you think the world of - I am sure they do not feel you have let them down, not at all. Let them help you, and take all the help and support you can from wherever it comes. Take your time to get through this. You will get through it.
Take care, x.

Like lots of others on here, I’m just glad you’re still around buddy.

You obviously deal with a lot every day as a result of your condition, but it’s obvious from your posts that you’ve got people in your life who love you, and lots of folk on here who admire your wit, your honesty…and who frequently laugh our gonad*s off at some of the more random posts!

It will all feel raw at the minute, I’m sure, but you’re in the right place to give yourself time and space in the coming days to just be. No pressure to do anything but rest and take all the help offered.

Take care, buddy. x

Wow, sorry to hear that mate. You would have been greatly missed on here, let alone in your real life. Hope you get the help you need.

Back