1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice

Danny Rose - Tottenham Press Officer

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by JellySpur, 30 Apr 2012.

1. Robspur12

Robspur12 Jermaine Jenas

That's right after we were denied a stonewall penalty.

thfcsteff likes this.
  2. awesome dawson

awesome dawson Teemu Tainio

Google this Danny and hopefully your cross delivery completion percentage will rise.

3. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Colin Calderwood Staff Member

That penalty was so obvious yet NO-ONE has mentioned it!!!!!

4. MKSpur

MKSpur Eidur Gudjohnsen

I know he’s a gent with a no blame culture but I do wish Poch would occasionally raise some of the poor decisions we’ve seeen, not necessarily to put pressure on refs in future games but for their performance levels to at least be put under some scrutiny. I know it’s a tough job but we seem to have gone to the extreme when it comes to accountability. In this game, it may have been that the ref missed the push and it would be great if they could say afterward if I’d seen it it would have been a pen or I thought Moura was already on his way down etc but the two different interpretations of the advantage rule is something that really stood out for me in this game.

5. Glenda's Legs

Glenda's Legs Justin Edinburgh

I suspect he does raise them but not via the media.
    I recall in his book it mentions a pre-season when he had a video compiled of incorrect refereeing decisions that had gone against us in the previous season, which he showed to a contingent of referees (or the head of the referees association, can't remember exact detail).
    I am not saying that is going to be the most effective way to handle things, just that I don't think he necessarily accepts things without comment, rather he comments behind the scenes.
    He is also frequently seen "conversing" with the 4th official so again, I am sure he is making his feelings known. I can't see a time where we will get refs commenting on their own decisions though.

Like you I do sometimes wish he would be more vocal, but that's only then a few steps away from becoming a Wenger or a Warnock, and overall I prefer the respectful Poch.

MKSpur likes this.
  6. monkeybarry

monkeybarry Vedran Corluka

Exactly that.
    That's the prodesprofes and respectful way to do it.
    Refs are human (sort of) - they make mistakes. But they are essential to the game.
    Respect them and work with them to improve standards.
    It's also the decent human thing to do.
    And, as refs are human, they are going have more respect for us doing it the right way.

7. MKSpur

MKSpur Eidur Gudjohnsen

I do not disagree and at the lower levels it’s even more important. Grown men mimic the professional game and unless there is zero tolerance of players mouthing off to a ref on tv, the impact is much bigger when some poor sod is getting paid £20 to be abused by 22 chavs, especially as without him there would be no game.

There’s not much I like about egg chasing but there does seem to be a culture of respect all the way through the game, it would only take one or two games for behaviour to change, in the same way the back pass rule has just become part of the game.

Poch has said he likes people to gain competitive advantages, so tactical fouls, timewasting seem to be acceptable but I guess he doesn’t see highlighting these things publically as something that falls into this bracket, although I’m sure Fergie would have advocated over their dinner!

8. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Simon Davies

One thing we really should take from the egg game is a play clock.
    Time wasting is killing the game.
    15 seconds after you receive the ball it should be back in play. If not a booking and turn the ball over.

SteveAWOL, MKSpur and StephenH like this.
  9. StephenH

StephenH Tom Huddlestone

Goal kicks 20 sec from when the keeper 'touches' the ball. If he fart arts about with it the clock is ticking. Yellow card.

10. glasgowspur

glasgowspur Simon Davies

20 seconds is too long imo, we need to put pressure on the game to flow.
    15 secs from when they touch it with any part of their body or from when the ball is returned to the pitch, any part of the pitch not the part where its to be played from

11. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Dimitar Berbatov

The difference has made lately in games has been immense

He gives us so much more aggression and drive than we have had for some time down that side

Robbo, SteveAWOL, Hotspur75 and 4 others like this.
  12. StephenH

StephenH Tom Huddlestone

He is ‘The Man’ puts the fire in the teams belly!

Bedfordspurs likes this.
  13. Bedfordspurs

Opposition fans hate him

That’s a great sign

14. Mosquito_Coasting

Mosquito_Coasting Ramon Vega

Loved Rose whispering in Vardy's ear before that pen. Got to fight poison with poison.

Rorschach, Robbo, DeanoAustin and 4 others like this.
  15. thfcsteff

thfcsteff Colin Calderwood Staff Member

Another game where he has once again reminded me I was wrong to write him off. Another game where he showed he is getting close to his old self.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Robbo, Robspur12, harr1984 and 2 others like this.
  16. benp

benp John Gorman

i wonder what he said? vardy took such a brick penalty

17. SteveAWOL

SteveAWOL Pat van den Hauwe

“Yeah, you, walk on” to remind Vardy that even if he scores the penalty everyone still knows he’s a racist?!

18. Hootnow

Hootnow Gerry Armstrong

I noticed this and absolutely loved it. We should do so much more of this. Rose is a prick (as are Alli, Vertonghen, Lamela etc) but I love that about them.

19. benp

benp John Gorman

ive just noticed that he goes in for a bit of afters once he's missed. what a tool! my mate knows him in real life; can't share how, but let it be known that my mate thinks he is the biggest prick he has met in a while. don't mind if he's gonna get results like that :)

20. Bedfordspurs

Who Rose?

Ive met him and my mates daughter has been out on a few dates with him and she said he was really nice, just bloody quiet

When I met him he was sound and took the tinkle out of us a bit which was warranted

Robspur12 likes this.