• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Danny Ings - Burnley's Number 10

Not disagreeing, but you left out the context that those 100 games took 3 seasons, in same period as example Son played 140 games, and despite being the same age Son has played 150 (that would be an extra 4+ seasons of Ings) more games in his career.

Good player, but a big risk at his age to be pushing £30M his way ..

I would have comfortable with him as a backup (knowing you weren't going to get 50 games out of him), but for Villa he's going to be their man man?
They have Watkins already so not necessarily. Competition for places is a good motivator.

I thought he was making noises about joining a (non South Coast) big club? To play in the CL etc? Guess that offer never turned up.

Given his injury record and contract situation, I'd say that was a lot of money, but I guess they're getting a payday from Abu Dhabi FC so don't need to haggle too much.

Not disagreeing, but you left out the context that those 100 games took 3 seasons, in same period as example Son played 140 games, and despite being the same age Son has played 150 (that would be an extra 4+ seasons of Ings) more games in his career.

I would have comfortable with him as a backup (knowing you weren't going to get 50 games out of him), but for Villa he's going to be their man man?
Son scored 60 goals in that period so has a lower strike rate in better side. Kane would be the better comparison and we know he would be ahead. Kane is a year younger too.

The price suggested in most places was £25m. £25m for a 1 in 2 striker proven in the PL. A decent price. Villa have done good business again (they have done lots of good business these past couple of years). This would've been a great deal for us I think. Would've really taken the pressure out of the Harry Kane situation. I expect we'll instead go into the first 3 PL games of the season without a striker. Villa on the other hand are ensuring that they have two strikers to allow for injury/suspension/resting players.

Interesting that a lot of the people that think Ings is overpriced and state his age and his injury record are the same people that think Harry Kane is worth so much. If we think that Harry Kane is worth upwards of £160m then I don't think we can call £25m for Danny Ings overpriced - especially when Ings salary is also half of Kane's.

Last edited:
The price suggested in most places was £25m. £25m for a 1 in 2 striker proven in the PL. A decent price. Villa have done good business again (they have done lots of good business these past couple of years). This would've been a great deal for us I think. Would've really taken the pressure out of the Harry Kane situation. I expect we'll instead go into the first 3 PL games of the season without a striker. Villa on the other hand are ensuring that they have two strikers to allow for injury/suspension/resting players.

Interesting that a lot of the people that think Ings is overpriced and state his age and his injury record are the same people that think Harry Kane is worth so much. If we think that Harry Kane is worth upwards of £160m then I don't think we can call £25m for Danny Ings overpriced - especially when Ings salary is also half of Kane's.
All fair calls
Villa in the last 18 months have done IMO exceptional business
They are investing in the right price bracket with some low risk signings and some that are more “gambles”
But of they pay off they can get a top 4 place with nothing else to focus on

It's amazing to see sincere and genuine communication directly from the executive level to their fan base.

Maybe it will start a trend that we will follow.

It's amazing to see sincere and genuine communication directly from the executive level to their fan base.

Maybe it will start a trend that we will follow.
Isn’t this what our new director of football has done in his previous jobs?

Son would also cost a hell of a lot more than £30m!

Back