1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

Daniel Levy - Chairman

Discussion in 'Spurs News & Views' started by Howard Webb, 8 Feb 2012.

1. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Nick Barmby

If they don't then they could be in for a rude awakening. We may well have a lovely stadium but how much will people be prepared to pay for tickets and corporate seats to watch midtable or Europa League football (or even no Europa League at all). We know that in the PL if you stand still you go backwards. There are a lot of ambitious clubs with owners prepared to fund attempts to push them forward out of their own pocket.

While we were in the Champions League with a full quota of corporates and sponsors queuing up to be involved with us and a debt of about £350 million we may well have been worth £1.5 billion. With Europa League football (perhaps) demand for corporates and sponsors declining and a whopping £825 million of debt, I don't think ENIC would have a hope in hell of achieving £1.5 billion for this football club (unless that price included paying off the debt)

Without outside (or inside) investment into this club it is not going to get any bigger or become worth any more. The only way ENIC could increase their worth in which case would be to attempt to survive in the PL on the cheap while paying down the debt as quickly as possible and hope to get a buyer when that debt position looks far better.

P.D. likes this.
  2. billyiddo

billyiddo David Ginola Staff Member

We got where we were through good planning and without spending big bucks - we have more money than we did then so no reason to think we can't rebuild ourselves again.

Once we rebuild we will have a better foundation to maintain and improve our level than was the case previously. If Poch had the benefits of the new stadium the year we finshed 2nd onward we'd likely have kicked on further, as an example.

Will take a couple of years though, longer if we keep the current manager

Baleforce likes this.
  3. Finney Is Back

Finney Is Back Nick Barmby

We had pretty much zero debt. We now have over £800 million of it, despite the manager massively overachieving and bringing in probably £300 million+ of unexpected revenue prior to the stadium opening. There aren't many Pochettino's out there unfortunately. I don't expect our Chairman to luck out on another one.

4. Bedfordspurs

Bedfordspurs Steve Sedgley

Well I see a great one at Brighton now in Potter
    The guy has them playing great football and would be even better with better players

Finney Is Back and P.D. like this.
  5. billyiddo

We've generally seen a steady curve of progression since Levy/ENIC took over with the odd set back along the way. The idea we luck out on good managers doesn't stack up.

800m debt with comfortable repayments set out and the capability to turnover/profit much much higher, come on why are you even questioning the clubs improved financial position? You aren't dumb

scaramanga, Raziel and Baleforce like this.
  6. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

It wasn't luck, we didn't pull his name out of a hat.

scaramanga likes this.
  7. tw12yid

tw12yid Nico Claesen

Biggest problem here is how many of these players does the current manager rate. Personally think we have a squad of players bought for a system and a coach who isn’t here. Were things going South under Poch, yes they were. Could he have been given more time, possible. However we have now got a manager whose philosophy is different to the old coach. We should have got a coach it that the current squad would suit. This is now our problem imo.

8. metalgear

metalgear Christian Ziege

We spent rather big on Jack Clarke too, as a result Leeds got better we got worse!

Sent from my SM-T865 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

9. Baleforce

Baleforce Fanny Walden

they don't have to rate them, they have to work with what they've got

10. billyiddo

He said we had a team good enough to challenge for the league after joining, so presumably he thought there was enough there to work with

11. Bedfordspurs

Be great to get his thoughts now that he has worked with them
    People get blinkered by the talent and historical performances without knowing the character or mindset of the player/s

glasgowspur, parklane1 and Baleforce like this.
  12. billyiddo

My guess is he'd now be talking of a rebuild of some kind...

13. Bedfordspurs

400%
    Something along the lines of
    I came here knowing the talent they had, but now I know they haven’t got the balls for the fight
    It’s a shame but their all good guys and they just cannot become nasty
    Now their work rate reminds me of Adebeyaor once he has a contract and we all know what a clam he was
    I will rebuild the team in my image until I’m told not too

glasgowspur likes this.
  14. StephenH

StephenH Chris Jones

that takes care of the next 5 years and I'm still far from sure we can finance it due to COVID

15. billyiddo

Has he got the know-how or desire to succeed in these circumstances is my concern? A long rebuild on a budget is not what he thought he was signing up for

Last edited: 15 Sep 2020
  16. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

Guess who has the agenda against Levy, good old Dubai

17. Bedfordspurs

Nope he signed up to spend the money we would have made from filing that stadium
    Covid has kicked us all in the balls

Baleforce likes this.
  18. parklane1

parklane1 Les Howe

A lot of the players have been IMO stealing a living for the last 12 months or so starting from the begining of last season. Poch had lost them and it was pretty obvious to see and the hope was that Jose could kick them up the arse and get them going again, in some games it seemed to have worked but others it has not.

Its still too early ( one game into a new season) to know if it is going to change but they were some players out there against Everton who should be ashamed of their efforts IMO.

glasgowspur and Baleforce like this.
  19. glorygloryeze

glorygloryeze Jimmy McCormick

Which players are you referring to here btw?

20. Gazza

Gazza Jermaine Jenas

having an alternative opinion is not an agenda. likewise some could say your agenda is chumming it up with Levy.

There has to be balance in the opinion of course. Im all ears for both in favour of levy and those that are not ... but bottom line is that we dont have to agree to both be right or wrong.

billyiddo, MKSpur and glorygloryeze like this.