• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs finances

So in effect our owners could inject a large amount of shareholder funds to see us come through this in a really strong position.

There is zero chance of that happening however.
But where does that money come from? It has to come from cash somewhere which may not be available or may be better used in another business

But where does that money come from? It has to come from cash somewhere which may not be available or may be better used in another business
From an outside investor, but like I have said before that would dilute messrs Lewis' and Levy's holding and impact the thing they care about most.... their own personal wealth. I can't blame them for that too much I suppose, if I had made a 2000% return on my investment in (say) Norwich City FC then I'd want my full value. Of course the feeling would be entirely different for the club I love but I know some people's one true love is money only.

From an outside investor, but like I have said before that would dilute messrs Lewis' and Levy's holding and impact the thing they care about most.... their own personal wealth. I can't blame them for that too much I suppose, if I had made a 2000% return on my investment in (say) Norwich City FC then I'd want my full value. Of course the feeling would be entirely different for the club I love but I know some people's one true love is money only.
Certainly Joe Lewis’s is all about the £££
The logic of what you explained though is valid - now is a fine for someone to put £200M in and get value out of it prospectively

Hopefully the refinancing means we are poised to invest, wouldn’t be great PR to take a low rate loan to ensure our ‘survival’ and then spunk it on transfers.

Not sure if swiss ramble has been posted before, but it reads well about our debt and puts it into perspective.

And if I am reading it right it looks like we have 250m in operating cash. (not sure what that means but hopefully means we might have some cash to spunk on some shinney people)

Remember that is the accounts up to june last year. We've had a season with an empty stadium since.

Hopefully the refinancing means we are poised to invest, wouldn’t be great PR to take a low rate loan to ensure our ‘survival’ and then spunk it on transfers.

The loan from the bank of england specifically said we couldn't spend it on transfers. The new £250m though we can. Although most will go to paying back tboe.

Back