• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Spurs finances

We have a fantastic stadium and training ground. We also have the biggest debt in the country. A debt that exceeds our revenue by a large amount

We have the 5th biggest revenue in the country (same as when he he took over). His 19 years running our club have been the leanest period in terms of trophies the club has known since before the 2nd World war, that is a fact.

I think Levy has done a reasonably good job. He hasn’t fcuked things up like Sugar did and he hasn’t bankrupted us so he’s 1 up on our last two chairmen. He doesn’t sh1t gold though as some on here seem to think.
Now he's pretty much fulfilled his off the pitch objectives maybe he'll do his badges and take over the coaching roll?

The debt is a big number, but relative to the value of assets I don’t think it’s an issue.
In the last set of accounts with a completed stadium our debts were £350 odd million more than our assets, that included £120 million of cash in bank though. Depending on the outcome of this season (i.e. if it doesn’t finish) then that cash could be burnt though and things are then a bit more squeaky.... especially if a deep recession results in asset revaluations.

I’m currently stuck in a catch-22 of needing the season to finish to avoid our club being in a pretty grave situation but knowing that if it does finish then the victims finally win a PL title.

In the last set of accounts with a completed stadium our debts were £350 odd million more than our assets, that included £120 million of cash in bank though. Depending on the outcome of this season (i.e. if it doesn’t finish) then that cash could be burnt though and things are then a bit more squeaky.... especially if a deep recession results in asset revaluations.

I’m currently stuck in a catch-22 of needing the season to finish to avoid our club being in a pretty grave situation but knowing that if it does finish then the victims finally win a PL title.

I’m including players in assets.

Sell to who?
The club value has rocketed and we have a large debt hanging there
Who is gonna buy now?
As I’ve said a few times, the ‘right’ thing to do would be an equity injection.... say £300 million for 20 to 25 percent. That cash, covering a third of our debt and debt the rest invested well in youngish players could still allow Lewis and Levy to make just as much money if they do ever sell as the only way our club now increases its valuation is with on pitch success and the additional sponsorship revenue that brings.

Doing that would make Levy the 3rd biggest shareholder however so not sure whether he would want that?

Last edited:
I’m including players in assets.
So do the accounts (although at net book value of course.... I.e Kane would be valued at zero).

IMO it is dangerous counting on large fees for players to pay off debt considering most clubs in Europe are also cash strapped and that selling your best players leaves you weaker as a team and likely to see reduced income from prize money etc.

So do the accounts (although at net book value of course.... I.e Kane would be valued at zero).

IMO it is dangerous counting on large fees for players to pay off debt considering most clubs in Europe are also cash strapped and that selling your best players leaves you weaker as a team and likely to see reduced income from prize money etc.

true, but they are there should the situation require it, and we are good at replacing players for value

the clubs owned by image washing enterprises, such as City and PSG, you could argue there is enough similar influence and investment into Barca too, will still be throwing cash around in future transfer windows imo

true, but they are there should the situation require it, and we are good at replacing players for value

the clubs owned by image washing enterprises, such as City and PSG, you could argue there is enough similar influence and investment into Barca too, will still be throwing cash around in future transfer windows imo
Indeed. There will certainly be value out there this summer window (whenever it occurs) especially for players on high wages. Would we accept £30m for N’Dombele for example to get his rumored £200k a week wages off the books?

Other than Kane though do we have any players that the cash rich big boys would fight over?

Indeed. There will certainly be value out there this summer window (whenever it occurs) especially for players on high wages. Would we accept £30m for N’Dombele for example to get his rumored £200k a week wages off the books?

Other than Kane though do we have any players that the cash rich big boys would fight over?

Sanchez, Alli, Lo Celso, Lamela, Davies, Dier, Son

As I’ve said a few times, the ‘right’ thing to do would be an equity injection.... say £300 million for 20 to 25 percent. That cash, covering a third of our debt and debt the rest invested well in youngish players could still allow Lewis and Levy to make just as much money if they do ever sell as the only way our club now increases its valuation is with on pitch success and the additional sponsorship revenue that brings.

Doing that would make Levy the 3rd biggest shareholder however so not sure whether he would want that?
Yeah I agree
That’s a sensible play
Maybe that could happen
But I cant see anyone buying us when there is much better scope out there for someone

Yeah I agree
That’s a sensible play
Maybe that could happen
But I cant see anyone buying us when there is much better scope out there for someone
Yeah The upside left is minimal especially on such a large investment. Finney's suggestion is probably sensible for the club and the owners. With the right investor (whose happy for Levy to carry on) the owners can schedule a potential exit strategy further down the line.

Yeah I agree
That’s a sensible play
Maybe that could happen
And surely anyone who buys a football club for the type of money we'd go for now would treat it as a business first and foremost?

And surely anyone who buys a football club for the type of money we'd go for now would treat it as a business first and foremost?
You would have to assume so
It is a business guy actually quite small and the value people put on it is disproportionate

We'll be fine. I think the PL will resume in late May behind closed doors, and after clubs have had 3 weeks notice and been given the ok to resume training. That will mean the TV money is secure, and you might even get the last home game in front of normal crowds.

We'll also have Kane, Son and Bergwijn back so have a darn sight better chance of getting a top 4 finish than had the coronavirus delay not come up!

Sanchez, Alli, Lo Celso, Lamela, Davies, Dier, Son
The big boys would fight over Sanchez, Lamela, Davies and Dier? I think yours and my interpretation of ‘big boys’ are very different.

As for Lamela, I think the fight for him would be limited to his wife and girlfriend... I expect Lamela to get injured breaking it up.

We'll be fine. I think the PL will resume in late May behind closed doors, and after clubs have had 3 weeks notice and been given the ok to resume training. That will mean the TV money is secure, and you might even get the last home game in front of normal crowds.

We'll also have Kane, Son and Bergwijn back so have a darn sight better chance of getting a top 4 finish than had the coronavirus delay not come up!

Absoloutely no chance games are played behind doors or otherwise as soon as May

Back