• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Did we ever try and sign chris bart willams?

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
I know we got close with lionel morgan but these was some years later.

Remember a game at the lane against sheff wed where he was absolutely outstanding in defence think it was not long after the england under 21s had won the championship and i thought he would get 100 caps for england. I was wrong.

He was awesome in Chanpionship Manager, the 94 one I think. He played as a MARC and scored phenomenal levels of goals!!

I knew Chris and played in the same side as his brother (who ended up in the NBA). Wood Green lad who went through the top teams (Grasshoppers, Apex Arvensdale, Leyton Orient Youth).

It's reported he is a Spurs fan but I'm sure he was a Liverpool fan (shoddy memory so might be wrong).

Nice kid too

I know we got close with lionel morgan but these was some years later.

Remember a game at the lane against sheff wed where he was absolutely outstanding in defence think it was not long after the england under 21s had won the championship and i thought he would get 100 caps for england. I was wrong.

you remember him? lol, he was meant to be the second coming. i had a friend who played in the youth team with him at wimbledon and couldnt speak higher of him as a player

I knew Chris and played in the same side as his brother (who ended up in the NBA). Wood Green lad who went through the top teams (Grasshoppers, Apex Arvensdale, Leyton Orient Youth).

It's reported he is a Spurs fan but I'm sure he was a Liverpool fan (shoddy memory so might be wrong).

Nice kid too

I played with Chris at Grasshoppers in Walthamstow for 4 or 5 years and then we both moved to Apex at the same time, it was when Apex was first set up, before they had merged with Arvensdale.

My Dad ended up representing Chris as his agent and negotiated his deals at Orient and then Sheffield Wednesday. Chris was a superb talent, the first time I ever saw him play he was 9 years old and hitting inswinging corners left footed from the right and right footed from the left and reaching the far post with them.

Chris was indeed always a Liverpool supporter. It was about the only thin that I didn't like about him ;) h was a really nice kid/bloke, one of those people who had loads of talent but wasn't ****y with it. Should've gone on to do more in the game really.... Just like another kid of the same age at the same time of equal (many even greater) talent... our very own Jeff Minton.

I play with my best mate every Friday night at indoor who was at Millwall when
He was 17/18. Had horrendous problems with his knees and is now 3 stone over weight.
Still without doubt the best touch I have ever seen on hisleft side, you just cant get the ball
off him unreal. Have no doubt he would have been a superstar but for his knees.

I played with Chris at Grasshoppers in Walthamstow for 4 or 5 years and then we both moved to Apex at the same time, it was when Apex was first set up, before they had merged with Arvensdale.

My Dad ended up representing Chris as his agent and negotiated his deals at Orient and then Sheffield Wednesday. Chris was a superb talent, the first time I ever saw him play he was 9 years old and hitting inswinging corners left footed from the right and right footed from the left and reaching the far post with them.

Chris was indeed always a Liverpool supporter. It was about the only thin that I didn't like about him ;) h was a really nice kid/bloke, one of those people who had loads of talent but wasn't ****y with it. Should've gone on to do more in the game really.... Just like another kid of the same age at the same time of equal (many even greater) talent... our very own Jeff Minton.

Real interesting post, thanks for sharing.

Always thought Bart-Williams was a player who should have gone further in the game.

One of those players we often went in for but at a time we were poor and Wednesday and Notts Forrest were better. Funny really, when people want to judge where Spurs are now just look back at those days....

Back