• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dempsey

Re: Dempsey Sold Official

There is actually a clever reason behind Gallas wearing the 10 shirt at Scumnal. The number 10 shirt had been vacated by Bergkamp, and by giving Gallas, a defender, that shirt it removed the burden of whoever had to follow Bergkamp in wearing that shirt.

That is clever, I hope we also learn from this.

Hopefully, we will give the hallowed 'Number 2' shirt to someone like a right back, for example. This will take the pressure off our new £26m record signing, Spanish International, Soldado. I for one, don't want him to have the monkey on his back all season of having to try to emulate the landslide 12 goals that the legendary Deuce Dempsey bagged for us in his historic and unprecedented long 12 months stay.

Giving Soldado say the 9, or 10 shirt - something with little to no significance at Spurs, and allowing Kyle Naughton to absorb the loss of Clint, seems a logical and pragmatic solution to me.

Or maybe we should just retire the number 2, a la Maldini.

There are still so much mystery on why Dempsey left Spurs. Now, Dempsey says he returned to US because he was homesick. Find it hard to believe that as he was with Fulham for 5 years. Wish we had kept him for 1 more year, or atleast until January. I never like it when we sell a player after just 1 season, unless they want to leave themselves. I think all the players should be given more than 1 season to show their worth. Sometimes, it takes a whole season for the new players to settle down at any club.

If we were going to sell one of him or Sig or Holtby I guess he's the best one to sell. That's only due to age really, Holtby has shown a lot less for us.

If we were going to sell one of him or Sig or Holtby I guess he's the best one to sell. That's only due to age really, Holtby has shown a lot less for us.

To early to be thinking of selling Holtby, in terms of age and time at the club. Sig too, hasn't really done much wrong, weighed in with important goals. At worst, all three have proven to be adequate squad players and we need a few of them. Right now, we could do with an adequate centre back.

Not every player that plays for Spurs can be a world class superstar. Can't we just be grateful for the decent squad we have? (I'm not intending this as a dig at you Mosquito_Coating, just a general thought on how dismissive some comments are towards our regular playing squad members)

Did you notice the woman at 2:07 in that video above?

She's holding a massive sign saying C LI N T

clint.png

[video=youtube;zFr5MM7EdGw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFr5MM7EdGw[/video]

this is pretty cool - good luck for him - think we will miss his goals.

wow, surprised with the turn out in the stadium, was this a match day turn out or just for Dempsey? Either way pretty good crowd, hope football becomes big out there!

I think Clint had a lot of great movement in games but due to our shoot on sight tactic he never got a through ball but instead had to try to feed off the scraps. A really intelligent player, but perhaps with Sigs and Holtby would not have gotten enough game time for a player of his talent. Good luck CL INT ! !

wow, surprised with the turn out in the stadium, was this a match day turn out or just for Dempsey? Either way pretty good crowd, hope football becomes big out there!

You didn't watch the video did you? It was before a game.

Rumours starting already about Dempsey loan move. No doubt he will take an EPL loan to stay sharp in World Cup year. Us, Fulham and Everton being mentioned as destinations. I think it would be a good move for us to bring him in again, especially as our goals aren't exactly flowing

Rumours starting already about Dempsey loan move. No doubt he will take an EPL loan to stay sharp in World Cup year. Us, Fulham and Everton being mentioned as destinations. I think it would be a good move for us to bring him in again, especially as our goals aren't exactly flowing

So who would he get in ahead of? Siggy, Lennon, Townsend, Lamela, Eriksen, Holtby??

We don't need him. I liked him whilst he was with us but we need to move on and find the right balance in our team.

In a heartbeat.

Good player, but I struggle to see where he would fit in with all of our new signings. While I rate Dempsey, there are plenty others I rate a little higher. Don't think he'd get much playing time for us, to be honest.

Was good for us, we miss the s****py goals he provided and the numerous assists, however we have moved on and have a number of different players that we should be using before even thinking about getting someone else in.

Would say he is better than some of the options we currently have, but that the options we have need game time.

That said, I would not be surprised if he ended up coming over and training with us for a bit.

Good player, but I struggle to see where he would fit in with all of our new signings. While I rate Dempsey, there are plenty others I rate a little higher. Don't think he'd get much playing time for us, to be honest.

Agree fully. We already have players overflowing from the bench even that can't make the match day squad and players on the bench that need playing time. Signing a loan player like Dempsey makes little to no sense.

Back