• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Dele Alli

I cannot help but think that he has too much fun despite not being in the team. He is a professional footballer with a manager who is questioning his professionalism and his dedication. Should he not be mad at being left out of most squads, rather than playing cricket with the lads? José has done well/been lucky with Tanguy's transformation, but I am not sure if he can do the trick with Dele. Obviously, that would be a real loss for us. Maybe Thursday's game will show us where he stands right now.

I cannot help but think that he has too much fun despite not being in the team. He is a professional footballer with a manager who is questioning his professionalism and his dedication. Should he not be mad at being left out of most squads, rather than playing cricket with the lads? José has done well/been lucky with Tanguy's transformation, but I am not sure if he can do the trick with Dele. Obviously, that would be a real loss for us. Maybe Thursday's game will show us where he stands right now.

Give the lad a break. The two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. I'd imagine he is thoroughly mad at not making the squads (we've seen enough times in the past how he reacts to being substituted) but at the same time he's not using his agent to moan about it in the media. Just because we are not hearing it doesn't mean that isn't how he feels about it.
I see evidence that he is still enjoying his working environment as being a good thing. He's not off sulking during a break in training.
None of us know what conversations Mourinho has had with Dele and maybe it's just something that isn't going to work out, which would be a huge shame.
But to berate him for having a bit of fun with his team-mates (at work, not out and about socially) seems a bit much.

Give the lad a break. The two things don't have to be mutually exclusive. I'd imagine he is thoroughly mad at not making the squads (we've seen enough times in the past how he reacts to being substituted) but at the same time he's not using his agent to moan about it in the media. Just because we are not hearing it doesn't mean that isn't how he feels about it.
I see evidence that he is still enjoying his working environment as being a good thing. He's not off sulking during a break in training.
None of us know what conversations Mourinho has had with Dele and maybe it's just something that isn't going to work out, which would be a huge shame.
But to berate him for having a bit of fun with his team-mates (at work, not out and about socially) seems a bit much.

I absolutely agree with everything you are saying, especially about not sulking and using his agent. I just wonder if Mourinho feels the same way. Given what we've seen so far this season, culminating in the half-time substitution in Antwerp, I do not really see how he gets back into the team. And if he does, he will have to hit the ground running.

I don't really get the gnashing of teeth about how much fun he's having or or the not exactly excessive promotional work he does. He's doesn't even do that much.

If he were in the team and playing well no one would complain so likewise just because he's no longer a key starter we shouldn't complain especially when he isn't even kicking up a fuss himself.

It seems as if the fans want him to be that guy to such an extent that we actually complaining that he isn't kicking up a fuss. [emoji2367]

I absolutely agree with everything you are saying, especially about not sulking and using his agent. I just wonder if Mourinho feels the same way. Given what we've seen so far this season, culminating in the half-time substitution in Antwerp, I do not really see how he gets back into the team. And if he does, he will have to hit the ground running.
Well the cricket might help with that :)

You know the press would latch on about any rumblings about agitating for a move or playing up in training so it has to be to his credit that nothing has come out. Even Winks has had more aggressive demands about game time attributed to him!

There should be little doubt this is hurting him, it’s been a huge fall from grace that I still feel has one of a few reasons for being a little excessive. Either Mourinho thinks that his ceiling is so high he needs a massive kick up the arse to reach it, he has blatantly ignored direct instructions during a match or Mourinho needs to sell him to fund a move for another position. I can see a case of him not fitting the system but he’s still plenty good enough to be rotated in for Europa games imo

All of a sudden have this sneaky feeling that Dele is going to be REALLY key for us by middle of December after some absolutely barnstorming performances over the next few weeks....

Dele needs to see the cup games as his opportunity, Thursday would be a good start (if from beginning or off bench).

He can (and should) dominate that level of opposition, and it would be a great help to the team (from a rotation/rest perspective in next few weeks)

You had a hammer stuck in the back of your head and your parents took photos?
p037p15v.jpg

I do not have a problem with Alli enjoying a game of cricket with his team mates, what he needs to do now is improve his performances and make sure Jose has to pick him, it really is in his hands. I do not believe for one minute that Jose has turned his back on him and as i say its down to Alli to show Jose that he should be in the team and to do that he needs to up his game.

And out of genuine curiosity, why would/should it not be possible? There's even pictures of it.
I'm just thinking of the physics. How could a child hit themselves in the back of their own head so hard, that the claw penetrates the skull (but not the brain) and remains stuck in place, when let go. Surely that would result in brain injury and severe hospitalisation, it just doesn't seem physically possible. That's all.

I'm just thinking of the physics. How could a child hit themselves in the back of their own head so hard, that the claw penetrates the skull (but not the brain) and remains stuck in place, when let go. Surely that would result in brain injury and severe hospitalisation, it just doesn't seem physically possible. That's all.
Well there has been some evidence of a brain injury...

I might have exaggerated a little bit. It's not like it was planted there for minutes. It just stuck and slowly fell out (according to my brother). It didn't actually hurt that much, at least I don't remember it being particularly painful. Still feel the two dents in the back of my head, just in the transition between the skull and the neck.

Either Mourinho thinks that his ceiling is so high he needs a massive kick up the arse to reach it, he has blatantly ignored direct instructions during a match or Mourinho needs to sell him to fund a move for another position.
Or, he's simply going through a particularly rough patch of form that in turn has led to a loss of confidence.

He's looking to me like a player who's lost his way, resulting in him overdoing things to try and get back what came naturally a few seasons back.

He KNOWS he can do it, it's just he's forgotten how.

It'll come.

Or, he's simply going through a particularly rough patch of form that in turn has led to a loss of confidence.

He's looking to me like a player who's lost his way, resulting in him overdoing things to try and get back what came naturally a few seasons back.

He KNOWS he can do it, it's just he's forgotten how.

It'll come.
I think this is the bit I’m not sure about. Considering he was playing well under Mourinho, was then injured and was on the bench for the last game of the season, then started against Everton I’m still trying to fathom what he did in that 45 minutes to get hooked, dropped from prem squads and to not even getting off the bench in a Europa game.
I guess as Ndombele and lo Celso are being used in as an either or it takes away an AM spot on the bench and maybe the same for Europa if Jose wants to get minutes in both players as neither are doing regular 90 mins.

I think this is the bit I’m not sure about. Considering he was playing well under Mourinho, was then injured and was on the bench for the last game of the season, then started against Everton I’m still trying to fathom what he did in that 45 minutes to get hooked, dropped from prem squads and to not even getting off the bench in a Europa game.
I guess as Ndombele and lo Celso are being used in as an either or it takes away an AM spot on the bench and maybe the same for Europa if Jose wants to get minutes in both players as neither are doing regular 90 mins.
TBH I'm not sure either. Maybe he was given specific instructions as to what was required of him by Jose who concluded he hadn't been following them. It may have been a simple tactical switch in response to the way the game was progressing. But we have no way of knowing.

Generally speaking though the Dele I was watching early in the season was trying hard enough but most of what he was trying was not coming off. Too many flicks and tricks, misplacing passes, shooting wildly when he should have passed, not using his telepathic intelligence to arrive in dangerous positions etc. Those things speak to me of a player right out of form, someone who's lost his way and is possibly trying to hard.

But of course I could be way off trck here. Some have argued he relied a lot on Eriksen to feed him the passes that helped him score so many in the past. Others that he simply does not fit into Jose's siystem, that he's been squeezed out by the arrival of Bale, Ndombele, Lo Celso, even maybe Hojbjerg.

Reality is at the end of the day none of us really knows what is going on. But a player of his consummate ability will surely bounce back eventually. The only question in my mind is whether it will be for us or some other club.

TBH I'm not sure either. Maybe he was given specific instructions as to what was required of him by Jose who concluded he hadn't been following them. It may have been a simple tactical switch in response to the way the game was progressing. But we have no way of knowing.

Generally speaking though the Dele I was watching early in the season was trying hard enough but most of what he was trying was not coming off. Too many flicks and tricks, misplacing passes, shooting wildly when he should have passed, not using his telepathic intelligence to arrive in dangerous positions etc. Those things speak to me of a player right out of form, someone who's lost his way and is possibly trying to hard.

But of course I could be way off trck here. Some have argued he relied a lot on Eriksen to feed him the passes that helped him score so many in the past. Others that he simply does not fit into Jose's siystem, that he's been squeezed out by the arrival of Bale, Ndombele, Lo Celso, even maybe Hojbjerg.

Reality is at the end of the day none of us really knows what is going on. But a player of his consummate ability will surely bounce back eventually. The only question in my mind is whether it will be for us or some other club.
I think it’s always difficult to force your way back in, playing less, playing in a disjointed Europa team, coming on as sub, trying to do something different to stand out, maybe even having the standard of opposition levelled as a reason to dismiss performance.
I do wonder if he will ever get back to the peak goal machine he was, partly as our teams style players and of play has evolved and maybe it was just a perfect storm of playing off Eriksen and Kane and also having a solid back 6 which gave him a freedom and confidence to play in a way that can it be replicated. I’m hoping he can reinvent himself as a number 8, I hope he doesn’t take the easy option and just drop deeper and recycle the ball simply and use his athleticism to close down passing angles as that would be a waste of his ability in close quarters.

Back